Netflix - House of Cards

12,404 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
start a thread for each episode maybe?
redd38
AG
quote:
The ring question is answered in ep 8.

I wish we could figure out a way to discuss the show without spoiling the chit out of it. Ep 6 had some BB caliber moments.

Just start a new thread with "spoilers" in the title.
BillOnCapitolHill
Or redd could finish the season so people don't have to walk on eggshells
redd38
AG
I've already finished it. Posting a spoiler warning isn't something you should do for me, it's something you should do cause it's the right thing to do.
TomHaverford
AG
Don't feel bad for anybody who sees a spoiler for clicking on this thread without having watched. If you want to live in a bubble, don't click on the thread. Don't see how this is different than any other TV show, or especially movie thread around here not littered with annoyingass SPOILER WARNINGS.
rickbarnesforOC
maybe we should just post pictures of kate mara instead
BenFiasco14
AG
Holy ish this show is good. Gonna be up all night. Not reading this thread though to fear spoilers
BillOnCapitolHill
quote:
Holy ish this show is good. Gonna be up all night. Not reading this thread though to fear spoilers
good man [/frank underwood]
Removed:09182020
AG
So, do they kill off the prostitute? If you're gonna kill a congressmen, why not make a high end call girl disappear?
20ag07
Not a big fan of the "talking directly to the audience" device. A little out of tone with the rest of the show.
Catch
AG
quote:
Not a big fan of the "talking directly to the audience" device. A little out of tone with the rest of the show.

I thought it was funny that they use this device considering Showtimes 'House of Lies' does the same thing. Completely different shows, but the name being so similar and the whole talk to the audience thing made me laugh a bit.
Verne Lundquist
AG
robin wright looks bad
Vernada
AG
quote:
A spoiler has always been "plot details about something that hasn't aired." All of it has aired! You're reading at your own peril.

We don't discuss any other show without discussing plot. It's the exact same thing as popping on to the Breaking Bad S5 thread after the finale has aired. You're gonna see stuff you don't wanna know about if you haven't watched.

Not that hard.

[This message has been edited by 20ag07 (edited 2/2/2013 6:28p).]

And that makes you a dewsh. Just like that idiot hobo zombie posting Downton Abbey spoilers because he show has aired in the UK already. **** both of you. It's not that hard to type 'spoiler warning'.
Admiral_ZAX
AG
Watched the whole season Friday/Saturday. GREAT show. I especially like the bits where he is talking directly to the camera. Hearing all the different angles and schemes going through his head are a cool twist to the whole thing.

The only thing that would have been better would be if Morgan Freeman narrated. They could make hime one of the Supreme Court Justices that oversees the trial that eventually has to happen where Underwood gets caught.
Removed:09182020
AG
quote:
The only thing that would have been better would be if Morgan Freeman narrated. They could make hime one of the Supreme Court Justices that oversees the trial that eventually has to happen where Underwood gets caught.

Mind blown at how amazing this suggestion is.
BillOnCapitolHill
quote:
i have no problem with him breaking the 4th wall. I think it adds to the charm. He makes a prediction, person enters validates the prediction, he turns and gives a "Damn I'm good" look.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Just finished first episode, have a feeling ill be finished in a few days. Show is good.
hunter2012
AG
quote:

I'm not sure that is going to get caught, what happens when a house of cards stays up.
Btron
AG
I had no idea that Robin Wright played GINNAY in Forrest Gump!
This show is completely bad a$$.
Are you a sheep part of the flock or a wolf part of the pack!
Nothing is getting in the way of Francis!
Texaggie7nine
quote:
A spoiler has always been "plot details about something that hasn't aired."

Are there people that are actually that stupid? Really?

Enzo The Baker
AG
I'm really liking the show, even though the white president talks exactly like Obama.
AgAllStar91
quote:
I had no idea that Robin Wright played GINNAY in Forrest Gump

Just about to post this. Did not recognize her at all. And to the poster, I think it was Verne, who said she looks bad, congrats on that 23 year old Spanish lingerie model you're currently banging. Wish I could pull that kinda tail.
AgHawkeye
AG
quote:
I had no idea that Robin Wright played GINNAY in Forrest Gump!

And Princess Buttercup!!
Catch
AG
quote:
congrats on that 23 year old Spanish lingerie model you're currently banging. Wish I could pull that kinda tail

You can.

Backpage.com
Eccie.net
Preferred411.com

**** ton of latina hookers.
Sher Thing
AG
Great show.
AgAllStar91
Just finished. Really picks up at the end. Not a top tier show but still very good.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
quote:
i have no problem with him breaking the 4th wall. I think it adds to the charm. He makes a prediction, person enters validates the prediction, he turns and gives a "Damn I'm good" look.
I agree. Plus, it allows the story to progress a little faster b/c at times he can just state what's going on rather than all f that having to happen.
TXAGFAN
AG
So...I really enjoyed the first season and watched it over the weekend. What was you guys' take on his "relationship" with his old college buddy? Just seemed so far out of character and seemed to be heavy on his mind 30 years later.

[This message has been edited by Txagfan (edited 2/10/2013 9:11p).]
20ag07
quote:
it allows the story to progress a little faster b/c at times he can just state what's going on rather than all f that having to happen.
The difference between a decent show and a great show imo. It just kind of feels like cheating to me. Tony Soprano talking to Dr Melfi, or the Office confessionals accomplish the same kind of thing, but feel more real. Spacey talking directly to me just feels kind of cheap. Like they're shortcutting.
TXAGFAN
AG
I know what you mean. I like it still though b/c there are so many players involved in the plot and personally I am a big fan of dry/dark quick wit and there's no lack of that in his monologues.
AgAllStar91
Totally forgot about the "relationship" with the college buddy. Ya I don't know what the **** that was.
20ag07
Also...there's been a lot of talk in reference to this show and "binge watching". Not a fan. I tore through this show over 2 days. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Remember literally nothing about it except Spacey was good and Kate Mara was hot and I liked it.

There's something to be said for letting a show breathe, the anticipation of waiting a week between eps, etc. I remember more. It settles in. I don't think this is the future of television. There's less engagement.

I've caught up with other shows on DVD, which is similar, but there was always less urgency there. I was already a year+ behind, no reason to watch 7 in a day. Something about this pulled me into watching it in a weekend. But I don't think I'd ever really watch a drama series that way again (I will tear through all of Arrested Development in 4 hours though).
PatAg
AG
Just my take on redd's little hissy fit. This show was released all at once. You know what I did? I waited to click on this thread until I finished watching all of the episodes. If someone doesn't have the common sense or patience to do that, then they deserve to have something "spoiled" for them. It would be the same as clicking on a movie thread if you haven't seen the movie in question.
et98
AG
I just found out this was a remake of a British show with the same basic plot. That show only lasted 1 season and apparently ended about where this one did. I had no idea!

I'm anxious to see where they take it from here.
3 William 56
AG
The purpose for posting it all at one time was addressed by the netflix ceo...he said that people go to netflix to get there info/shows instantly. That's the point of netflix...you don't have to watch it all in a day or two...netflix is merely giving you that option.

And I like spacey talking to the camera...soprano talking to the shrink was necessary for the show, much like frank talking to the viewers predicting what the person talking to him will say showing how ahead of the game he already is...it serves a purpose.

[This message has been edited by prepyag03 (edited 4/21/2013 4:03p).]
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.