***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,745,369 Views | 16328 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Scotty Flamingo
Mr.KyleReed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quotes from linked article

quote:
"Smackdown," which moved to the NBCUniversal-owned outlet from sister Syfy in January, will be broadcast live for two hours every week starting Tuesday, July 19, from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., resulting in five hours of live WWE programming on the network each week
quote:
The debut of a live "Smackdown" comes as two of the WWE's biggest attractions, John Cena and Seth Rollins, are returning to competition from injuries. And the company is expected to create strong points of differentiation between "Smackdown" and USA's other live program, "Monday Night Raw," according to the WWE. A draft will be held before the "Smackdown" launch date to determine which wrestlers on the company's talent roster will be assigned to which program. Each show is expected to feature separate cast, plots and writing teams.
Dan Scott
AG
Brand split sucks.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I might have to start watching Smackdown again when they move go live. I don't think I've seen more than a couple of episodes since college.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I'm interested to hear/see Mauro Ranallo and Jerry Lawler again. Also interested to see if the writing/stories are any better.
Scotty Flamingo
****ing finally. I may have to start watching smack down again
Mr.KyleReed
AG
this makes me curious about wwe 2k17
Scotty Flamingo
Doesn't TNA air Tuesday nights?

Tuesday Night Wars?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-planning-two-world-champions-for-brand-split-report

quote:
According to The Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer, details are hard to come by as many of the important decisions regarding the split haven't even been made by WWE's higher-ups yet. Meltzer has revealed, though, that as per numerous sources in the company, WWE is currently planning on having two world champions for the two separate brands.
quote:
The brand split will also have an incredible impact on the industry as a whole, as WWE will be looking to create two separate large rosters without stripping NXT of its talent (and thereby, its ability to draw on the road).

Meltzer is reporting that WWE will be taking a close look at talent from Japan, TNA, ROH, and Mexico, and that now more than ever, the old rules for recruiting talent when it comes to size and look no longer apply.
Legal Custodian
AG
quote:
http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-planning-two-world-champions-for-brand-split-report

quote:
According to The Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer, details are hard to come by as many of the important decisions regarding the split haven't even been made by WWE's higher-ups yet. Meltzer has revealed, though, that as per numerous sources in the company, WWE is currently planning on having two world champions for the two separate brands.
quote:
The brand split will also have an incredible impact on the industry as a whole, as WWE will be looking to create two separate large rosters without stripping NXT of its talent (and thereby, its ability to draw on the road).

Meltzer is reporting that WWE will be taking a close look at talent from Japan, TNA, ROH, and Mexico, and that now more than ever, the old rules for recruiting talent when it comes to size and look no longer apply.

How much raiding will they honestly have to do? All they have to do is wait for everyone to comeback from injury and they could split from there. Maybe call up a few from NXT (Balor, Samoa Joe, Nakamura)? And then backfill from the others, but I dont' think they'll need many.

Will be curious to see how this all shakes out. I'm not sure if I like having a completely clean split. Surely there would be some bleeding through company lines, right?
Scotty Flamingo
Not a fan of having two champions...hope that's not true
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Me either but I always like seeing the belt designs they come up with.
bigcat22
AG
Interesting tweet from Triple H.

aTmLoKi
AG
I am very happy that the brands are going to split, and think this will make the product a lot fresher. Moreover, the amount of talent they have right now is ridiculous, and this will give them more of an opportunity to shine.

However, can we just call this the "Roman Reigns Bland Split", as this becomes an easier way to make him their top guy on one of the brands and it be more appealing/accepted vs. trying to compete against anyone (and everyone) else?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Roman - Raw Champion
Cena - Smackdown Champion

That's the general agreement right?

And they should split up Zayn and Ownes, one costing the other the belts they're going after at ppv's, building up big matches at the big 4 ppv's
Bunk Moreland
Not knowing all the old feuds or whatever, I just split this up pretty quickly for a bunch of names.

Raw:

Reigns
Rollins
Ambrose
Owens
Corbin
Sheamus
Cesaro
Ryder
Kalisto

Charlotte
Sasha
Dana
Eva Marie
Naomi

Smackdown:

Cena
Bray
Styles
Zayn
Rusev
Miz
Crews
Balor
Breeze

Natalya
Bayley
Paige
Becky
Emma
Lana(if she fights, but she'll be on whatever side Rusev goes to)
Geralt of Rivia
S
I wonder if they will have the draft lottery again like they did back in the day. I always enjoyed that more than I probably should have.

I'll look at the roster in a few minutes and see what I would do for a split.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Raw is also going to need a few more people, since it will still be 3 hours, and Smackdown at 2
OCEN99
AG
quote:
I wonder if they will have the draft lottery again like they did back in the day. I always enjoyed that more than I probably should have.

I'll look at the roster in a few minutes and see what I would do for a split.
Looks like it.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
This was last night. Please Please Please

Scotty Flamingo
quote:
This was last night. Please Please Please

God yes
aTmLoKi
AG
What are everyone's thoughts on the cryptic "Hatch" tweets from WWE?

Something having to do with the brand split? Old belt? Hurley from Lost?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Gobbledy Gooker is making his return
Wolfpac 08
AG
quote:
Gobbledy Gooker is making his return

My first thought
jrod2181
Sister Abigail
aggie4231
AG
Dang it, I wanted to see Steph shake that booty and drop it low. Her legs tonight are on point.
aTmLoKi
AG
So, was that first segment running long or what? What just happened?
Geralt of Rivia
S
No clue, seemed a bit clunky...but it could have been worse
aTmLoKi
AG
The timing of the show seems off right now. Three major commercial spots so far...

Do they not have enough filler for the 3 hours?
Geralt of Rivia
S
With the amount of replays that just happened that they show, you'd think they have enough filler for 4 hours
aTmLoKi
AG
Triple W....up for a drinking game?

Every time they go to commercial, take a drink.
Every time JBL says "Byron", take a drink.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm not up for any drinking game that makes me drink slower than I currently am
Gigem Trevas
Did Cena come back tonight??
Geralt of Rivia
S
You'll need to watch to find out

So nobody say anything about Cena on this thread
aTmLoKi
AG
LET'S GO CENA!
Geralt of Rivia
S
CENA SUCKS
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 467

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.