Bologna Sandwich Question

3,127 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by combat wombat™
Hwy30East
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back in the late '80's I went to Tulsa for work. Went to lunch at some mom and pop restaurant, and one of the guys spoke up to the waitress and said "I'll have the Grilled Bologna sandwich", and I kind of laughed because I thought he was joking with her. I'd had never heard of such a thing. I learned that was a popular thing in Oklahoma.
Hamburger Dan
White bread, lots of mustard, thick sliced bologna, medium sharp cheddar cheese, dill pickles, and lettuce.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
JMac03 said:

I can't believe they even still make that crap.

Too many fried bologna and mayo sandwiches growing up.
Few things remind me of being born a poor white child than thinking about a baloney sandwich. Velveeta and mayo if there was still some good velveeta left in the box.
jwoodmd
Logos Stick said:

Plain, no condiments, with white bread.
But, cut the crust off the bread and smash the bread
BartInLA
Put in ice-cold water for 5 minutes. Take two pieces of white bread and cut off the crust. Add copious amounts of ketchup and shredded lettuce. Shake the water off the meat and enjoy. This is an exquisite Connecticut lunch.
TTUArmy
Been a long time since I ate a baloney sandwich of any kind. All I remember about the last one was being tired and hungry from working cattle all day.
BurnetAggie99
Like to smoke it. Cut off a thick slice on toasted bread with lettuce, tomato and some German Mustard
Hey Nav
AG
Who is old enough to remember this one...

Gunny456
AG
We were extremely poor while I was a kid. Did not have running water in our house till I was in 3rd grade. ( But not hot water). We ate bologna cause it was cheap. Had it for lunches and suppers almost everyday.
I swore I would never eat that mixture of refuse ever again if I did not have to.
concac
AG
Wolfpac 08 said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Yeah, its food for children, and also people shouldn't feed that filth to children
Bingo - General rule: if you can't find it in nature, you shouldn't be eating it
Dude, live a little. You don't have to eat it everyday. Eating it once in a while ain't going to kill you.
combat wombat™
AG
White wonder bread, the kind that sticks to your teeth with absolutely no substance to it.
Mayonnaise
One slice American cheese
One slice bologna

I don't eat many bologna sandwiches. Probably not even one a year. However, the above is oddly satisfying when camping or when I'm lazy. Baloney isn't the first lunchmeat of choice when I'm shopping for a camping trip though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.