***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,766,901 Views | 16570 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by dcaggie04
Scotty Flamingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AEW! AEW! AEW!
maverick2076
Best PPV in months and they go and ruin the end. ****ing Vince.
bigcat22
AG
Scotty Flamingo
Oh hell yeah!

Geralt of Rivia
S
Looks like Not T Bow just has his own G1 Climax
Scotty Flamingo
Always liked Liger back when he made his wcw appearances
Geralt of Rivia
S
Whoa whoa whoa...don't get so defensive. It's none of my business who you have your G1 Climax over
Scotty Flamingo
Gonna listen to this on repeated now, Fake Witcher.

Bunk Moreland
World: "wow the ending to GoT was so bad."

WWE: "hold my beer"
J182
AG
Well...that was definitely an unexpected ending.
Scotty Flamingo
Bunk Moreland said:

World: "wow the ending to GoT was so bad."

WWE: "hold my beer"

Hahahahahaha
Geralt of Rivia
S
I enjoyed the GoT ending *shrugs*
johnnyblaze36
AG
maverick2076 said:

Best PPV in months and they go and ruin the end. ****ing Vince.
Just finished it and had very little interest going in and thought it was a surprisingly good show.

The women's program was solid creative imo.

Seth vs AJ was fantastic.

I don't get why the crowd was so lame for Kofi vs KO. It's like they already forgot about how sweet the Kofi push towards Mania was and didn't even care about the match.

I didn't mind the MITB ending. I get nobody wants Brock but I certainly didn't see that coming.

And now Becky comes on in a 24 doc wearing the sweetest PEARL JAM snow cap I've ever seen and now I officially love the Man.
johnnyblaze36
AG
On a Becky related side note, Big E has to be the funniest guy on twitter and in wrestling history.

maverick2076
I think the reason the crowd was flat for Kofi and KO was that it followed a match of the Year contender, which had the crowd rocking, and then that Lars Sullivan idiocy, which sucked the life out of the building.

The men's MITB match itself was great, and probably the best one in years. Having Lesnar run in at the end is a slap in the face to the guys who worked their asses off in the ring. Plus, giving it to Lesnar really runs against what MITB is supposed to be: a chance to push new talent. Ricochet, Ali, or Andrade: one of those three should have walked out with the briefcase. If they wanted to give it to a seasoned guy, Orton would've been a better choice. They could've gotten a lot out of Randy randomly showing up on shows, hitting RKOs, and never knowing when he was going to cash in.
Geralt of Rivia
S
J182
AG
Maybe it's just me, but the overall D Baggery coming from AEW guys is kind of off putting. It's like every other sentence out of their mouths is about WWE. I'd rather they just focus on making AEW good/great.
Bunk Moreland
J-Quob said:

Maybe it's just me, but the overall D Baggery coming from AEW guys is kind of off putting. It's like every other sentence out of their mouths is about WWE. I'd rather they just focus on making AEW good/great.

WWE had someone **** on AEW during a speech at their HOF ceremony. Whether we like it or not, both sides are preparing for more of this so I guess we'll just have to deal.
bigcat22
AG
Looking back on things this morning its like WWE did its best to crap on a PPV that had some really good matches on it. Most every match was highly entertaining and shows just how deep the roster is. Now lets look at the actual booking of the show:
  • Brock finish
  • Daniel Bryan (who was champion at Wrestlemania just a few short months ago) on the pre-show
  • After all the hype of having a women's tag division, no womens tag match
  • Lars Sullivan segment where he squashes the Lucha House Party (was this really the best choice of tag team for him to squash after all his racist remarks getting so much press lately)
  • Lastly, all the referee botches

maverick2076
I honestly thought they were going to make the referee botches part of some sort of storyline, because the announcers made such a big deal out of them.
J182
AG
Scotty Flamingo
I've seen some speculation that it will be a championship to play off the Wildcard Rule, so that tweet makes sense.
toucan82
Unpopular Attitude Era opinion incoming:

I didn't like the 24/7 rule for the hardcore title
Scotty Flamingo
toucan82 said:

Unpopular Attitude Era opinion incoming:

I didn't like the 24/7 rule for the hardcore title
You mean to tell me that you didn't like when the Head Bangers attacked Crash Holly at Fun Time USA!?
bigcat22
AG
Don't know why, but something about Bliss drinking her coffee ringside during that match was hilarious to me
TRM
AG
24/7 championship? Horrible name. Make it a TV championship.
maverick2076
Bad name, ugly belt. They need to establish some sort of rules around that belt or it is going to get really stupid really fast.
toucan82
So it's the hardcore title without guys getting hit with garbage cans and cookie sheets?
Sports-Ag
AG
maverick2076 said:

Bad name, ugly belt. They need to establish some sort of rules around that belt or it is going to get really stupid really fast.

It already has and the show hasn't even ended yet.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I kept thinking Rollins was going to use the chair on Kofi to give Brock an easy cash in
Sports-Ag
AG
Was thinking the same thing but Brock wouldn't go to Smackdown.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Smackdown is where he originally became a super huge name. I would think he would rather be there once it moves to Fox
Sports-Ag
AG
True but Smackdown is not moving to FOX until the fall season. If it was around that time I would believe it more.
Cloud
I'm sorry, but the 24/7 title bits were entertaining af
J182
AG
If they don't do a sleeping victory, then I will be disappointed.

First Page Last Page
Page 288 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.