Your nominations for the worst chunk of highway in Texas

7,415 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Slicer97
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IIIHorn said:

Used both routes last weekend.

At the same time?
IIIHorn
Burdizzo said:

IIIHorn said:

Used both routes last weekend.

At the same time?

Yer good ..

REAL good!

Bonfired
AG
The hell of that stretch of I-10 between Beaumont and the LA border is that from Beaumont to Orange it's not too bad...but those last 6 miles or so to the Sabine are third-world levels of slapdickery in road construction.

Dishonorable mention to Houston's St. Emanuel between Pease and Gray.
Humorous Username
AG
1604 between Bandera and Blanco roads, either way.

35 between Austin and San Antonio

21 between Bastrop and San Marcos is a hell of a lot better than it used to be now that it's two lanes either way for many miles. Used to take it to head down from Bryan to Schlitterbahn many times growing up. Slow, boring, frustrating ride back in the 90's.

290 between DS and Austin has become a cluster of stoplights, distilleries, and doggie daycare centers.

I10 east of San Antonio, and east of Beaumont, can go fornicate with itself.
cr06gis
AG
Not a bad piece of pavement, but Toll 49 between I-20 and Tyler can be dangerous as ***** Combination of non-divided 2 lane & passing lanes where a train of cars go 90+ to get around the big trucks. Seen so many close calls when the passing lanes end.

Also 287/820/20 stretch in Fort Worth is ****ing mad max during rush hour. Add rain, God help you
Slicer97
AG
La Fours said:

I-35 between Austin and San Antonio - It sucks from south of San Antonio until you bear left at the split.
Hwy 21 between Bastrop and San Marcos - Yes. Should've been a 4-laner for 2 decades now.
Hwy 105 east of Navasota. - You could've just stopped at "east of Navasota".
I-35 in Waco - See above.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.