*** DC Extended Universe ***

797,412 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Brick Tamland
Not sure why, but I'm excited about this movie
Sex Panther
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Not sure why, but I'm excited about this movie

I am also not sure why you are excited about it
TCTTS
swimmerbabe11
GiveEmHellBill said:

Seriously...........this is the Teen Titans now. Whether you like this show or not, this is what most kids think of when they think of the Teen Titans. It's that popular.

This live action tv show? Utter garbage.

Have you ever watched though? It's shockingly good.
SeattleAgJr
swimmerbabe11 said:

I just can't get over the art style.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Whenever my kid is watching Teen Titans, I find it pretty hard to not watch it with him.
wangus12
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I just can't get over the art style.
Same. I'm not a fan of the transition in art style for cartoons that happened around the turn of the century. I feel like for the most part, cartoons I grew up on like Batman, Scooby Doo, Looney Toons, etc looked better. Probably just bias those
Brick Tamland
Well geez. Excuuuuuuse me.
TCTTS
AG
Now this I could get behind. McQuarrie recently directed Cavill in Mission: Impossible - Fallout...

Brick Tamland
Shazam! just added some actors to play the adult versions of Freddy (Adam Brody), Eugene (Ross Butler), and Pedro (D.J. Cotrona)
Brick Tamland
TCTTS
AG

hunter2012
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Seriously...........this is the Teen Titans now. Whether you like this show or not, this is what most kids think of when they think of the Teen Titans. It's that popular.

This live action tv show? Utter garbage.

The people that hate it are just pissed that it was the successor to the 2000's Teen Titans show. TTG is a self aware parody right in the middle of the superhero era. But to them that's not the original show, regardless of how good it is. So they compare apples to oranges and oranges make poor apples(go figure).
Sex Panther
AG
I've seen a few episodes of Teen Titans Go with my nephew and that **** is funny
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
Apparently Momoa told Will Arnett that he's the best Batman ever

Was going to post the tweet, but Momoa drops f bombs like they're going out of style.
Brick Tamland
Contains some of the tweets TCTTS posted

Brick Tamland
Teaser description for Aquaman

Quote:

"I can't believe you're finally here," someone says. The camera dives into the water. A ship soars through the water. A gladiator match seems to be coming. The ship enters Atlantis, with several ships ferrying in and out. The Ocean Master stands in the coliseum, rallying the crowd against his brother who will challenge him for the throne. Arthur trains on the beach. He's younger and catches the quindent with his bare hands, just before his face. He lifts a submarine from the water. He kicks ass insode the sub. Above water, he tells Mera he is a "blood instrument" and he's "damn good at it". Mera begs Arthur to help so "millions of people" don't die. Water crashes on land. Dafoe's character tells him to go "deeper" to discover his Atlantean instincts, before being revealed in a leather-y black costume. Black Manta looks ripped from a comic, with glowing red eyes. A war between an army on foot underwater and men riding sharks ensues. The Ocean Master promises to bring the"wrath of seven seas."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/24/aquaman-movie-2018-trailer-footage-cinema-con/
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Sounds promising.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty funny. But also, the Avatar comparison is interesting in that I just realized this is going to beat it to the punch in terms of never-before-seen underwater action. Cameron is touting the hell of the underwater tech/footage he's developing for the Avatar sequels, but this will hit theaters two years before those movies start dropping. I'm sure Cameron's footage will be jaw-dropping and in all likelihood better than Aquaman's, but I wonder if the novelty will have worn off by then because of Aquaman doing it first...

TCTTS
AG
Also, the way people are talking about the footage today, it's starting to make more sense why WB claimed that big, mid-December slot for releasing this. It definitely sounds like it's going to have that epic, Lord of the Rings / Avatar / Star Wars vibe we've grown accustomed to that time of year, more so than I was imagining. Now, whether it's actually good is another thing altogether, but at least the intent and ambition seems to be in the right place.
fig96
AG
I'm a lot more excited for this than I previously was, it's sounding pretty epic. Intrigued by the world we're hearing about for sure.

Whether Wan can deliver that LOTR feel remains to be seen.
Brick Tamland
I like how he seems to reference Justice League as stuff that hasn't been good, and then says this is much better. I enjoyed Justice League, despite its faults. Really looking forward to Aquaman, though.

Wan is being very meticulous with the movie, and even jokingly said that he didn't want to show any footage at CinemaCon yet so he could perfect VFX
Brick Tamland
I know he showed a teaser, but he said WB made him scrap something together
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
James Wan describes Aquaman as a Shakespearean brother vs brother but underseas.

Quote:

The main antagonist in this movie is Orm, played by Patrick Wilson," Wan said. "And Black Manta, played by Yahya [Abdul-Mateen], is caught up in that world with them as well. But the main drive really is, it's almost a very classic Shakespearean story about brother from another world vs. brother from another world. And it really is a classic story of sibling rivalry.

We're used to superhero movies where the threat is from another dimension or aliens from another universe coming here and trying to destroy our Earth," Wan said. "But we haven't seen one where the main threat is from a massive, massive civilization that is right under our nose, in the ocean. The idea that there could be a massive civilization living right underneath [us] that we don't know about is kind of scary and exciting.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/24/aquaman-james-wan-shakespearean-story-sibling-rivalry/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Forum Troll
AG
Quote:

A war between an army on foot underwater and men riding sharks ensues.
YES PLEASE

Jurassic World did it and it was AWESOME.
Brick Tamland
I hope Cavill is actually allowed to act and have dialog in the next movie

Brick Tamland

Quote:

Henry Cavill knows what it would be like. We had a a lot of time hanging out on set, and Henry's a huge fan of Superman. I can't help but talk story to people, so he told me his take on Superman and I thought it was really great, and I gave him my two cents. The tweet you're referring to is somebody asked 'Would you do it?' and I said 'Hey, they know where to find me.' Nobody's asked, but you know"

https://heroichollywood.com/christopher-mcquarrie-superman-ideas-henry-cavill/
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brick Tamland said:

James Wan describes Aquaman as a Shakespearean brother vs brother but underseas.
That's funny, because Thor was basically a Shakespearean brother vs brother but in Asgard and New Mexico.
Brick Tamland
Cool story
TCTTS
AG
I said this earlier, but a McQuarrie-directed Man of Steel 2 could be AMAZING.
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland

Alfred is finally getting his own movie!!
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.