Blue Bell Dr. Pepper Float Ice Cream

8,601 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Texture is called "mouth feel" now
If that's true, your mom has a wonderful texture.
Burdizzo
AG
Does it come with low-fat listeria? Because that is the only kind of listeria I eat.
Txmoe
AG
Bought some yesterday and it got good reviews from our group. I agree with the comment above that the carbonation from a real DP makes a difference but they got the flavor right. Fun to try but not sure I'd buy again.
rwtxag83
AG

Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Blue bell
Ag CPA
AG
Tried it yesterday, not that impressed but probably has something to do with how spare Blue Bell is.
Teslag
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Blue bell

Yep blue bell is trash. Now that tillamook is in Texas why would anyone buy blue bell?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Flavor was ok, consistency was weird. Doubt I'll finish it before throwing it away.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
What no flames on it?? Such disrespect to the BCS community.
91_Aggie
AG
Burdizzo said:

Does it come with low-fat listeria? Because that is the only kind of listeria I eat.

Quit being a boomer. That was 8 years ago so this is 8 year old material you think you are being clever with.
LupinusTexensis
91_Aggie said:

Burdizzo said:

Quit being a boomer. That was 8 years ago so this is 8 year old material you think you are being clever with.

I mean, it was pretty egregious that they knew and kept selling. Including to HOSPITALS.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Yea but CEO is an Aggie so 95% on here still worship at the blue bell altar
-Ben There/R.C.
TXAG 05
AG
I'd bet most people don't care who the CEO is. They like Blue Bell because it's good. If you don't like it, don't eat it.
AgsWin2011
AG
Last year was Oatmeal Creme Pie. Hands down the best blue bell flavor. I want them to bring it back, but maybe it's good they don't. I probably gained 5-10 lbs from my addiction.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Creamy Creations > Blue Bell
-Ben There/R.C.
TXAG 05
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

Last year was Oatmeal Creme Pie. Hands down the best blue bell flavor. I want them to bring it back, but maybe it's good they don't. I probably gained 5-10 lbs from my addiction.

Oatmeal Cream Pie is still out there. It's pretty good but IMO cookie two step or just regular cookies and cream is above it.
aggieforester05
AG
Looks better than this one I saw at Walmart last week!
jokershady
AG
We got a pint tonight so we could try a few bites….none of us (family of 5 with 3 boys) and none of us really liked it….

Weird after taste for me…
Hwy30East
We bought some the other day to try. I'm not a fan. It had a distinct cherry taste that I didn't care for at all.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hwy30East said:

We bought some the other day to try. I'm not a fan. It had a distinct cherry taste that I didn't care for at all.

So you don't like Dr Pepper?
Booma94
AG
On the scale of Great, Meh, or Suck that everything in life can be rated on, I gave it a solid Meh.

It wasn't Cookies n Cream or Cookie Two-Step, but it also wasn't Ranch or Pizza flavored ice cream either. Won't buy again, but will finish what I bought because it was only a pint.
Teslag
AG
Tillamook >>>> Blue Bell. If milk is the first ingredient listed on your ice cream then it probably sucks.
Hwy30East
Know Your Enemy said:

Hwy30East said:

I like Dr. Pepper, I just don't care for the Dr. Pepper ice cream. I don't taste as much cherry in the drink, as I did in the ice cream.
Burdizzo
AG
91_Aggie said:

Burdizzo said:

It has been a few years, but I got to know some of the Kruse family when I was in college in the late-80s and early-90s. They were all very humble and sincere people whom I came to respect a lot. That said, they really screwed up a few years back with that listeria issue. The folks that were in charge should have known better than to let that happen. And when you throw in the decline in product quality since the creamery has passed to the latest generation, it has been somewhat disappointing to watch. I still hold the family in high regard, but the product isn't all that great anymore.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hwy30East said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Hwy30East said:

I like Dr. Pepper, I just don't care for the Dr. Pepper ice cream. I don't taste as much cherry in the drink, as I did in the ice cream.
Cherry is one of the main flavors of DP.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Hwy30East said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Hwy30East said:

It may be a main flavor, but it's not like drinking cherry coke, where it's the flavor. When I drink Dr Pepper, I don't feel like I'm drinking something cherry flavored.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Burdizzo said:

91_Aggie said:

Burdizzo said:

It has been a few years, but I got to know some of the Kruse family when I was in college in the late-80s and early-90s. They were all very humble and sincere people whom I came to respect a lot. That said, they really screwed up a few years back with that listeria issue. The folks that were in charge should have known better than to let that happen. And when you throw in the decline in product quality since the creamery has passed to the latest generation, it has been somewhat disappointing to watch. I still hold the family in high regard, but the product isn't all that great anymore.

I met Paul once, agree he came across as very down to earth and humble.

The product quality was never amazing.
Their brand is what's amazing.
-Ben There/R.C.
Tree Hugger
AG
If Blue Bell was available in Oregon, I would try it. Until then I am stuck with Umqua and Tillamook ice cream, both damn good though
Tree Hugger
AG
I am going back to TX later this week though......
Hwy30East
Know Your Enemy said:

Hwy30East said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Hwy30East said:

I'm well aware of that. But as Bruce stated, Dr. Pepper doesn't taste like I'm drinking something cherry flavored. The ice cream has a strong cherry taste to me. Call it the after taste that some have mentioned.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
The best flavor blue bell ever made was tiramisu
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Hwy30East said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Hwy30East said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Hwy30East said:

I'm well aware of that. But as Bruce stated, Dr. Pepper doesn't taste like I'm drinking something cherry flavored. The ice cream has a strong cherry taste to me. Call it the after taste that some have mentioned.

It does have a lot of cherry though
-Ben There/R.C.
aggiebird02
The main flavor of DrPepper is almond. Smell almond extract, it smells like exactly like what DrPepper taste like…
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed that Tillamook>>>>>Blue Bell
NRH ag 10
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

stop being fat
Those of us with an ounce of self-control can indulge in this kind of treat and not be morbidly obese.

HTH
what did you say, chunks?
5'11" and 167 lbs, eat ice cream every night and have for the past 30 years. Sucks that you have such poor genetics.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.