*** DC Extended Universe ***

818,986 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
Tmoneyag99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
DC:Marvel::Microsoft:Apple

This is the feeling I get when reading all the DC bashing: Marvel fans (Apple) eat, sleep, and breath Marvel and will follow them no matter what. I'm not defending what I've seen from DC, but I also think the Marvel fan boys are a little obsessed with bashing for the sake of bashing.
This may come from people that don't read comics, but even hardcore Marvel only comic book readers still want to see good DC movies being made. The more good movies from both companies being made, the longer the comic book movie trend will last.

I think your right about the non comic readers. I personally enjoy both Marvel and DC stories with hopes of both succeeding. I have my doubts about a mixed DC universe working.
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
I think what you're seeing is people who love the DC characters getting so pissed off that the movies based on them are so far below their potential, to the point that they think any old Tom/Dick/Harry could put together a better vision for a shared movie universe based on these characters than what we're getting.
This
AMW2010
AG
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is the feeling I get when reading all the DC bashing: Marvel fans (Apple) eat, sleep, and breath Marvel and will follow them no matter what. I'm not defending what I've seen from DC, but I also think the Marvel fan boys are a little obsessed with bashing for the sake of bashing.

I'm not sure I would say that people are bashing it for the sake of bashing. I think. It's more that Marvel, at least since Iron Man, has shown that it can consistently produce good to great movies on a regular basis. DC on the other hand still has the stink of Batman and Robin and, while they did have the great stand-alone Nolan Batman trilogy, they also had a mediocre to bad Superman reboot, followed by yet another mediocre Superman reboot that is supposed to somehow launch a cinematic universe to compete with the MCU.

Now we are getting images from BvS and Suicide Squad that, to me at least, harken back to the Batman and Robin era of DC movies and you think people are bashing them for the sake of bashing? I loved Batman and Superman as a kid far more than anything Marvel put out and yet all I can think about when seeing that cast photo from Suicide Squad is that Arnold would fit in perfectly next to that embarrassingly bad Killer Croc yelling "Freeeeeeze".

People are judging an unfinished product. As an artist, I know I hate it when people judge my work before it's complete. But the director brought it on himself by releasing images early. I will personally try to wait before passing judgement, but I haven't been blown away with what I've seen yet either.

I'm an artist and designer as well, and just like that director should know you only get one chance to make a first impression with your work. I don't show something before it's ready to be seen because you can't take that moment back. He had complete control over that and did not get me excited about seeing more.

Marvel has done an amazing job giving us bits and pieces of their films leading into an amazing final product. As a huge Batman fan I'd love to see these films be outstanding, but DC is not inspiring confidence.
AMW2010
AG

Sex Panther
AG
Man I really, really hate Harley's white trash leg tattoos. Other than that, I think she's sexy as hell.
swimmerbabe11
This is promising...I kinda like the idea of her shedding the jacket/taking off the collar (still think all the text is overkill...but fine)

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/05/12/new-suicide-squad-set-photos-show-harley-quinn-and-deadshot-getting-up-close-and-personal-2925193?lt_source=external,manual
fig96
AG
I wonder how much extra Will Smith pays his agent to get into movies where he gets to "cuddle" with her.
TCTTS
AG
^ Seriously. There's no way those two haven't been ******* for the last two years, behind each of their significant others' backs. Jada may very well murder a b*tch.
swimmerbabe11
They've been in a bunch of stuff together?
Dro07
AG
quote:
he has been in a bunch of her stuff
Sex Panther
AG
Isn't the rumor that Will and Jada have an open relationship?
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Focus and now this.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Yeah, I've actually heard that before too. No idea if it's really true or not.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I've actually heard that before too. No idea if it's really true or not.

They're Scientologists, so they're probably into a bunch of stuff we're not allowed to know about.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure I would say that people are bashing it for the sake of bashing. I think. It's more that Marvel, at least since Iron Man, has shown that it can consistently produce good to great movies on a regular basis. DC on the other hand still has the stink of Batman and Robin and, while they did have the great stand-alone Nolan Batman trilogy, they also had a mediocre to bad Superman reboot, followed by yet another mediocre Superman reboot that is supposed to somehow launch a cinematic universe to compete with the MCU.

Now we are getting images from BvS and Suicide Squad that, to me at least, harken back to the Batman and Robin era of DC movies and you think people are bashing them for the sake of bashing? I loved Batman and Superman as a kid far more than anything Marvel put out and yet all I can think about when seeing that cast photo from Suicide Squad is that Arnold would fit in perfectly next to that embarrassingly bad Killer Croc yelling "Freeeeeeze".

People are judging an unfinished product. As an artist, I know I hate it when people judge my work before it's complete. But the director brought it on himself by releasing images early. I will personally try to wait before passing judgement, but I haven't been blown away with what I've seen yet either.

I'm an artist and designer as well, and just like that director should know you only get one chance to make a first impression with your work. I don't show something before it's ready to be seen because you can't take that moment back. He had complete control over that and did not get me excited about seeing more.

Marvel has done an amazing job giving us bits and pieces of their films leading into an amazing final product. As a huge Batman fan I'd love to see these films be outstanding, but DC is not inspiring confidence.
Not to mention some pretty good TV shows. I can't understand how Marvel manages to do both, but DC can't figure it out. They don't seem to have a "master plan" that ties things together like Marvel has. There's some crossover with Flash/Arrow, but even that doesn't make sense sometimes....like last night.
jackie childs
quote:
Jada may very well murder a b*tch.
if she really wants to punish margot, jada should just force margot to watch her on gotham
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
if she really wants to punish margot, jada should just force margot to watch her on gotham

Just realized Will Smith must have a thing for Gotham's female criminals. Maybe that's a level you get to unlock in Scientology?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Something tells me that Robbie will be the main driving force behind the bulk of this movie's audience. I look at every other aspect and think, "mehhhh". Then I see pics of her as Harley and think, "Well, then again....."
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

I have 3 or 4 episodes of that show on the dvr still. Not really looking forward to watching.
FTACO97
AG
Well, it's still to be decided whether DC has a clue when it comes to their movie universe, but I'm starting to feel like they've hit their stride in the TV world. Flash and Arrow have done well and the SuperGirl promo looks good. Also the promo video for Legends of Tomorrow looks very good. Still undecided on Gotham though and I'm a huge Batman fan. I realize Batman himself is for the movie world, but I'd like to have a current Batman show that ties in with Flash & Arrow. Especially since the majority of this season of Arrow was him dealing with a Batman nemesis. It was almost like, "Hey Arrow, Batman called...he wants his villains back".
redline248
AG
I think more of the credit goes to the CW than DC on those shows. Gotham is pretty terrible compared to Flash/Arrow.
TajMaballer
AG
Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim have made me buy more into DC Comics than anything this DCU has done.
AliasMan02
AG
Savage is a great choice for the Legends villain.
TCTTS
AG
First look at The Joker on set + his ride. Also, Margot Robbie pre-Harley, I'm assuming? She used to be his psychiatrist or something, right? (Regardless, just FYI, the coat isn't part of her actual wardrobe.)

TCTTS
AG
Even more pics...

Sex Panther
AG
Leto may be good and there are different incarnations of the Joker, so his portrayal may be an accurate one depending on which years of the comics he pulls from. But I'll say that when I look at him, I don't see the Joker. I see Jared Leto in makeup. When I saw the Dark Knight, I didn't see Heath Ledger at all... I saw the Joker.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Leto may be good and there are different incarnations of the Joker, so his portrayal may be an accurate one depending on which years of the comics he pulls from. But I'll say that when I look at him, I don't see the Joker. I see Jared Leto in makeup. When I saw the Dark Knight, I didn't see Heath Ledger at all... I saw the Joker.

Yep. Agreed.
Fat Bib Fortuna
again, every time i happen by this thread I think "Oh yeah, they're making those movies."

Glad to see the Joker was able to get the color car to match his get-up.
jeffk
AG
That looks really stupid.
Simplebay
AG
This has disaster written all over it.

Maybe DC is purposefully tanking this movie to might justice league and BVS look better.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
This movie just looks all over the map, are they going for serious or campy because the tattoos, Harley's clothes with the dumb sayings on them, the purple car with the "hahaha" license plate and all of it don't mix with a "serious" film.

Oh, and did I miss a version of the Joker where he's gay and Harley is his beard. I don't like the look for this at all.
fig96
AG
I'm not loving the look, but a lot also really depends on how this is shot. I'm not quite giving up hope yet.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I just want to know who at the studio thought this version of the joker was a good idea. I've already reached the point of hoping DC pulls the plug on its movie universe and starts over from scratch based on the feedback it's gotten.
AliasMan02
AG
Don't worry, WB will insist on a bunch of dark, dulling filters in post that will knock it down to about 3 colors. Will look totally different.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.