***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,768,386 Views | 16572 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Sex Panther
maverick2076
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm pretty positive it was planned. Either way it was awesome. They haven't done the collapsing ring in a long time.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Yeah, I'm sure it was planned. They kept going to the same turnbuckle when they would do anything off the mat, and that turnbuckle didn't collapse with the rest of the ring.
Iowaggie
AG
My favorite thing to watch in the video is referee John Cone.

OCEN99
AG
Yep, totally planned. You'll notice the apron LED screens are missing for the match.
pancho17
AG
The build for Braun/Roman at Payback would be a lot better if Roman didn't already beat him clean. Was a hell of a match though so maybe they'll deliver again.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've seen a rumor that Braun is the next opponent for Brock, so I'm starting to think he either doesn't fight Roman at Payback, or he destroys him all over again
Geralt of Rivia
S
Another monster to keep an eye out for in the future is Dylan Miley in NXT. He apparently used to tag with Braun when they were both first starting there, and he caught the eye of Brock a couple of years ago so Brock has made special trips to Orlando to train with him.

Scotty Flamingo
Damn. I've never seen him before....

Just saw Rosey (Romans brother) died.

I always liked 3 minute warning with him and Umaga.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Miley was on an episode of NXT a week or two ago. I think I had seen him on another episode a few months back, also.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Nathan Summers said:

Just saw Rosey (Romans brother) died.

I always liked 3 minute warning with him and Umaga.
Damn, another one dies way too young
Geralt of Rivia
S
If Rowan wins this six pack challenge then I don't know what I'll say. He has the highest odds besides Dolph Ziggler
The Shank Ag
I wish they'd start giving Sami zayn a big push. Always entertaining
maverick2076
I want to punch Sami Zayn every time he makes his "surprised" face. He looks like Jean Claude Van Damm in Bloodsport when he gets the powder in his eyes.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Jinder Mahal is the #1 contender! **** yeah!!
maverick2076
Does Jinder Mahal have pics of Triple H blowing Vince or something? Because I can't see any other reason why they would be pushing his worthless ass.
OCEN99
AG
Guess it's up to Randy to hinder the Jinder now.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Who would you have had win? Only other person could have been Harper
maverick2076
Literally anyone else in that ring would've been better.
The Shank Ag
Wade Winston Wilson said:

Who would you have had win? Only other person could have been Harper

Zayn
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I don't have a problem with them making mahal less worthless. They need to build the roster up.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Unless you have Orton or Zayn/Harper/Rawley turn heel then it's tough to do a face/face feud
Geralt of Rivia
S
Jimmy McNulty said:

I don't have a problem with them making mahal less worthless. They need to build the roster up.

This is pretty much my thinking, plus nobody thought it would happen.

Then you have the Bollywood Boys debuting as his potential cronies, so that should be fun
Geralt of Rivia
S
So "The Shining Stars" are now "The Colons"...probably a good move, and maybe Carlito can come back now
maverick2076
Yeah, but Orrin isn't really a face. He only looks like one because he tangled with Bray.

I wouldn't mind them pushing Mahal if he had done anything worth pushing. But he has no in ring presence or charisma. The "foreigners get no respect" schtick is lame, and the tendency to turn any foreign wrestler into some caricature is annoying.

Plus, there's no way this becomes a real feud. It's just someone for Orrin to squash between now and someone becoming an actual contender.
Geralt of Rivia
S
You've gotta start somewhere, and I think that an out of nowhere win (with the help of the Bollywood Boys) will do more for him than a slow buildup vs all of the midcard faces. I agree that there's no way he wins the title, but it at least catapults him to the midcard/upper midcard for a little bit
permabull
AG
Scotty Flamingo
I'll give Jinder a chance, he got some really good heat. So pissed Harper lost tho
pancho17
AG
Sudden push of Jinder is making me think back to when Muhammad Hassan was getting a pretty big push as a heel back in '05. Will be interesting to hear Jinder on the mic in the next few weeks to see how Vince wants his character to develop.
The Shank Ag
In before mahal being a heel is seen somehow as racist by the left
permabull
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
hypeiv said:

It is going to be awkward promoting Jinder vs Bray if Orton loses at payback

If Bray somehow wins, I would think that would invalidate Jinder's win. Raw then would have their own number #1 contender.
Scotty Flamingo
hypeiv said:

It is going to be awkward promoting Jinder vs Bray if Orton loses at payback

Bray vs. Orton isn't for the belt.
permabull
AG
Scotty Flamingo
It was never announced it was for the belt I'm pretty sure.

All the promos and stuff don't have it as a WWE championship match.
Geralt of Rivia
S
It was originally announced as Bray getting his championship rematch, but that was before the superstar shakeup.

I haven't paid close enough attention the last week or two as to whether they were still advertising it as a title match or not. I just assumed it was
First Page Last Page
Page 191 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.