General
Sponsored by

Monday

2,501 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Green2Maroon
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
  • Slept not great, but that was the least of my problems today.
  • Actually fixed my hair and wore a dress today.
  • Then dropped the blackberry container and blackberries scattered on the floor.
  • Then I am in the garage and I lifted my backpack with my heavy laptop (its a 17.5") up to chest level to go around the bike, then DROPPED IT and the laptop hit solely on my BIG TOENAIL.
  • Hooooollllly F. I promptly dropped the loudest F bomb of my life.
  • Sat in the car for like 15-20 minutes with it throbbing out of its mind.
  • Finally get on way to work, only to have left the lunch I packed at home.
  • So went to lunch and hard a margarita instead.
  • Came home after 1PM meeting cause the throbbing won't stop.
  • Ice bath for the toe, and now have it propped up.
I am going to CRY BIG GIRL TEARS if my toenail falls off.
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Why didn't she use some air sickness bags at least.


I don't think it would have mattered. They had to clean the entire row she was sitting in and she walked out with a giant plastic bag full of her belongings. No idea what happened to her seatmates but they didn't get off the flight.


It sucks but that's the first missed connection I've had in something like 15 years. What was really irritating were the 3 or 4 *******s complaining to the flight attendants and wanting compensation.

It's not their fault and the sure as hell can't do anything to make the plane take off sooner.
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nai06 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Why didn't she use some air sickness bags at least.


I don't think it would have mattered. They had to clean the entire row she was sitting in and she walked out with a giant plastic bag full of her belongings. No idea what happened to her seatmates but they didn't get off the flight.


It sucks but that's the first missed connection I've had in something like 15 years. What was really irritating were the 3 or 4 *******s complaining to the flight attendants and wanting compensation.

It's not their fault and the sure as hell can't do anything to make the plane take off sooner.


I was on a flight where someone **** their pants across from me mid flight . I felt awful for the elderly man.

My "compensation" was 2-3 little bottles of vodka lol.

But the flight attendants showed such compassion, and the male flight attendant gave the elderly gentleman his spare set of clothes. They put him in the last row for the rest of the flight.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Poor guy. That's got to be awful. But if you pick up a stomach bug or get some bad food while traveling, things can go south quickly.
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Poor guy. That's got to be awful. But if you pick up a stomach bug or get some bad food while traveling, things can go south quickly.

Agreed.

On top of how excellent the crew was, the cabin was dimmed because it was a night flight. So only the row in front, beside and behind knew what was going on. and they weren't even all occupied. So that was good too.
ARKY AGGIE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

ARKY AGGIE said:

Woke up at 3 a.m.

81 degrees in the Fort

Pull Tires and load trucks.

Peddle something today.

Ready for 5 p.m.

Have a wonderful day!


3am


Monday morning routine.
BTHO bacon bits!!!
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Half day at work today. I think tomorrow is my last day at the old job. Back to Lyft rides for now.

We'll see what happens but I think I'm a solid candidate for this agricultural economist job. My veteran status has a lot more weight with the federal government as opposed to the corporate world. I have the AGBU degree which is almost dead on. This wouldn't just be another piddly job I don't really want. It would be a new future.
chiken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tatem said:

ErnestEndeavor said:

Lost 12lb in 7 days and lost 1.5 inches (in my waistline you pervs).

Feeling good. Just like I knew that I would.



GLP1 will do that for you


Thats a real jerk thing to say. What was your point in saying it?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it was a typical GB response for lulz.
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BIG GLP1, HUH? ALRIGHT. WELP, SEE YA LATER.

/what's a glp1?
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Leeman said:

The Fife said:

  • Apply for jobs, interview, wait to hear back, repeat
  • I've purged a fair amount of crap from the house just in case there's a move in store
  • Mom flies in tomorrow because Ms Goofy's birthday is coming up in a few days
  • She's a great big 2nd grader with twice the attitude that normally comes along with
  • Anyway, back to it!
Don't do anything I wouldn't do!


Looking for something new or got hit by a layoff ?

Yes to something new, no to a layoff. The group I was in was terrible and raises haven't even pretended to keep up with inflation. My departure was a vote of no confidence.
Leeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Fife said:

Leeman said:

The Fife said:

  • Apply for jobs, interview, wait to hear back, repeat
  • I've purged a fair amount of crap from the house just in case there's a move in store
  • Mom flies in tomorrow because Ms Goofy's birthday is coming up in a few days
  • She's a great big 2nd grader with twice the attitude that normally comes along with
  • Anyway, back to it!
Don't do anything I wouldn't do!


Looking for something new or got hit by a layoff ?

Yes to something new, no to a layoff. The group I was in was terrible and raises haven't even pretended to keep up with inflation. My departure was a vote of no confidence.

You quit before finding a new job ? Bold !
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep, it had basically gotten that bad. Up at 4:30, meeting at 6AM that had to be prepared for every day, incredibly high stress job with little reward, coworker in the next desk had a self-admitted anger problem, recurring work-related nightmares most nights, and I found myself being short with the kids because of all of it.

It wasn't worth it and being in aerospace, I've always been ready for layoffs. There's a lot saved up outside of retirement so it was time to go for my and my family's sake.
Leeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I get it. Toxic work environment is awful.
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I once worked at a finance office in a VA hospital. The experience was so bad that I avoided government jobs for a decade.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.