***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,745,259 Views | 16328 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Scotty Flamingo
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since there seemed to be enough interest on the subject, figured I would go ahead and create an official thread. Talk about anything to do with pro wrestling (WWE, TNA, old days, etc).

As discussed in the other thread...two days away from Raw in Chicago and I am eagerly anticipating CM Punk's return and challenge to the #1 contender spot before Wrestlemania. Batista has not gone over well with the fans and Randy Orton is still not a fan favorite. I can't see two heels going against each other in Wrestlemania's main event. I either see Punk coming back and taking over the #1 contender spot or Daniel Bryan getting a shot finally at the title. Problem is, both of them can't go for it. So who gets the shot once Batista is out?
jrod2181
Resale prices for raw have gone up about 20 bucks since ppl think punk will show up. I read about possible stipulation if link no at WM thy if Bryan beats HHH he advances to title later in the night
Zombie
So what do you think will happen if Punk does show up? How will that play out for WM? Can't have Bryan with the belt and Punk going after it. Although that would be one helluva match. Possibly best of the year
jrod2181
Sorry for misspells earlier. If Punk shows up I believe he will be in Main Event in a 3 way match. I can see this being accomplished through him having to beat Batista one week at Raw then Orton the next week to earn spot.
Zombie
A three way match with Punk, Bryan and Orton would be epic. Two fan faves vs a heel. That could actually work. I'm hoping McMahon thinks the same way you do.
jrod2181
It would be epic but unfortunately the 3 way would be punk Batista orton. The only way I see Bryan in it is if punk does not come back then the scenario of Bryan beating HHH to advance to title later in the night could play out. No way they take Batista out although I wish they would. Punk only coming back if guaranteed to be in main Event. Also I hope lesnar puts in the time with Taker so it is a great match
T Bow
Punks actual contract is up in like July or something so he could have kinda a farewell tour or something if he comes back. I know he wants to retire soon. And don't see him resigning with the wwe
BlackGold
AG
Swanton bomb
Zombie
Word is Jeff Jarrett has a new promotion coming out. Wonder who he has lined up for talent. The draw of TNA is that it is in Florida and people have to come see it. There is little to no traveling involved. Wrestlers can work 2-3 times a week and lead a normal life and go home every night.
T Bow
Soooooooooooooooooo **********spoiler alert I guess***************

Dave Meltzer (famous pro wrestling journalist) says CM Punk will be on raw tomorrow, according to his source within the company. he claims his source is a top name in the business.

End
Zombie
Hope you're right T Bow
dcaggie04
AG
Double J is starting anew promotion with Toby Kieth. Also, TNA still travels alot. They do house shows across the country just like WWE and they just did a european tour this year already.
Wolfpac 08
AG
Hey teebs!

If you're right, the roof will blow right off of that place! Would be epic.

FYI...the end of RAW the other night was greatness! I hate the idea that Lesnar gets a shot at Taker's streak...but that was a great promo!
T Bow
Do you have the WWE Network, Wolfpac?
Texaggie7nine
I'm excited for the Brock vs UT match.

Brock was what got me into WWE after about a 17 year sabbatical from watching wrestling. As a big UFC fan when he went back to WWE I had to watch. I also remember after Brock won one of his UFC matches, the UT was in the audience and asked Brock to come back for 1 match against him in WWE. So I've been looking forward to this matchup for some time.

Zombie
Great article about his possible return on Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1978470-report-cm-punk-to-appear-on-hometown-edition-of-raw
T Bow
here is what texasaggie is talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os
jrod2181
The last few years Takers opponents have trained with him at private facility to have the best match possible which his match usually delivers. I hope that Lesnar is putting in the time with him to deliver a great match.
ATM9000
AG
Undertaker confronted Brock after Velasquez mauled Brock and Lesnar clearly wasn't all there when Undertaker 'challenged' him.
Wolfpac 08
AG
quote:
Do you have the WWE Network, Wolfpac?

Subscribed yesterday! Watched some old-school WCW...pretty awesome! I'm ready to dive into it this week.
Texaggie7nine
Saw this on my FB feed today. Pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4RP57Y7bw

jrod2181
The Network is pretty great. I watched a couple of the Halloween Havoc PPV's but have decided to start from 1990 and watch the WCW PPV's in order. The round table discusions in the "vault" section i believe its called are really fun to watch
Zombie
Way to incite a riot at the beginning of Raw. Don't think I've ever seen a crowd in favor of someone so unanimously
Zombie
Holy Crap. Didn't expect the Usos to get the belts tonight. That was an awesome surprise
Zombie
They aren't wasting any time between matches tonight. Tons of action.
Texaggie7nine
Ya, looks like the entire action plan is to keep the crowd occupied.

I bet they chanted CM Punk for a full hour before filming started.

Zombie
Seth Rollins is a serious bad ass
Zombie
I find it funny how fast the Shield went from heels to heroes.
Zombie
This has easily been one of the best Raws I've seen in a long time. If Punk comes back it will go down as #1
Texaggie7nine
I really doubt Punk is coming on tonight. This is basically WWE giving the go ahead to wrestlers to give PPV type risk moves to keep the crowd from going CM Punk crazy.

[This message has been edited by Texaggie7nine (edited 3/3/2014 8:08p).]
Zombie
What is up with Batistas girlie nose piercing? And no way do they start off the show with Punks intro and NOT have him show up
Texaggie7nine
They own the rights to it. The entire intro to the show with segue to Brock vs UT with the smoothest transition possible and keep the crowd from constantly chanting CM Punk.

Smart move. Let them get it out of their system. Then pelt them with PPV level matches to keep them entertained and distracted from chanting CM Punk.

[This message has been edited by Texaggie7nine (edited 3/3/2014 8:14p).]
Zombie
Something big us going to happen. It's only 9 and the main event is coming. CM Punk is going to interfere somehow with the Bryan vs Batista match
Zombie
I don't think I have ever seen a more energetic crowd. If Punk doesn't show, they may actually have some serious problems on hand when they go off the hair. That crowd is rabid and ready to attack.
T Bow
I still think Punk is there
Last Page
Page 1 of 467

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.