***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,929 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by safety guy
ShawnTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alex Riley early on got me interested , his music n style was enough to draw me in. But I agree on all counts on the others
Geralt of Rivia
S
The only reason I wish Zeb wouldn't have been let go is that there are so few full time managers now. If they had a couple of good ones then I think it could really help some of the guys that may not be the best on the mic
ShawnTxAg
AG
You're dead on www. The managers really use to add something to the show, now......not so much if not, not at all, minus Pauling course
ShawnTxAg
AG
Dp
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't know if you ever watched any Ring of Honor, but I watched it last summer (and went to one of their shows in San Antonio last September) and Truth Martini is an awesome throwback heel manager. I thought he was really entertaining, and he was willing to take some bumps since apparently he is an ex wrestler who had to quit that because of injuries
ShawnTxAg
AG
Never seen ROH but I'm about ready to start following the minor leagues , they almost seem better
Scotty Flamingo
Ahhh great to be back from banned camp!
Geralt of Rivia
S
go back to where you came from!
Wolfpac 08
AG
Tbow
ShawnTxAg
AG
Don't be an assh*#@ and you won't be banned!!
The Shank Ag
Stephanie with a slow face turn or setting up a betrayal?
Geralt of Rivia
S
That's a good question
Geralt of Rivia
S
We've already had the Corbin/Dolph match too many times since WM. It needs to be done with
Legal Custodian
AG
quote:
Stephanie with a slow face turn or setting up a betrayal?
Can't tell, but I'm liking the storyline though
Geralt of Rivia
S
Lana
maverick2076
This **** is getting old. Reigns can't wrestle, Styles is a dewsh, and they both have the same finishing move.
Scotty Flamingo
I was sad Cass vs Y2j didn't actually happen
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
I was sad Cass vs Y2j didn't actually happen
Is Cass going to get a singles push now while we wait for Enzo to get back?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I read that Vince is really high on him, so it could happen. I think they will keep them together as a tag for a while once Enzo comes back. If they do give him a push, then I hope that Enzo will be his manager.
maverick2076
quote:
I read that Vince is really high on him, so it could happen. I think they will keep them together as a tag for a while once Enzo comes back. If they do give him a push, then I hope that Enzo will be his manager.

I hope so too. They work really well together, the crowd loves them, and they are just plain fun.
80s Guy
Question for you die hard fans. I watched about 90 minutes a couple of weeks ago for the first time in over a decade and I was rather puzzled with what I saw.

I have read several things about this being the PG era and the WWE desperately trying to find an identity, but what I saw was so forced and contrived it was painful. Even when WCW was kicking Vince's ass, there at least seemed to be a plan. It may have been a poor plan with bad characters but at least it was a plan.

The faces seem to be beyond goody goody and the heels are terrible. The only ones that are even the slightest bit entertaining are a few of the anti-hero's. Where's the new DX or 4 Horseman/Evolution? Who's got the stones to be the next Stone Cold or HBK?

They have to hope the next Hulk Hogan/Rock comes along soon or it's gonna get ugly....
Geralt of Rivia
S
IMO, all of the promos are overly scripted. Part of what made the Attitude Era great is that the guys were allowed to be themselves and were just told to hit on a few key points. That isn't the case anymore, based on what I've gathered from listening to podcasts and reading various articles. Most of the promos are fully scripted, so they have to memorize the lines. It tends to show a lot of times when you have guys bumbling over words once or twice per promo. They are worrying about remembering their lines and can't be natural.

From what I understand, there are a few exceptions to the heavy scripting (New Day, Enzo Amore, Bray Wyatt, and John Cena I think are some of them) but there aren't many. Dean Ambrose does awesome with the crap that he seems to be given a lot of weeks.

I've seen Enzo and Big Cass be compared to HBK/Diesel when they were together back in the day.

It's actually gotten quite a bit better the last few weeks than it was for months before WM (to me, anyway)
80s Guy
And you managed to pick out the few of the decent acts I saw. Enzo and Cass could be interesting but need to expand the catch phrases a little more. The New Day could be awesome if they would take all the filters off of them.

What made me shake my head is the lack of talent development. They are still relying on way too many old guys. The Dudley's and Jericho are still getting that much screen time? Waiting for the Sandman or Val Venis to run in on a random match
Geralt of Rivia
S
Enzo and Cass just got called up to the main roster the night after WM, so they will be evolving some I think. I doubt that they will go away from the *SAWFT* catch phrase, but thats just what I think.

New Day has come a LONG way from when they first debuted last year. I'm sure there are some YouTube clips of them soon after they debuted, but they are definitely one of the highlights for me every week. Their segment with The Rock a few months ago was awesome.

I'm a huge Bray Wyatt fan, also (as everybody on this thread knows) and I think he has a huge upside if they finally decide to give him a push instead of castrating him at the end of every feud. He should be back from his calf injury in a couple of weeks and seemed like he was about to make a face turn.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Here is The New Day and The Rock

Bray Wyatt's Miss Teacher Lady promo from a couple of years ago
ShawnTxAg
AG
Bray seems light years ahead of the rest of the talent at times. Overall he has extremely good ring presence, mic skills and gets completely lost in his character. Simply put he can sell the **** outta his character. Enzo and Cass need to stay together, bc Cass is still very rough and under developed on the Mic, but cass is a natural on the Mic. With Rollins, RKO, Cena and Wyatt coming back this in the next few months and all the young talent getting called up, i foresee some very interesting things happening.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Agreed about Cass. I've noticed that when he isn't doing his catch phrases, he seems to be speaking really slow. I assume that may be so he doesn't slip up on whatever he is supposed to say.

It will get really interesting when everybody comes back from injury. I haven't been a big Cena fan since he was doing the rapper gimmick, but I would welcome him back right now. I just hope they put him in the right feuds, since I don't think he really needs to be holding a title to make an impact.

I've never really been an Orton fan, but he is light years ahead of where he was 10-12 years ago. It all depends on what they do with him also, because they need to have him feud with some new people to freshen things up with him.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I feel like Kalisto will hold the us title until Cena comes back. Which is why they didn't give it to Ryback (that and all the vocal displeasure of his place in the company) and give him a run with it.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think they might give it to Rusev and do the whole Cena/Rusev feud for the US title again
The Shank Ag
I think Cass is trying to play up a NY/Jersey accent and it's slowing him down.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I haven't watched raw since Payback, but via YouTube I did notice Rusev was in a match with Sin Cara, and Kalisto interfered. Could be. I mean hell WM31 he rode on a tank to the ring, WM32 he's walking with Sheamus and co.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Rusev won a US title #1 contender battle royale last week, so he is getting a shot at Extreme Rules
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
I think Cass is trying to play up a NY/Jersey accent and it's slowing him down.
That could be what it is
ShawnTxAg
AG
I wouldn't say he is playing it up, he was born in Queens
The Shank Ag
I was born and raised in the metroplex but if I tried to have an over the top Texas accent it would sound off too
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.