***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,303 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by safety guy
Street_Cred_Norm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waa smackdown on tonight? My DVR didn't record it.
aTmLoKi
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

Waa smackdown on tonight? My DVR didn't record it.
Yeah. A friend of mine said the same thing.
Scotty Flamingo
So Drew Gulak is freaking killing it with his new gimmick. Did not see that one coming.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Don't know who that is but what's the gimmick?
permabull
AG
Scotty Flamingo
MATT HARDY IS BROKEN
Scotty Flamingo
permabull
AG
permabull
AG
aTmLoKi
AG
hypeiv said:

Ford is suing John Cena

https://jalopnik.com/john-cena-is-being-sued-by-ford-for-reselling-his-new-f-1820913011
I'm sure this is just kayfabe and a way for them to promote a new feud with Edge.
permabull
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
Buy tickets to both, and sell the tickets to the show you don't wanna go to?
permabull
AG
toucan82
So how long until they stop with this cruiserweight stuff? This crowd is less than enthused
Scotty Flamingo
I'm all in on this Omega vs Jericho match. I'd love to watch it, but I have no idea how to watch NJPW. Anyone know if they have a streaming service or something? And is commentary in English?
dcaggie04
AG
Nathan Summers said:

I'm all in on this Omega vs Jericho match. I'd love to watch it, but I have no idea how to watch NJPW. Anyone know if they have a streaming service or something? And is commentary in English?
The stream all the big events on NJPW site (www.njpwworld.com). You can pay about $7.50 a month and stream everything they have. Remember that WK12 will start at like 3 or 4 in the morning here.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think you may be able to watch it through the FiteTV app. I've recently started watching ROH on it for free, and I think they carry PPVs also
Bunk Moreland
if you can avoid spoilers, AXS TV will air the entire program on Jan 6.
Iowaggie
AG
Facebook has signed a deal with the WWE that sounds like it shows tournament-type matches after SmackDown ends.
(Link)
Facebook has secured exclusive rights to a live weekly show from WWE, "Mixed Match Challenge." The 12-episode series is designed as a single-elimination, tag-team tournament pitting male and female stars from its Raw and SmackDown Live rosters and will let fans get in on the action by voting on certain elements of the matches.

The show will stream live in the U.S. exclusively on Facebook's Watch platform on Tuesday nights, starting Jan. 16 at 10 p.m. ET, following "SmackDown Live" on USA Network.

Edited to add: Mixed Matches suck.

Comments on why it is a big deal
bigcat22
AG
I saw a random ad on Instagram yesterday hyping a "fake" match between Nia Jax and Braun Stroman. This must be what it was referring to. Interesting to see how it plays out.
dcaggie04
AG
bigcat22 said:

I saw a random ad on Instagram yesterday hyping a "fake" match between Nia Jax and Braun Stroman. This must be what it was referring to. Interesting to see how it plays out.
This wouldn't be that since this is basically a mixed tag tournament. One of the wrestling shows I listen to on satellite radio (busted open) was talking about this yesterday. Could possibly see teams like Nia Jax/Enzo, Naomi/the Uso married to her, Bayley/Finn Balor, Lana/Rusev, etc. This series wouldn't affect the storylines on the main programs.
permabull
AG
Mr. Peterman
[Banned. -Staff]
Bunk Moreland

[Ban for quoting inappropriate content. -Staff]
permabull
AG
permabull
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
So, seriously...who the hell is that dude/chick with the long hair that is always in the front row at big events?!?

I saw him/her at NXT San Antonio last year but didn't ask
Bunk Moreland
Him and his creepy mom are at all the major events as well as the guy with the green shirt and goatee usually next to them.

A dude in a soccer jersey is also there a lot. I asked this earlier on in my posting on the thread as I began to watch wrestling but no one really knew his deal.
Scotty Flamingo
What did mr peterman post?

Also curious to see what's next for AJ.

Also they really seemed to tease a Bryan-McMahon match last night
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think he said that he wanted to do glorious things to Carmella
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I remember thinking there's no way staff stands for that.
bigcat22
AG
So a women's royal rumble huh? Could be kinda cool if some old stars (ie Trish) make an appearance.
Goodson
S
It's amazing how the WWE has relegated two of its better attractions and ring performers to undercard matches against nobodies (i.e., Balor and Nakamura).

Geralt of Rivia
S
I read somewhere a few weeks back that, even though Vince likes The Demon, he is starting to view Balor kind of like another version of Ziggler
chris1515
AG
It feels like they've built up so many stars that they don't have enough good storylines and feuds to go around.
First Page Last Page
Page 212 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.