Avengers: Age of Ultron Official Synopsis

64,846 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
CGSC Lobotomy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ulysses Klaw; and if Klaw is in this it removes all doubt that T'Challa is going to appear in the MCU soon.
Red Five
AG
quote:
From what little we get here, Ultron actually feels like the first truly threatening/memorable villain out of the entire MCU.
One concern I had with Ultron is that he wouldnt really be developed enough in just one movie to fully realize the threat he poses to the Avengers. If you read an Avengers story with Ultron as the villain, there is a feeling of overwhelming despair. They know they can't kill him. They know he will come back and there is nothing they can do about it. I was afraid that was something that couldnt be replicated without repeated clashes against him.

Having seen the trailer, wow. It looks like Marvel has completely crushed it with Spader and Ultron. I agree 100% that he looks like he could be the biggest and best villain we have gotten.
bayouaggie
AG
I haven't read any comics so sorry if this a dumb observation, but from the trailer Ultron looks like the leader of a Skynet like army of machines. Is this close or is he some alien or something, like a transformer?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
I haven't read any comics so sorry if this a dumb observation, but from the trailer Ultron looks like the leader of a Skynet like army of machines. Is this close or is he some alien or something, like a transformer?

I guess I could consider it closer to SkyNet. Ultron is not an alien, he is built by Hank Pym/Tony Stark, and then he evolves himself into the final form you see at the end of the trailer. The other robots are robots he controls.
wangus12
AG
So if it is U.K., does that lead to B. P.?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, his purpose is to help achieve world peace.... trouble starts when he realizes that that goal is more easily attained without humans around to cause conflict.

Trailer looks awesome!

I wonder if the Hulk-Iron Man conflict will be early in the movie and helps reel in the Hulk to help fight Ultron or later in the film as things start to fall apart. The fact that the whole thing teases the death of all the team members gives it the dark feel a lot of the previous Marvel movies have been lacking - you KNEW that no matter how bad things got, there was no way the title character wasn't going to survive. That assurance isn't there in this one (although almost all will live on in some form or fashion).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just hope they have the balls to kill off some main characters. Something Nolan did not have in TDKR. That movie would be much, much better if not for that shot of Bruce Wayne in Europe.
jeffk
AG
^ I thought that was happening in Alfred's head because of inception and such.
Gigem314
AG
quote:
Having seen the trailer, wow. It looks like Marvel has completely crushed it with Spader and Ultron.

Yeah I can't wait to see this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
^ I thought that was happening in Alfred's head because of inception and such.
I guess I was in denial as to how Nolan could make such a dumb decision.
AgMarauder04
AG
So, who would be killed off?

Tony Stark and Cap are probably off limits.
Since they made Thor a chick, could they kill him off and bring she-Thor back later?

My best bet would be Hawkeye.
jeffk
AG
Hawkeye is expendable.Either of the two new mutants could be brought around to the good side and then killed. I'm guessing Cap and Stark will make it but might die/retire in their next solo film. Black Widow could die. They could kill Fury again. Agent 13 could get killed and then the others have to get "Revenge" for her. Hulk could get shot into outer space by Ultron or Stark.
LeonardSkinner
What if...

Ultron is the next evolution of Stark's robotic assistant? After years of being ridiculed for being slow and stupid, it gets an upgrade and snaps?

"Who's the dummy now, Stark? I bet you wish you had a fire extinguisher this time around..."
tamusc
AG
quote:
What if...

Ultron is the next evolution of Stark's robotic assistant? After years of being ridiculed for being slow and stupid, it gets an upgrade and snaps?

"Who's the dummy now, Stark? I bet you wish you had a fire extinguisher this time around..."
wangus12
AG
quote:
Hawkeye is expendable.Either of the two new mutants could be brought around to the good side and then killed. I'm guessing Cap and Stark will make it but might die/retire in their next solo film. Black Widow could die. They could kill Fury again. Agent 13 could get killed and then the others have to get "Revenge" for her. Hulk could get shot into outer space by Ultron or Stark.
I think they'd kill off Hill before 13. It would have largely impact with the audience because everyone recognizes Cobie. Hawkeye would be a good bet to kill off as well.
AgMarauder04
AG
I feel like there was too much future-hinting with 13 and Cap to kill her off, but Maria could die. They've got to kill someone. They tried in Avengers, but apparently it didn't take...
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Since they made Thor a chick, could they kill him off and bring she-Thor back later?

If the rumors of her identity are true (that the new Thor is Frigga) then they already killed her off in Thor: The Dark World.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

If the rumors of her identity are true (that the new Thor is Frigga) then they already killed her off.
Wow, that was quick.
R0GUE
AG
I think he means they killed her off already in the movies. And the identity of female Thor hasn't been confirmed yet, I personally think Frigga is a red herring.
swimmerbabe11
Why does someone have to die?
I don't want any of those people to die!

My little Marvel heart won't be able to take it.
rhutton125
AG
As someone who only watches the movies, "Female Thor" sounds as dumb as it gets. I mean, we all were able to stomach a talking raccoon and tree, but replacing one franchise character with a different-gendered equivalent seems like a stretch.

Just my two cents. Not sure who should die. Love interests all seem like fair bets, but Gweneth Paltrow already had the faux death in IM3. I don't think anyone is particularly attached to Hill - Phil Coulson at least had appeared in all(?) the phase 1 movies. And then Nick Fury already faux-died too.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
As someone who only watches the movies, "Female Thor" sounds as dumb as it gets. I mean, we all were able to stomach a talking raccoon and tree, but replacing one franchise character with a different-gendered equivalent seems like a stretch.

Well, the Female Thor is from the new comics reboot, not just a movie idea.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, the Female Thor is from the new comics reboot, not just a movie idea.

It is certainly not "as dumb as it gets"

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
It is certainly not "as dumb as it gets"

I'd watch the hell out of whatever this is
BigRobSA
Teenage Mutant Frog Thor
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
I think he means they killed her off already in the movies. And the identity of female Thor hasn't been confirmed yet, I personally think Frigga is a red herring.

I don't. Not only was Thor unworthy to wield Mjolnir, Odin was unable to lift it either. In the comic, the unidentified woman lifted Mjolnir AFTER Odin basically dressed down his wife publicly with the "woman, shut up and let the men speak" method.
R0GUE
AG
Yeh but she wouldn't necessarily take on the mantle herself, I think she would pick a champion. My opinion is it's Jane Foster who has been battling cancer, which would make her very worthy of Mjolnir.
wangus12
AG
I think that entire storyline is ****ing stupid. Thor has been around for decades. He is a dude. Get over it. Create another superhero as a woman.
BigRobSA
quote:
I think that entire storyline is ****ing stupid. Thor has been around for decades. He is a dude. Get over it. Create another superhero as a woman.
Bingo!

Or, change the name to "Ther" as mentioned several billion times when it was originally announced in the comics.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
It's just comics guys, they do stuff like this all the time.
rhutton125
AG
I didn't mean it's dumb in general (though, it sort of is). It'd just be extremely far-fetched to do in a movie. Especially Avengers 2 or Thor 3. If this was a scenario like the comics where they made dozens of products and people got tired of man Thor, so the studios decided to mix it up... then sure. Whatever. But She Thor, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman etc can all stay out of the Avengers trilogy.
annie88
AG
Saw the trailer today. Looks good. James Spader as the voice.
wangus12
AG
So after watching the trailer again, I think the chick standing next to Thor in the party scene is Kim Soo-hyun (Claudia Kim) who is the cast with an unknown role.
R0GUE
AG
She-Hulk is one of Marvel's all time best characters though. As is Captain Marvel, who is based off of the male Captain Marvel. I don't see why they can't include these characters, they often have reasonable origin stories.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
She-Hulk is one of Marvel's all time best characters though.
Pretty sure her book just got canceled after 12 issues. Yikes.

quote:
As is Captain Marvel, who is based off of the male Captain Marvel. I don't see why they can't include these characters, they often have reasonable origin stories.

The Carol Danvers version of Captain Marvel is a lock for the next phase, imo. Very good chance to show up in the next Guardians (or at least have her origin set up there) and be one of Cap's new team in Avengers 3.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.