collections.

5,696 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Lex
Lex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do any of y'all have something cool you collect?
RyDawg has a pretty sweet arrowhead collection.
I have an insane Yeti cup collection.
I have pretty much every color they have released.
C@LAg
the right pinky from all of my victims.
JMac03
AG
No. The older I get the less **** I want. I randomly get aggravated with clutter and throw a bunch of stuff out. Less is more.
Lex
I get that.
Lex
So like how many would you say you have.
C@LAg
Lex said:

a plethora
maroon barchetta
C@LAg said:

Lex said:

a plethora

A veritable plethora? [/ Todd Christensen]
maroon barchetta
I'm with JMac. I am slowly working on purging stuff we don't need.

I'm ready to go Fahrenheit 451 on my wife's books if things don't improve! We don't need books on old programming languages and textbooks from the Master's we completed a couple decades ago, sweetie!

Wolfpac 08
AG
I have a huge comic book collection - got into it with my dad when I was a little kid. He would bring one home for me any time he went out of town, then it turned into a whole thing.

Haven't bought one since I was probably 14 or 15, but I probably have over 1000 comic books - none of them probably worth anything.

I have one from the Death of Superman collection that featured Bill Clinton speaking at Superman's funeral - I got that signed by Bill Clinton when he was in office
dabo man
AG
I collected baseball cards from the age of 5 to 18 (1977 to 1990). I had tens of thousands of them. I tried to sell them to various card shops in Houston and St. Louis. The cards had value in a book, but no one wanted any of them. I got sick of moving them and threw them all away during a move in 2016.

maroon barchetta
I had a crapton of comics from when I was maybe 7 until maybe 13. Mostly Marvel stuff.

Also had a large Star Wars comic.

None of them were in collector-nerd condition because they had been read many times. I sold a bag of them for $5 at a garage sale.
TequilaMockingbird
Guitars.

I was collecting Dave Campbells Texas Football magazines, but I've kind of lost interest.
javajaws
AG
I've got a large board game collection (over 100) but I buy them to play not to hopefully make money off them one day. Grown up board games - stuff like this:

IIIHorn
Guitars and amps
dabo man
AG
I own a lot of guitars (at one point I had 14 plus three amps), but I don't think of it as collecting. I just got obsessed with having two guitars that were identical except for one thing. I've pared it down to eight. These seven:

plus one my cousin built for me two years ago:

Caesar4
AG
Did you know they have a new maroon color? On the computer screen it looks like A&M maroon.
IIIHorn
Nice!

Adapted from another thread:

Wife: "How many guitars do you need?"

Me: "One more."

Lex
Its maroon.
I almost got one at the Cabelas in Waco.
But didn't.
Regret that but I will order one or 3.
Wolfpac 08
AG
I have a pretty good mix, but probably leans heavy DC bc I was a huge Superman and Batman fan. Most of them are in rough condition but when I was at my most serious, I would put the ones I bought into plastic sleeves. I've got a few that I bought solely to keep in good condition bc my dad convinced me they would be worth money - those have never been out of the plastic and are likely worth less than I bought them for
IIIHorn
IIIHorn said:

Nice!

Adapted from another thread:

Wife: "How many guitars do you need?"

Me: "One more."

Follow up conversation:

Wife: "Did you get another guitar?"

Me: "Yes ma'am. Please don't fret over it."
IIIHorn
Wolfpac 08 said:

I have a pretty good mix, but probably leans heavy DC bc I was a huge Superman and Batman fan. Most of them are in rough condition but when I was at my most serious, I would put the ones I bought into plastic sleeves. I've got a few that I bought solely to keep in good condition bc my dad convinced me they would be worth money - those have never been out of the plastic and are likely worth less than I bought them for

Batman has the best website.
Aggie Dad 26
Graded sports cards, mostly
jetch17
AG
Autographed baseballs - mostly 500 HR club and HOF sluggers & pitchers
Lex
This is so cool.
Y'all have some cool passions.
I recently started getting records of music I like.
I dont know if it qualifies as a collection currently.
But maybe one day.
Wolfpac 08
AG
Hmmm…I woulda guessed spiderman
IIIHorn
Wolfpac 08 said:

Hmmm…I woulda guessed spiderman

Doh!

That's what I intended to post.

I am now on the fail train.
Aggie Dad 26
https://texags.com/forums/52/topics/3458284

Caitlin Clark, Mike Tyson, and a few others will be had soon
Smoochie-Wallace II
Lex said:

This is so cool.
Y'all have some cool passions.
I recently started getting records of music I like.
I dont know if it qualifies as a collection currently.
But maybe one day.
I inherited a massive record collection recently. I won't decide what to do with it until sometime in 2025.

Lex
I'm happy to come with my record player and sit with you and get lost in some tunes. Get it organized with you. So you can see what's there and decide accordingly.
Aggie Dad 26
Lex said:

I'm happy to come with my record player and sit with you and get lost in some tunes. Get it organized with you. So you can see what's there and decide accordingly.

Another successful texags hookup
Smoochie-Wallace II
Lex said:

I think I actually have two record players, believe it or not, along with a vintage 1980s stereo with the double tape deck.
Lex
Very cool. My grandparents have a couple of those "is it an entryway table or a record player" type record players. I plan to get one and put some new age speakers, bass and some other updates in one and keep it forever. I love old *****
Aggie Dad 26
Lex said:

Very cool. My grandparents have a couple of those "is it an entryway table or a record player" type record players. I plan to get one and put some new age speakers, bass and some other updates in one and keep it forever. I love old *****

I have a few Elvis records (45s)
I was given another record as a gift but it's in storage. I really like the Bluetooth, record/cd/tape players they've been making. Pretty cool combo and at some point I'll probably get one
Lex
I have 2 of these. I really like that I can play my grandmas old records then blast Cody Jinks.
91_Aggie
AG
I have a huge collection of seashells. I keep them on the beaches all around the world. Perhaps you have seen some of them.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.