***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,745,255 Views | 16328 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Scotty Flamingo
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
J182
AG
Brock challenges Kofi to a title match on the Fox premiere show. Kofi accepts.
Scotty Flamingo
J-Quob said:

Brock challenges Kofi to a title match on the Fox premiere show. Kofi accepts.
I'm okay with this
Wolfpac 08
AG

zooguy96
Wolfpac 08 said:

That's freaking awesome!!!
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
J182
AG
After his next sack he should hit them with
Goodson
S
Creative missed a bet of having Bray transform within a match (from Bray to Fiend).

Would appeal to both kinds of fans (those who want him to fight off the pull of The Fiend and those who want to see The Fiend unleashed).
Geralt of Rivia
S
It would be close to impossible for him to change his entire outfit in the middle of the ring
Scotty Flamingo
TUE holds all the NXT belts. I'm a huge Roddy Strong fan
Goodson
S
All sorts of ways to do that (they have a long-standing record of taking the house lights fully down for different entrances and appearances). He could even be dressed as half Bray on one side and half Fiend on the other so that all he'd have to add is the mask (a less desirable option, but an option nonetheless).

Bray is a character who could make that sort of internal conflict work.
chris1515
AG
Do y'all ever listen to the Grilling JR podcast?

I've done a lot of driving the last few days and have downloaded and listened to several. Very entertaining listening to Jim Ross and the host Conrad go back and review various old PPVs and hear JR tell endless stories about the talent and matches. Good stuff.

Any other good podcasts on this topic that are worth checking out?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I like all of Conrad's podcasts: Grilling JR, 83 Weeks, What Happened When, and Something to Wrestle With...and he has a new one with Arn Anderson starting next week

STWW is my favorite
Scotty Flamingo
Lapsed fan and Edge and Christian are my favorites.

Will definitely be checking out Arn Anderson's though
Geralt of Rivia
S
Butcher of Blaviken said:

Lapsed fan and Edge and Christian are my favorites.

Will definitely be checking out Arn Anderson's though

The Edge and Christian podcast is really good

I used to like Colt Cabana's podcast until he changed the format
Scotty Flamingo
I just had a horrible thought...Surely WWE isn't planning to put the title on Rey Mysterio just to make the Rollins -Fiend match a non title....right???
Icecream_Ag
S

I just had a horrible thought...Surely WWE isn't planning to put the title on Rey Mysterio just to make the Rollins -Fiend match a non title....right???
I couldn't see Heyman or HHH doing it, but with Vince still in control...

Could also be a last run for one of the few talents still around from the Monday night wars
J182
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

I couldn't see Heyman or HHH doing it, but with Vince still in control...

Could also be a last run for one of the few talents still around from the Monday night wars
I was thinking about this yesterday. I could see Mysterio getting one last one and then have it end with the Fiend destroying another legend to get the title.
Scotty Flamingo
I mean it just seems really odd for Rollins to defend his title right before HIAC. So I thought maybe they think it's too early in the fiend run to put the title on him --- but they still don't want the fiend to lose either.

Idk. Hopefully it doesn't actually happen.
Icecream_Ag
S
Maybe Rollins is hurt and needs time off??? He'll lose the belt to Mysterio and then be injured by the Fiend.
Scotty Flamingo
Dont know if anyone watched NXT tonight...but Keith Lee (aggie) absolutely killed it tonight in the opening match
J182
AG
Scotty Flamingo
Well Edge is leaving E&C

It's just too hard for him now that Beth does commentary for NXT
J182
AG
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/cm-punk-at-fox-studios-this-week-for-a-possible-role-on-wwe-backstage-studio-show/

Quote:

Earlier today, we wrote about how people in WWE believe that CM Punk wants to return to the company and there appears to be a lot of smoke to the fire.

PWInsider cited numerous sources saying that Punk was at FOX Studios in Los Angeles earlier this week for a meeting about a potential on-air role on WWE Backstage, the new studio show that will start on November 5 on Fox Sports 1.
Scotty Flamingo
J-Quob said:

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/cm-punk-at-fox-studios-this-week-for-a-possible-role-on-wwe-backstage-studio-show/

Quote:

Earlier today, we wrote about how people in WWE believe that CM Punk wants to return to the company and there appears to be a lot of smoke to the fire.

PWInsider cited numerous sources saying that Punk was at FOX Studios in Los Angeles earlier this week for a meeting about a potential on-air role on WWE Backstage, the new studio show that will start on November 5 on Fox Sports 1.

I'd be okay with that
Olsen
AG
This week is the biggest (non-Wrestlemania) wrestling week ever.
Scotty Flamingo
Olsen said:

This week is the biggest (non-Wrestlemania) wrestling week ever.
Yep. Here's hoping for the best.
toucan82
Is John Cena coming back?
Olsen
AG
The Rock will be on Smackdown this Friday night.
Scotty Flamingo
Can't believe Brock would do that to Eddie's son.
Olsen
AG
I cried seeing pyro again!
Olsen
AG
That was a good Raw episode tonight!
Icecream_Ag
S

Can't believe Brock would do that to Eddie's son.
I had to run just after that happened, but it looked like Heyman was saying "I can't help you if you do this". On the other hand, he was definitely hamming up the shocked reaction. As much as I hate his advocate character, he's brilliant at it
johnnyblaze36
AG
This is interesting. Rollins beat the Fiend after the show went off the air. Would seem dumb to me to have this huge character build up and have him not take the belt off Rollins at HIAC on Sunday.

Scotty Flamingo
johnnyblaze36 said:

This is interesting. Rollins beat the Fiend after the show went off the air. Would seem dumb to me to have this huge character build up and have him not take the belt off Rollins at HIAC on Sunday.

That guy is wrong.

Other sites are reporting they did the same match as last week, where The Fiend no sold the stomp. The lights go out as he stares him down...and when they come back up, Fiend is gone.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Well that makes a lot more sense. Sorry for the fake news.
First Page Last Page
Page 309 of 467

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.