*** DC Extended Universe ***

818,987 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll say this... I talked to a friend this weekend who's seen BvS. Or at least a version as it currently exists. And they were absolutely giddy. This is also a person who can't stand comic book movies. I didn't ask questions, and they didn't give me any details, but in all the years I've known this person - and knowing all the amazing projects this person has been a part of - I've never seen them this confident/excited. So make of that what you will.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There's no way the movie is even half finished...
TCTTS
AG
quote:
There's no way the movie is even half finished...

Filming was EIGHT MONTHS long, which is almost unheard of. And they finished five months ago. I don't think you realize how fast most movies like this are actually edited. They're editing all during production. That's more than enough time to have a working cut, complete with a decent amount of effects. It's the completion of the effects, sound, music, etc that take so long. That, and Snyder's going to have to have the movie locked long before it hits theaters because they'll likely start filming on Justice League soon after, if not before BvS releases.

And trust me, this is 100% legit. From a very good friend who is high up at WB.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, this movie appears to have an identity crisis: campy or serious? And yes, some movies can walk the line successfully and pull off both, but I just dont have faith right now that this one can do it. Not with what I've seen, despite what movie insiders might say.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
It's the completion of the effects, sound, music, etc that take so long.
Yeah, that's what I meant. You could have a pretty rough edit of the film done, but without music, sound effects, or completed CGI, how could you really know?

Hope your buddy is right though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I have much higher hopes for Batman vs Superman than I do for Suicide Squad. If Suicide Squad bombs, how would that impact their plan on the movie universe? Would that kill any further development of the franchise beyond things already in progress?
Bruce Almighty
AG
After the "omg, I'm speechless after the masterpiece that is Man of Steel....greatest comic book movie ever made, I'm literally creaming my pants right now!" crap from the early viewings, I'll wait until the movie comes out before I get excited.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/nUwmVSZ.jpg

Besides the forehead, I really like this look actually.

Kinda makes me think of the Joker as Scarface.
Simplebay
AG
quote:
After the "omg, I'm speechless after the masterpiece that is Man of Steel....greatest comic book movie ever made, I'm literally creaming my pants right now!" crap from the early viewings, I'll wait until the movie comes out before I get excited.
Too true.

It was not a clusterfk, the first ten minutes were still cool and superman actually punched people and the fights were decent.

I think people were just hungover from Singer Returns, and glad the huggy superman was gone.
rhutton125
AG
I don't know... I rewatched Man of Steel last week and enjoyed it a lot less than I did initially in the theater. I think there are a lot of silly lines, lots of trying too hard to be epic, that kind of thing. Lois Lane falls in love with Superman after having like two conversations with him (I know, he's ripped), and vice versa. We're supposed to care about Lawrence Fishburne and the other office workers running for their lives when they've had about 3 minutes of screen time up to that point.

I dunno. Maybe it doesn't deserve to be totally trashed, but it's not very good either. I guess you can say that about most Zack Snyder movies. But rather than just being a passable superhero flick, it's the springboard for an entire franchise of characters, many of whom have never been heard of before by audiences.

But I digress, I think we're all mostly in agreement here - people are right to be hesitant.

(For fun, here's the Honest Trailers for Man of Steel.)
fig96
AG
I think most people are saying the same thing on MoS, it wasn't terrible but it definitely wasn't great. And it pretty much fits with other Zack Snyder films, lots of style but not much substance.

One of those things is great for comic book films, but the other is really bad if you're trying to create a cohesive universe.
Dro07
AG
quote:
And they were absolutely giddy. This is also a person who can't stand comic book movies.
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
I'll say this... I talked to a friend this weekend who's seen BvS. Or at least a version as it currently exists. And they were absolutely giddy. This is also a person who can't stand comic book movies. I didn't ask questions, and they didn't give me any details, but in all the years I've known this person - and knowing all the amazing projects this person has been a part of - I've never seen them this confident/excited. So make of that what you will.
I'm still not excited about this at all. I just feel like they're always going to be playing catch up to Marvel and anything they pull out of their hats will just look like they're following Marvel's lead.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
Leto may be good and there are different incarnations of the Joker, so his portrayal may be an accurate one depending on which years of the comics he pulls from. But I'll say that when I look at him, I don't see the Joker. I see Jared Leto in makeup. When I saw the Dark Knight, I didn't see Heath Ledger at all... I saw the Joker.

I wasn't impressed and I think you summed it up perfectly
TCTTS
AG
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/26/see-the-batmobile-chase-the-jokermobile-on-the-suicide-squad-set
jackie childs
quote:
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/26/see-the-batmobile-chase-the-jokermobile-on-the-suicide-squad-set
the jokermobile looks like midnight club: gotham edition
redline248
AG
I never really thought about how slow cars actually drive for filming. I guess it makes sense, but editing must do a really good job to make it seem faster.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are the pics not displaying for anyone else?
fig96
AG
quote:
Are the pics not displaying for anyone else?
Assuming you mean the link, they come up but they do take a minute to load in.
swimmerbabe11
I'm pretty sure thats the car I drive when I play the Cruis'n USA arcade game
TCTTS
AG
Footage of Batman (likely Affleck's stunt double) attacking the Joker's car I imagine the cape will be an effect added in post, as with Man of Steel)...

http://www.cutprintfilm.com/news-2/suicide-squad-batmobile/

Many assumed this was all flashback material, seeing as the Joker spends most of Suicide Squad in jail and that last batch of on-set photos had Margot Robbie in pre-Harley wardrobe/character next to the Joker and his car in the same setting. But now seeing Harley's stunt double in the car in this sequence with Batman suggests it may not be a flashback. Then again I guess there could be multiple flashbacks, ones with pre-Harley and then Harley.
Fat Bib Fortuna
The Joker has a vanity plate on his car that says HAHAHA.

Now I need a flashback inside the flashback of the Joker brainstorming a list of funny vanity plate ideas and running them by the clerk at the DMV after standing in line for 6 hours.
TCTTS
AG
There are also jester/joker symbols on the rims. So lame.
jeffk
AG
Going to need to see the episode of Pimp My Ride where they got Xzibit to design and make the Jokermobile.
AgMarauder04
AG
This thing looks like a trainwreck
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Going to need to see the episode of Pimp My Ride where they got Xzibit to design and make the Jokermobile.

Yo dawg, I heard you like clowns...
AliasMan02
AG
Can't you see the DC execs in a room, saying "We need to be more brand-able!"

Actually this is pretty close...

swimmerbabe11
quote:

Now I need a flashback inside the flashback of the Joker brainstorming a list of funny vanity plate ideas and running them by the clerk at the DMV after standing in line for 6 hours.
That could actually be a pretty entertaining extra scene for the DVD release.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

I actually would enjoy that
jackie childs
quote:

i can live with HAHAHA...based on everything else we've seen so far, i'm actually stunned it doesn't say "J0k3R"
Deputy Travis Junior
Suicide Squad looks like it's going to be ****ing awful.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I still can't figure out how (or why?) everybody thinks that. We've seen pictures, and a short clip.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
I still can't figure out how (or why?) everybody thinks that. We've seen pictures, and a short clip.
Which are all f_cking awful. We extrapolated the rest
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Which are all f_cking awful. We extrapolated the rest
I guess I disagree. But I'm not a comic book expert....not since the late 70's anyway.
redline248
AG
I'm so far from an expert on comics. I just know, as you've noted, we've seen a bunch of pictures and if they truly each inspire 1000 words, the word has been "meh" 1000 times.
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.