***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,205 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by safety guy
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw Luke Gallows at the Atlanta Airport yesterday. Took me a while to realize who he was. Looked like he was coming home (verified by my buddy who said he lives in the area) the morning after Raw.

He totally caught me staring because I couldn't piece it together, and always get him and Anderson's name mixed up. I'm also too much of a noob to have thought to do the too sweet.

Cool starry bra and all.
Redstone
AG
I've seen Greg the Hammer Valentine in an airport, which - depending upon how his career advances, but still - is very likely to remain the superior sighting in an aviation setting.
dcaggie04
AG
I've been on flights out of Jackson, MS with Ted DiBiase. He actually lives just out side of Jackson.
Legal Custodian
AG
That Usos/New Day championship match was great! New Day Won!

Apparently Raw was pretty decent last night. I saw the new Cena/Reigns promo on r/sc
Legal Custodian
AG
Also, the chairman will show up to address the "future of smackdown".
Legal Custodian
AG
Sorry guys, commenting a lot.

Dolph Ziggler is parodying all the "elaborate" entrances saying that's all fans want anymore. He came out to his normal music, but went backstage and came out to Bayley's entrance, and then went back again and came out again to the Ultimate Warrior. Then said in the ring he was the best ever in the ring.

Great idea, but not the best execution. I'm not sure anyone could pull that whole thing off except for maybe Punk.
Geralt of Rivia
S
You have to think there is more of an end game in mind for Dolph

Of course, I thought The Fashion Files would have paid off by now
Geralt of Rivia
S
Jeez WWE referees are worthless!
permabull
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
Yup, major props to the Chairman for taking a headbutt and much more. Bleeding from the forehead. The only thing to make it better would be for KO to just way lay into him rather than just a few moves. But completely understand for him not taking it seeing as he's 70 years old.
Scotty Flamingo
Bobby Heenan has died
Wolfpac 08
AG
Damn. The Brain was the greatest heel manager of all time. Even above Heyman.

And funny. The commentary he did with Gorilla Monsoon in the early 90s was gold.

RIP Brain.
Geralt of Rivia
S
My first exposure to Heenan was as the WCW color guy and I thought he was hilarious. I watched his old manger work later on

RIP
bigcat22
AG
Paige has been working out at the performance center recently. Any possible chance she makes a comeback
maverick2076
Since WWE is posting about it on their FB page, I'd say yes.
Iowaggie
AG
Heenan was an outstanding promoter and manager.

The card was headlined by The Crusher vs. Jerry Blackwell in a ''Lights Out'' match, with Gagne vs. Heenan in a special main event. And it read right there on the official lineup of matches, "Loser Must Wear Weasel Suit.''

My late, great friend Dark Star, a Twins devotee, always claimed that those victorious Game 7s in the 1987 and 1991 World Series were tied for second as the greatest sports events that he had witnessed.

Number one? "The Weasel Suit match in St. Paul,'' the Dark Man would say.
"That was about as wound up as any wrestling crowd I've seen in Minnesota,'' Gagne said. "When I pinned him, Wally brought out the weasel suit, and the whole crowd was chanting 'Weasel, Weasel,' and then Heenan wouldn't put it on, of course.''

So, Greg did what the Gagnes always did to put away a reluctant opponent: He put the sleeper hold on Heenan, and splat went Bobby the Brain, out in the middle of the ring.

Gagne and the referee tugged and pulled which looked more like a pink rabbit suit than a weasel and finally had the suit on Heenan. Then, Greg slapped him awake, and Heenan stumbled to his feet, and saw that his hands were paws, and he had a tail, and his staggering across the ring, taking futile swings, was wrestling pantomime at its best.

"Stephanie McMahon [WWE executive] called me last night, and said she had just got done watching the weasel suit match,'' Gagne said. "She told me it was one of the greatest wrestling moments of all-time.''

http://www.startribune.com/bobby-heenan-a-self-taught-genius-who-became-awa-s-wonderful-weasel/445415413/
permabull
AG
Scotty Flamingo
Elias is becoming one of my favorite heels. Hopefully he feuds for the intercontinental title soon

Edit: remembered the IC title was on raw
Bunk Moreland
Big fan of Elias.

Hoping tonight will have some good matches
Geralt of Rivia
S
I was always surprised that Elias was never more than an enhancement guy for the upper tier roster on NXT
Geralt of Rivia
S
So the point of continuing the Bray/Finn feud was to prove that Finn could win when he wasn't the demon?!?
Bunk Moreland
Another ppv loss for Bray? Color me shocked.

Wtf is the company doing with his bookings? He has no credit or respect for anything mythical because he's virtually a sure fire loser on every storyline
Scotty Flamingo
Well Cesaros two front teeth were knocked out
Bunk Moreland
Damn Cesaro overshot that turnbuckle so bad. But it added some blood so I'm for it.
Scotty Flamingo
Damn Alexa is beautiful
Dan Scott
AG
Great PPV so far and not even to the double main event
chris1515
AG
I'm not a Bray fan (think he's a great in ring worker, I just don't like his look/angle)...BUT...the dude deserves some better ppv booking for sure.

I hope he's done with Balor now and can move on to something more engaging IMO.
maverick2076
I wish Vince would get it through his head that it doesn't matter who Roman beats, he isn't getting over with the crowd. Reigns is garbage.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Reigns just needs a heel run like The Rock before he's a crowd favorite. He's a good worker, but still has work to do on the mic
chris1515
AG
Is Cena retiring or taking some time off? His exit from the ring had a definite element of "farewell" to it IMO.
Bunk Moreland
That's what me and my buddy said. A few random tweets were saying "see you at royal rumble" so maybe he gets a long break
Scotty Flamingo
Chris, he''s taking off to film transformers I believe.
permabull
AG
toucan82
is he the new optimus prime?
Scotty Flamingo
Was not expecting that
First Page Last Page
Page 206 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.