*** DC Extended Universe ***

819,082 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that pic of harley almost looks more like an episode of community where britta dresses up as harley, but then "britta'd" it
Dro07
AG
quote:
that pic of harley almost looks more like an episode of community where britta dresses up as harley, but then "britta'd" it
can see that
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
So....her shirt says "Daddy's little monster" and her jacket says 'property of Joker'

Seriously?

Really?

Do you know the story of her? She is obsessed to the max with Joker. She was his shrink and he turned her. I think some of that stuff is spot on. like i said she is the least of our worries in this film

Ugh, yes. I know the story of her. EVERYONE knows her story and they know the Joker's story. Why do you need to spell it out on their freaking costumes there, but totally ignore the namesake red and black of Harlequin/Harley Quinn? Instead you bash us over the head with her Joker-love? Besides the fact, Suicide Squad was after Gotham Girls where she gained a bit of her own identity and was no longer completely consumed by Joker..which clearly with the slave collar/shirt/jacket they are ignoring here. Which, forebodes badly for her being anything but a plot device of Joker's.

Meanwhile, characters that they could be more literal with in order to get people to know them better, like

Slipknot, They just turn into "Guy in combat gear":

Captain boomerang...guy with jacket

Rick Flagg into "Guy with Guns"

Why not be more creative and telling with THOSE characters who need their story to be told?
swimmerbabe11
Also, why do el diablo and croc look so similar in that pic? Seems like they should have left the shirt off of croc (and put him in lifts...like small stilts) and then I'm not really sure what they are going for on Diablo..so I'll suspend judgement..what little of that character I know though, it seems really off.

Enchantrss also could have had color..why are we so scared of color?

Pretty much the only one I really like is Katana.
swimmerbabe11
ooh found better pictures of Croc and El Diablo!

That is better. Still don't get the letter jacket look...but maybe they will tell a story there.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
What is El Diablo's power? Isn't that Spanish for like a fighting chicken?
israeliag
AG
quote:
What is El Diablo's power? Isn't that Spanish for like a fighting chicken?
El Pollo Diablo!

fig96
AG
El Macho?

AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
can see that
I'd have to dig it up, but I think I made the suggestion that Gilian would be a good Harley WAAAAY back when.
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
Wow, I do not get y'alls hate for this at all.

Looks good to me.

I feel that if this exact same movie was released by Marvel people would be creaming themselves, but because it is DC there's a predisposition to just take ****s on it.

Except for Will Smith, each of these characters look like they are ready to commit suicide for each of their own reasons.
I think that Harley's costume looks like something a ****ty girl would wear to theme night at a roller skating rink, not what a clown obsessed serial killer would wear.
p-townag
AG
I agree, though I doubt this is the outfit she's going to wear the whole movie. Definitely a chance she appears in her traditional look at some point in the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
wait... they are introducing wonder woman into BvS? I guess i really haven't been paying attention to BvS at all
TCTTS
AG
Yes. But only in an extended-cameo type roll.
AliasMan02
AG
Good looking WW. She's at her best when wielding a sword.
TCTTS
AG
Seems to be some debate as to whether or not this is real...

Dro07
AG
its so bad its probably real...
swimmerbabe11
What does the tramp stamp say?
Dro07
AG
quote:
What does the tramp stamp say?
I looks like it says "Puddin". Thats what Harley calls the joker

Sex Panther
AG
Still don't like Joker but Harley is rocking the crazy eyes
swimmerbabe11
ohhh I see it now.

Looked like Peddler or something...should have guessed Puddin.
Murder Hornet
AG
DC is that fat, nerdy kid that desperately wants to be cool but really has no chance. Between the meh of BvS and the utter fail (based on a couple of photos) of suicide squad. They have no chance of catching up/competing with the Marvel juggernaut
israeliag
AG
quote:
DC is that fat, nerdy kid that desperately wants to be cool but really has no chance. Between the meh of BvS and the utter fail (based on a couple of photos) of suicide squad. They have no chance of catching up/competing with the Marvel juggernaut
DC:Microsoft :: Marvel:Apple.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
DC:Microsoft :: Marvel:Apple.

i think you mean

DC:Marvel::Microsoft:Apple
ScottH_01
AG
Either way amounts to the same thing. Regardless the comparison doesn't really work.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Man I got nothin...... I can't decide if it's just ridiculous or bad.....

Edit: in regards to the Joker/Harley picture.
BigRobSA
quote:
Man I got nothin...... I can't decide if it's just ridiculous or bad.....

Edit: in regards to the Joker/Harley picture.
I vote "ridicu-bad".
p-townag
AG
Almost looks like a drawing someone made after seeing the initial photo. Doesn't look like a photo at all. Look at his right arm. Also look how he's squatting on a stool very awkwardly.

I would be shocked if that's real.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Almost looks like a drawing someone made after seeing the initial photo. Doesn't look like a photo at all. Look at his right arm. Also look how he's squatting on a stool very awkwardly.

I would be shocked if that's real.

That's what I'm thinking. She looks real, but he looks painted/drawn in that photo.
Tmoneyag99
AG
quote:

This is the feeling I get when reading all the DC bashing: Marvel fans (Apple) eat, sleep, and breath Marvel and will follow them no matter what. I'm not defending what I've seen from DC, but I also think the Marvel fan boys are a little obsessed with bashing for the sake of bashing.
Dr. Horrible
I think what you're seeing is people who love the DC characters getting so pissed off that the movies based on them are so far below their potential, to the point that they think any old Tom/Dick/Harry could put together a better vision for a shared movie universe based on these characters than what we're getting.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:

This is the feeling I get when reading all the DC bashing: Marvel fans (Apple) eat, sleep, and breath Marvel and will follow them no matter what. I'm not defending what I've seen from DC, but I also think the Marvel fan boys are a little obsessed with bashing for the sake of bashing.

I'm not sure I would say that people are bashing it for the sake of bashing. I think. It's more that Marvel, at least since Iron Man, has shown that it can consistently produce good to great movies on a regular basis. DC on the other hand still has the stink of Batman and Robin and, while they did have the great stand-alone Nolan Batman trilogy, they also had a mediocre to bad Superman reboot, followed by yet another mediocre Superman reboot that is supposed to somehow launch a cinematic universe to compete with the MCU.

Now we are getting images from BvS and Suicide Squad that, to me at least, harken back to the Batman and Robin era of DC movies and you think people are bashing them for the sake of bashing? I loved Batman and Superman as a kid far more than anything Marvel put out and yet all I can think about when seeing that cast photo from Suicide Squad is that Arnold would fit in perfectly next to that embarrassingly bad Killer Croc yelling "Freeeeeeze".
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:

This may come from people that don't read comics, but even hardcore Marvel only comic book readers still want to see good DC movies being made. The more good movies from both companies being made, the longer the comic book movie trend will last.
Tmoneyag99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure I would say that people are bashing it for the sake of bashing. I think. It's more that Marvel, at least since Iron Man, has shown that it can consistently produce good to great movies on a regular basis. DC on the other hand still has the stink of Batman and Robin and, while they did have the great stand-alone Nolan Batman trilogy, they also had a mediocre to bad Superman reboot, followed by yet another mediocre Superman reboot that is supposed to somehow launch a cinematic universe to compete with the MCU.

Now we are getting images from BvS and Suicide Squad that, to me at least, harken back to the Batman and Robin era of DC movies and you think people are bashing them for the sake of bashing? I loved Batman and Superman as a kid far more than anything Marvel put out and yet all I can think about when seeing that cast photo from Suicide Squad is that Arnold would fit in perfectly next to that embarrassingly bad Killer Croc yelling "Freeeeeeze".

People are judging an unfinished product. As an artist, I know I hate it when people judge my work before it's complete. But the director brought it on himself by releasing images early. I will personally try to wait before passing judgement, but I haven't been blown away with what I've seen yet either.
jeffk
AG
quote:
I think what you're seeing is people who love the DC characters getting so pissed off that the movies based on them are so far below their potential, to the point that they think any old Tom/Dick/Harry could put together a better vision for a shared movie universe based on these characters than what we're getting.

100% this.

I love Batman. Green Lantern is awesome too. Martian Manhunter: super cool. The Flash: Amazing. (I do think Superman is boring though.)

Yet, all the stuff I've seen from this next wave of DC movies looks terrible. So if I or others like me come off as Marvel fanboys, it's mainly because Marvel has shown an ability to take even fringe comic material and make it fun and interesting. They have a master plan working to organize everything and they've somehow managed to keep both the hardcore fanboys and casual moviegoers happy - not an easy task. DC has shown no such ability yet.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.