*** DC Extended Universe ***

816,288 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TCTTS
Vander
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Wait, so why can she move fast enough to dodge bullets/block bullets but the other women can't? Are they not invincible/immortal?

They are functionally immortal, not invincible. That is, they won't die of age but they can die of illness, accidents, battle, stabbings, or being shot.

Wonder Woman is the literal daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta. She's a demigod like Hercules though in this case she's much more powerful than him. She is almost as fast and as strong as Superman. In DC, Wonder Woman is generally considered to be the 2nd most powerful superhero on Earth after Superman.
Vander
AG
R0GUE said:

dromo07 said:

I may be wrong but I think they can die but they just don't age... if that makes sense. She is the daughter of Zeus so think Hercules
I think if they are going by her original origin (which it appears they are from some of the dialogue in the first trailer) she was created by Zeus out of clay, like a Golem. So its a minor distinction, but she's not really a god or demi-god, more of a magical being.

I believe they are using the New 52 origin.
AgMarauder04
AG
Vander said:

R0GUE said:

dromo07 said:

I may be wrong but I think they can die but they just don't age... if that makes sense. She is the daughter of Zeus so think Hercules
I think if they are going by her original origin (which it appears they are from some of the dialogue in the first trailer) she was created by Zeus out of clay, like a Golem. So its a minor distinction, but she's not really a god or demi-god, more of a magical being.

I believe they are using the New 52 origin.
Natural daughter of Zeus and Hipplo....ta?
TCTTS
AG
Here we go again. These ****ing idiots will never learn...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/well-heres-a-deeply-upsetting-rumor-about-the-next-bat-1788590396
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Here we go again. These ****ing idiots will never learn...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/well-heres-a-deeply-upsetting-rumor-about-the-next-bat-1788590396
Quote:

Here's 30 things that are wrong with it that we can fix.' And [the executives] said, 'We don't care. We don't really care. The amount of money we're going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn't really matter, these things that you're bringing up about the flaws of the script.' So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously.
good luck with that.
Dro07
FL_Ag1998
AG
"Oh, but the trailer looks really awesome! I bet they learned their lesson and THIS one will be different!"
TCTTS
AG
For what it's worth...

TCTTS
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gotham-city-sirens-movie-david-ayer-margot-robbie-reteam-all-female-dc-villains-project
MrPlow2010
AG
Patrick Wilson was also cast as Aquaman's brother in the solo film. I not really excited for a solo Aquaman movie but I do like Patrick Wilson. He was great in Fargo.
israeliag
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

Patrick Wilson was also cast as Aquaman's brother in the solo film. I not really excited for a solo Aquaman movie but I do like Patrick Wilson. He was great in Fargo.

Wilson can act - interested in seeing him play a villian.
FL_Ag1998
AG
So Wilson will be Ocean Master? Hmmmm, I like him a lot, but not seeing it.
TCTTS
AG
Would watch...

https://instagr.am/p/BOc54cTgmDj
TCTTS
AG
(Rumor is Superman vs. Black Adam for Man of Steel 2. No idea who Black Adam is, but if played by The Rock, I'm in.)
Sex Panther
AG
The Rock swoops in to save yet another franchise. This guy is magic.

Can't wait for him to run for president
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

(Rumor is Superman vs. Black Adam for Man of Steel 2. No idea who Black Adam is, but if played by The Rock, I'm in.)

Somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Adam is the arch enemy of Shazam. Seems kinda wrong for him to be cast as a Superman foe.

And I love the Rock, he brings fantastic charisma, but I have zero faith in the DC filmmakers to bring that out. Hell, the only actor I've really hated in the DC films is Eisenberg (although Wonder Woman was no great shakes either). With all the other actors it hasn't been their fault the movies suck, its the filmmakers fault. And I don't see that changing even with the Rock stepping in.
MooreTrucker
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

TCTTS said:

Somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Adam is the arch enemy of Shazam. Seems kinda wrong for him to be cast as a Superman foe.

And I love the Rock, he brings fantastic charisma, but I have zero faith in the DC filmmakers to bring that out. Hell, the only actor I've really hated in the DC films is Eisenberg (although Wonder Woman was no great shakes either). With all the other actors it hasn't been their fault the movies suck, its the filmmakers fault. And I don't see that changing even with the Rock stepping in.
Wonder Woman is awesome!
Vander
AG
TCTTS said:

If this is how they introduce Captain Marvel/Shazam, then it would be gold. Captain Marvel/Billy Batson idolizes Superman and a Superman fight against Black Adam would be perfect for Captain Marvel because Black Adam is magical and so is Captain Marvel.

This movie needs to be made because you could legit show Superman as a true mentor and leader and as someone that even other superheroes look up to. It would cement him as THE superhero in the DCU while establishing Captain Marvel as a character.

Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam is a percect choice. He easily has the charisma to make Black Adam the villain he needs to be.
FL_Ag1998
AG
MooreTrucker said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

TCTTS said:

Wonder Woman is hot but she needs some more acting lessons

FIFY
Quad Dog
AG
Vander said:

TCTTS said:

If this is how they introduce Captain Marvel/Shazam, then it would be gold. Captain Marvel/Billy Batson idolizes Superman and a Superman fight against Black Adam would be perfect for Captain Marvel because Black Adam is magical and so is Captain Marvel.

This movie needs to be made because you could legit show Superman as a true mentor and leader and as someone that even other superheroes look up to. It would cement him as THE superhero in the DCU while establishing Captain Marvel as a character.

Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam is a percect choice. He easily has the charisma to make Black Adam the villain he needs to be.

Unless Superman breaks Black Adam's neck.
Quad Dog
AG
Having thought about it more, having Black Adam as Superman's enemy in the next movie seems like a mistake. You're telling me the best they could do for their tent-pole character was to face him against the unknown villain (Black Adam) of a lesser known hero (Shazam)? That would be like having Spider-Man fight The Magus in his next movie.

Is this admitting that Superman doesn't have good enough stand alone villains? That they made a mistake jailing Luthor, killing Zod, and killing Doomsday in previous movies? That they don't understand Superman well enough they have to keep finding strong villains for him to punch?

Also, where is the backlash for casting a Nova Scotain/Soman to play an Egyptian? I guess The Rock is just that charismatic.
MooreTrucker
AG
Quad Dog said:

Also, where is the backlash for casting a Nova Scotain/Soman to play an Egyptian? I guess The Rock is just that charismatic.
Scorpion King. duh.
Sex Panther
AG
Quad Dog said:

Having thought about it more, having Black Adam as Superman's enemy in the next movie seems like a mistake. You're telling me the best they could do for their tent-pole character was to face him against the unknown villain (Black Adam) of a lesser known hero (Shazam)?

I think this is what happened.

DC has long wanted to be in business with The Rock. (Wouldn't surprise me if Marvel did too). But due to his look and size, he can't play just anyone.

For whatever reason, DC decided on Shazam for him. I've barely heard of Shazam, I don't know anything about him or Black Adam, but DC offered him the choice of either character and he chose the latter. (This is not speculation, this is what actually happened).

I would guess part of the reason for wanting him for either role is because he just looks like them (especially Black Adam):

So again, I don't know anything about these two guys, but I was reading up on Shazam, and man is this a stupid sounding character. DC doesn't get the benefit of the doubt like Marvel, that they can make any of their properties a hit movie...

I would guess they don't have confidence in Shazam, but they have a lot of confidence in The Rock. So I think the goal is to simply put him in with their struggling tentpole character no matter what.

This also feeds into more of my complaints with Superman. I know a lot of people like him and he's iconic, but I think he's boring and doesn't have nearly as great of villains as Batman.

Doomsday is just a bland destruction monster with no motivation... Who else is there after Lex Luthor, Zod and Darkseid? The only person I can even think of is Brainiac, and he's a weird robot alien thing, and Ultron has already kind of done that.

Basically, they don't have anyone else to use, and The Rock is the most important piece to solving their problem(s).
TCTTS
AG
I think you hit the nail on the head.
toucan82
What about Mr. Mxyzptlk?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Wtf? My watch list said there was a new post, but the last post is 2 years old.

Edit: after posting, a bunch of new posts magically appear. Wth TexAgs?
Bruce Almighty
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

The last post before yours was at 2:48 today.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

I swear it said 'page 47 of 47' but the posts were from two years ago. It wouldnt let me navigate to the next page bc I was on the last page. I clicked on the grey 'new post' box on my watch list. Looks like it was showing the first page posts as page 47. Once I replied everything was fixed.
Quad Dog
AG
toucan82 said:

What about Mr. Mxyzptlk?

The Rock as Mxyzptlk would be awesome.
FL_Ag1998
AG
This is where their misuse of Superman in both of the movies and Lex in the last movie really hurts them.

IMO, the appeal of Superman isnt his enemies as much as it is his inner turmoil of being a god-like outsider who was raised to be part of and protect humans. They didn't even need a huge enemy like Zod in the first movie to make it good, if they had done it right.

And Lex should have stayed behind the scenes the entire second movie. End it with him still being a well respected businessman who is manipulating things behind the scenes in order to take down Supes as well as gain as much control as possible. Then the next movies could have been introductions to the other soon-to-be Justice League members. No need for another standalone Superman movie. Have Lex be the ultimate bad guy behind the scenes in each of those other movies, even if its only for a couple of minutes of screentime (a la what Marvel is doing with Thanos).

Then the Justice League comes together to finally fight Lex, or maybe just when they're about to fight him Darkseid shows up, leaving Lex to escape to the next movie.

Whatever. DC/WB has shown they don't care about quality, rather simply box office. And that's what they're doing. Looking for "splashes"...shiny objects to lure people in, usually against their better judgment. Casting the Rock as Black Adam in a Superman movie is a prime example.
fig96
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

I swear it said 'page 47 of 47' but the posts were from two years ago. It wouldnt let me navigate to the next page bc I was on the last page. I clicked on the grey 'new post' box on my watch list. Looks like it was showing the first page posts as page 47. Once I replied everything was fixed.
I got the same thing, weird.
jeffk
AG
Outside of the Bat-verse, there just aren't many GREAT characters for DC to work with. Superman is good, but his films have never been really compelling because they all try to feature villains who want to overpower Supes, instead of focusing on his conflicting humanity. Green Lantern is okay, Wonder Woman is okay, Martian Manhunter could be decent if done right and not turned into another action movie. Cyborg is pretty lame. Flash is funny, but the TV show already did him justice.

Heck, the best Justice League plotlines are when they're forced to attack/defeat another JL member.
AliasMan02
AG
fig96 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

I got the same thing, weird.

Just the new watchlist truncation being weird. I had the same deal.
VanZandt92
They should definitely retread another Superman movie.
MooreTrucker
AG
I love love loved the Justice League growing up, and it makes me sad to think what they might do to it now.

Of course, I haven't read any JL in a long time so I don't know what the current version is like anyway I guess.
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.