***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,077 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by safety guy
Scotty Flamingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

That's a hell of a card. Plus the B-Block guys will be in tag matches.
toucan82
Raaaaaiiiiiinnnnmaaaaakkkkeeeeerrrrrrrrrr
johnnyblaze36
AG
That had to be the best opening to RAW in years!
Scotty Flamingo
They announced earlier that Moxley won't be in Dallas.
Scotty Flamingo
Tony Khan (President of AEW) was on Stone Cold's podcast. Had some good things to say.
Sports-Ag
AG
Going to my first NXT show this evening.
J182
AG
Jealous.
The NXT shows on the network have been so good. Hopefully a Takeover hits Texas. The crowds for that are always next level.

Have fun and let us know how it was!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Nice! I'll be going tomorrow night
Sports-Ag
AG
So far it's been fun. I don't know why I waited this long to go to a NXT event.

The first fight the ring announcer says the first match is for the North America title and the crowd goes nuts. Then Velveteen Dream comes out and the crowd goes even more nuts. The crowd is chanting Velveteen and he's eating it up. Really hoping Vince doesn't screw him when he goes to the main roster.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I honestly have a bit of a suspicion that HHH has talked Vince out of a call up for him because he thinks it wouldn't go well
Sports-Ag
AG
The main event last night was Adam Cole vs Matt Riddle for the title. That was a great match.

Haven't kept up with NXT in a while so got familiar with some new wrestlers last night.
TRM
AG
Drake Maverick's title reign is over.

Geralt of Rivia
S
Adam Cole vs Keith Lee was the main event tonight. Amazing match!
jrod2181
Matt Hardy creating new gimmick. Always entertaining

Ambres
AG
Stomping ground.. or like some people call it.. a glorify house show.. with championship matches.

Matches for tonight (from Wiki)
Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss
Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Baron Corbin
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Daniel Bryan and Rowan (c) vs. Heavy Machinery (Otis and Tucker)

Matches completed
Pre-Show Match: Drew Gulak defeated Tony Nese (c) and Akira Tozawa

#1 Becky Lynch (c) defeated. Lacey Evans
So far Becky and Lacy blew a spot.. where Lacy stood out of range from Becky back kick from the post.. Becky had to reset the spot and then wait for Evans realize to step forward to take the hit. The last third of that match was a hot mess. I am not sure what they were suppose to be doing but they look like they got lost at one point.

#2 Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn defeated. The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods)
Wow great match. Amazing story telling. For all the issues, in the previous match.. this one is a classic with some great near falls and some awesome spots that were unique.. everything was a full speed and you can tell the 4 men had complete trust in each other. Xavier Woods lifting Big E and slamming him down on Sami was great. This was a five star match.

#3 Ricochet defeated Samoa Joe (c)
Great match with some nice spots but I think it was too soon to give Ricochet the belt. I would have push this rivalry for until Summer Slam .. spend several months setting this up. I am still concern about high flyer because they have a tendency to get injure. "Then again Lars got hurt so their is that...

Sports-Ag
AG
Haven't watched today but Lacey Evans needs to go back to NXT before she hurts someone. She has botched some of her fights. When she fought Charlotte on Raw a few weeks ago she made some mistakes and Charlotte had to clean them up.
Ambres
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Haven't watched today but Lacey Evans needs to go back to NXT before she hurts someone. She has botched some of her fights. When she fought Charlotte on Raw a few weeks ago she made some mistakes and Charlotte had to clean them up.
WWE keeps pushing folks too soon for the title belt. They need to give them time to develop. Paige was the exception and should not be the rule. I say all this .. but at least she is not a Jackie G or Eva Marie level of bad.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Wtf, they put Becky and Samoa Joe on the pre show?
Ambres
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Wtf, they put Becky and Samoa Joe on the pre show?
That was not the preshow .. preshow only had one match.. the 205 match that I really ignore
Geralt of Rivia
S
So they started the main show at 6? I guess I should have checked
Ambres
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

So they started the main show at 6? I guess I should have checked
yea preshow at 5 and 6pm start time... by the way I am really liking Heavy Machinery .. Otis is awesome.
Ambres
AG
Stomping ground.. or like some people call it.. a glorify house show.. with championship matches.

Matches for tonight (from Wiki)

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Baron Corbin

Matches completed

So far Becky and Lacy blew a spot.. where Lacy stood out of range from Becky back kick from the post.. Becky had to reset the spot and then wait for Evans realize to step forward to take the hit. The last third of that match was a hot mess. I am not sure what they were suppose to be doing but they look like they got lost at one point. I love Becky but this match turn into a mess .. 2 stars.

Wow great match. Amazing story telling. For all the issues, in the previous match.. this one is a classic with some great near falls and some awesome spots that were unique.. everything was a full speed and you can tell the 4 men had complete trust in each other. Xavier Woods lifting Big E and slamming him down on Sami was great. This was a five star match.

Great match with some nice spots but I think it was too soon to give Ricochet the belt. I would have push this rivalry for until Summer Slam .. spend several months setting this up. I am still concern about high flyer because they have a tendency to get injure. "Then again Lars got hurt so their is that..3.5 star match.. lots of good spots but no real story..

#4 Daniel Bryan and Rowan (c) defeated Heavy Machinery (Otis and Tucker)..
Another nice match I love the spot of Otis and Tucker passing Bryan to each other in the suplex position and Otis catching Rowan. In fact, Rowan and Otis seem to have great chemistry and I can see them fighting each other in a series of matches. I even love that Tucker kept selling the leg injury through the match. I give this one 4 star match.

#5 Bayley (c) defeated Alexa Bliss
Ok match .. though I didn't see anything special. I like how they are using Nikki Cross. It was ok.. but I miss half the match due to my wife needing help with a few things around the house. 3 stars

#6 Roman Reigns defeated Drew McIntyre
Nice match that was fun to watch and love that Roman finally won and that will work well if they move the story forward and focus Roman back to Shane.. if they keep him feuding with Drew then I don't understand the finish. It doesn't work.. unless the goal is to bury Drew. .. 3.5 star match.

#7 Kofi Kingston (c) defeated Dolph Ziggler
Nice finish with Kofi leaping over Dolph for the win. Great match with two solid performers. I like to see Kofi feud with Drew.. and eventually losing the belt to Drew.. who carries it as a heel for a time. Dolph did a great job in this match. I will give this 3.5 stars .. I think this has been Kofi best match since he won the belt.
maverick2076
The crowd chanting "Please Recycle!" And "Drive a Prius!" During the Daniel Bryan match was hilarious.
Sports-Ag
AG
That was a cool way for Kofi to win. I don't think I've seen that before.
Ambres
AG
1hr and 10mins for one final match.. something tell me that something is going to happen or one of the matches was call very short. Wierd...
Geralt of Rivia
S
Since the main card started at 6, I'm assuming it will be over before 9:30
Geralt of Rivia
S
They Kofi/Ziggler match was awesome
Ambres
AG
Crap i just realized that they keep saying that Becky is Seth girlfriend... and they just brought out Lacey Evans.. I smell a mix gender tag team match in the near future.. Baron and Lacey vs Seth and Becky.. crap I hate those matches cause they rules doesn't make sense.
maverick2076
Yeah, but picking her as the guest red was a good swerve.
Geralt of Rivia
S
The finish will be Becky knocking out Evans, and then she makes her count to 3 while knocked out
Ambres
AG
Wow this has been really entertaining. Good job WWE .. for making me enjoy this PPV.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Glad I was wrong
maverick2076
Becky slapping Seth on the ass and holding the ropes for him was great.
Ambres
AG

Matches completed

So far Becky and Lacy blew a spot.. where Lacy stood out of range from Becky back kick from the post.. Becky had to reset the spot and then wait for Evans realize to step forward to take the hit. The last third of that match was a hot mess. I am not sure what they were suppose to be doing but they look like they got lost at one point. I love Becky but this match turn into a mess .. 2 stars.

Great match with some nice spots but I think it was too soon to give Ricochet the belt. I would have push this rivalry for until Summer Slam .. spend several months setting this up. I am still concern about high flyer because they have a tendency to get injure. "Then again Lars got hurt so their is that..3.5 star match.. lots of good spots but no real story..

#4 Daniel Bryan and Rowan (c) defeated Heavy Machinery (Otis and Tucker)..
Another nice match I love the spot of Otis and Tucker passing Bryan to each other in the suplex position and Otis catching Rowan. In fact, Rowan and Otis seem to have great chemistry and I can see them fighting each other in a series of matches. I even love that Tucker kept selling the leg injury through the match. I give this one 4 star match.

#5 Bayley (c) defeated Alexa Bliss
Ok match .. though I didn't see anything special. I like how they are using Nikki Cross. It was ok.. but I miss half the match due to my wife needing help with a few things around the house. 3 stars

#6 Roman Reigns defeated Drew McIntyre
Nice match that was fun to watch and love that Roman finally won and that will work well if they move the story forward and focus Roman back to Shane.. if they keep him feuding with Drew then I don't understand the finish. It doesn't work.. unless the goal is to bury Drew. .. 3.5 star match.

#7 Kofi Kingston (c) defeated Dolph Ziggler
Nice finish with Kofi leaping over Dolph for the win. Great match with two solid performers. I like to see Kofi feud with Drew.. and eventually losing the belt to Drew.. who carries it as a heel for a time. Dolph did a great job in this match. I will give this 3.5 stars .. I think this has been Kofi best match since he won the belt.

#8 Seth Rollins (c) defeated. Baron Corbin
Well I hate to admit it but this was an amazing match. It was my favorite match due to the Swerve.. I didn't see Evans being the guest referee.. I thought it was going to be Brock w/ the briefcase at ringside. I was invested into the match and really enjoy what I watch. Remove the swerve and this was still a great match with a lot of great spots and even better.. the counters were amazing. 5 star match

Overall it was a good PPV that provided a great finish. I am disappointed that Brock and Paul didn't participate but overall this PPV had some great matches. After this PPV, I want to see Rowan vs Otis .. I think those two can really work a great match. Additionally, I finally see Baron as a legit heel.. up to now .. he was an annoyance that I really had no heat. He just was there .. Overall a much better PPV then I expected.
Not a Bot
AG
Gosh darn it Alexa Bliss is so flipping attractive in every way. Just wanted to point that out to everyone in case you didn't know.

I actually like these 365 documentaries, I think this is the first one I watched. Seems like she's pretty down to earth.
First Page Last Page
Page 294 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.