General
Sponsored by

Do you have dead people in your phone contacts?

5,561 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by BonfireNerd04
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My youngest sister passed away over 20 years ago. I still read our emails.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
62strat said:

curious if any one has ever called one of these numbers and someone picked up.

I assume numbers get recycled once they're turned off?



Back in 2018 I got a ton of spam texts for the Beto campaign. At one point they addressed me by the name of Claude ( not my name). I googled the name with my phone number. Best I could figure out some dude named Claude had my number in the early-2000s and signed up for some Democrat mailing list. It cross-referenced with a last name. I searched that name and found an obituary from about 18 months prior to me getting my current number.
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Burdizzo said:

62strat said:

curious if any one has ever called one of these numbers and someone picked up.

I assume numbers get recycled once they're turned off?



Back in 2018 I got a ton of spam texts for the Beto campaign. At one point they addressed me by the name of Claude ( not my name). I googled the name with my phone number. Best I could figure out some dude named Claude had my number in the early-2000s and signed up for some Democrat mailing list. It cross-referenced with a last name. I searched that name and found an obituary from about 18 months prior to me getting my current number.

Oh I, oh, I'm still alive
Hey, I, I, oh, I'm still alive
Hey I, oh, I'm still alive
Hey...oh...
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fairview said:

Yeah I have some. Mostly because I just didn't get around to deleting them but I still have my Dad in my pinned contacts after 6.5 years of him being gone. Also have a couple of voicemails I hadn't deleted when he died I kept.


Download and export those voicemails so you have them for later
chick79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scimitar's LinkedIn profile is still "active" and I'm a connection.
one safe place
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I did, until one of them called me and then I blocked and deleted all of them!

Seriously, I probably do, but I don't ever look through my contacts so cannot be sure.
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Claude not Claude!
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daughter passed a few years ago. Still in my contacts and I haven't had the ability to take the phone line of hers off my bill

Call occasionally when missing her. I am sure my ex wife who has the phone still calls her as well on bad days
deer corn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?

swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm so glad they did!!!!!
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wicked Good Ag said:

Daughter passed a few years ago. Still in my contacts and I haven't had the ability to take the phone line of hers off my bill

Call occasionally when missing her. I am sure my ex wife who has the phone still calls her as well on bad days


sorry to hear this. losing a child is the worst.
southernboy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crazy thing right now is my best friends wife just pulled up, and yes I have his and multiple contacts of the past. I will never delete them because when I see them come up as I scroll I remember the good times.
RAB87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. And voicemails from my dad and maybe my brother.
O.G.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NormanEH said:

Scimitar is still in mine apparently

Same.
Caesar4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have phone numbers of deceased people in my contacts.

But, I don't have dead people in my contacts. A dead person in my phone? How could that even be done?
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think so, but I used to carry around my granddad's business card for his lawn service.
CascadiaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah. My Dad. But he has only been gone 3 weeks.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CascadiaAg said:

Yeah. My Dad. But he has only been gone 3 weeks.


I'm sorry about your dad, Cascadia.
TX AG 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Several, and unfortunately, the count keeps growing
p1 Claire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. I still have my sister's number in my Favorites.

And I still have splits and a couple of other friends' #s who passed away.
CascadiaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
scd88 said:

CascadiaAg said:

Yeah. My Dad. But he has only been gone 3 weeks.


I'm sorry about your dad, Cascadia.

It's good. It was the tail end of a 10 year slide due to Alzheimers, and he still lived to 85.

Honestly, I said my goodbyes several years ago; this was more of a relief for the family.

People say "cancer sucks" (and yes, my mom died of cancer when i was in high school)

Alzheimer's is so so so much worse.
Uncle Howdy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Yes. Have a friend that died at the end of March. Still have her saved, along with our super long text convos...ending with a text from her husband telling me she had died the night before
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A friend/former coworker passed a couple of months ago. His wife has her phone, but still has kept his line open. Occasionally she will use his phone to call me. I don't really have a problem with it, but it still gets my attention when I see his name show up on my phone.
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Claude! said:

I don't think so, but I used to carry around my granddad's business card for his lawn service.

I still have my grandad's business card in my work folder. It's probably 35-40 years old. It just has his office number, home number, and office address. No email. Not even an area code. Good old days.


Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NoahAg said:

Claude! said:

I don't think so, but I used to carry around my granddad's business card for his lawn service.

I still have my grandad's business card in my work folder. It's probably 35-40 years old. It just has his office number, home number, and office address. No email. Not even an area code. Good old days.






I have had my current number since 2006. My contacts have transfered to every new phone I have gotten since then. I still have 3-4 contacts in it that don't have area codes. I obviously have not kept in touch with those people and should delete them.
BCSGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A year after my brother passed somehow I accidentally called his number. Freaked me out when a stranger answered. I explained the mistake and apologized. Two days later my phone rings showing it was my brother calling. I did not answer.
Crow Valley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A year after a good buddy passed away, I was scrolling through my contacts and coming across his name I thought I'll never need this number again and I hit delete and it was gone. Two weeks later I was I was scrolling again and there was his name and # again, I've just left it alone
O.G.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still have voice messages from my dad. He's been gone 5 years.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have moved one more from alive to not. The guy was an old work friend I reconnected with a couple years ago. I texted him last week as I had a work referral for him and weirdly got no response. I reached out to another work buddy from the same job and that's when I found out my friend Jim passed away in a car accident several months ago.
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I moved from College Station to my current city and have lived here for more than 2 decades. My father's undergrad classmate (from the 60s) picked me up from the airport, and I stayed with his family for a week until I got settled. He gave me his old car to drive around.
I invited him to all events, he came for my daughter's HS graduation party in June.

I texted him for his birthday in Aug (13th), no reply. I texted him again asking how he was doing, no reply. He always replies. I am worried as he turned 82.

I looked at his son's facebook, seems normal and he just posted about some concert he is playing at. I might text him on iMessage and then just call him.
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still have one that says "Dad" that never rings.
Page 2 of 3 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.