First Date Activities

9,134 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ForeverAg
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
craftyaggie said:

Here to offer a female perspective:

If you don't know each other at all, a quick coffee date is excellent. It gives you both an "out" if the date sucks.

If you maybe know each other through a friend or have been chatting prior, a brewery or wine bar. Plenty of room to extend the date if it's going well but also easy enough to have a drink or two and be done without it being awkward.

Activities are great as long as she knows in advance so she can dress accordingly. Putt putt golf, indoor rock climbing, watching a football game at a bar if you share a love for the same team, wine tasting, one of those things where you pedal around and drink at the same time with a group of people, bowling, a bar with arcade games, tons of options!

But I guess take my answer with a grain of salt because I haven't been on a first date since 2016.

I wonder if username checks out?
EastSideAg2002
Buttstuff. No one wants a sec trophy after the first date.
Anchorhold
EastSideAg2002 said:

sec trophy .

But what are the chances of that anyway unless it involves a diamond, a foursome, a horse or women over 40?
JobSecurity
AG
Is this the new dating over 35 thread?
ptothemo
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

Buttstuff.
The fact that it took 70 posts for someone to say this is a +750 upset kind of situation.
The Dirty Sock
EastSideAg2002 said:

On the first date? Where's the romance?
Ogre09
AG
aglaohfour said:

I still don't buy that there are functioning adult women who go into a date with the mindset, "This guy sucks, but I want a free meal." I think it's more likely that they discovered that the guy sucked during the course of the meal, and consoled themselves with the fact that they at least got a free meal out of it.

It's not "this guy sucks."

It's "I'm not really that attracted to him and don't really see us in a relationship, but I'll give it a shot and worst case I get a free meal."
Lake08
If you want to do the nice restaurant, then sit in the bar, have a couple drinks and order some apps. Dinner is dumb.
craftyaggie
My now-husband and I were set up on a blind date. We met up with the couple who we both knew that set us up for drinks. That went well, so we continued the evening with pizza and beer. Not sure if that counts as a first date since it was a group outing, but that's how we met, and we count it as our first date in our minds!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Back when I would go on dates, I always tried to make my educational attainment clear to women. Seemed to work pretty well.

maroon barchetta
craftyaggie said:

My now-husband and I were set up on a blind date. We met up with the couple who we both knew that set us up for drinks. That went well, so we continued the evening with pizza and beer. Not sure if that counts as a first date since it was a group outing, but that's how we met, and we count it as our first date in our minds!

So it was a When Harry Met Sally situation when they doubled with Carrie fisher and that other guy?
AliasMan02
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

On the first date? Where's the romance?

What's not romantic?

Philo B 93
Women want a guy who is bold and decisive. Don't be weak. Take her to dinner and pop the question. Ask for her hand in marriage. If you have connections, make it happen the same day. Have some balls.
maroon barchetta
Philo B 93 said:

Women want a guy who is bold and decisive. Don't be weak. Take her to dinner and pop the question. Ask for her hand in marriage. If you have connections, make it happen the same day. Have some balls.

We had neighbors that had known each other 8 days and been on 4 dates when they got married.
Agz_2003
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

Aggies can't even get a SEC trophy after 10 years of trying in football.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Agz_2003 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Aggies can't even get a SEC trophy after 10 years of trying in football.

Which is weird because I'm pretty sure we've been ****ed quite a bit.
Philo B 93
maroon barchetta said:

Philo B 93 said:

We had neighbors that had known each other 8 days and been on 4 dates when they got married.
That's probably the shortest courtship I've ever heard of. Why not? If they're young enough, they can learn to get along as they get older instead of marrying at an older age when you're set in your ways and have a hard time learning to live with a partner.
OasisMan
AG
Beer garden worked
maroon barchetta
Philo B 93 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Philo B 93 said:

That's probably the shortest courtship I've ever heard of. Why not? If they're young enough, they can learn to get along as they get older instead of marrying at an older age when you're set in your ways and have a hard time learning to live with a partner.

They were married 50+ years before they passed on. We knew them when we lived in Portland, TX. Really good people.

They did not tell their kids about their short courtship until the kids were in their 20's.
Anchorhold
A similar thing happened in my extended family. They rushed the wedding because he was shipping off to the pacific and then spent the next few years in a POW camp.
Sea Speed
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Philo B 93 said:

I was engaged a week after meeting my wife for the first time. Been together 10 years and have 3 kids now.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

maroon barchetta said:

Philo B 93 said:

I was engaged a week after meeting my wife for the first time. Been together 10 years and have 3 kids now.

How long between proposing and getting married?
Sea Speed
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Sea Speed said:

maroon barchetta said:

Philo B 93 said:

How long between proposing and getting married?

Proposed December married next November. Worked out well considering I stopped giving a damn about college football a couple years back.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Wife and I met, got engaged, and married in under a year. We were both too young to get married but here we are 15 years and kids later.
maroon barchetta
15 kids?
double fault
What was your 1st date activity?
Sea Speed
AG
She picked me up from the airport ha. First time we met was outside the terminal at Boston Logan.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
My last 1st date showed up to the date with no panties on. I'd like to see that become the norm for 1st dates.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
maroon barchetta said:

15 kids?
haha no. Just two of those. We subscribe to the "it's not a clown car" theory of women's genitalia.
Sea Speed
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

maroon barchetta said:

15 kids?
haha no. Just two of those. We subscribe to the "it's not a clown car" theory of women's genitalia.

Do all your kids ride in your wife's parts at once?
Anchorhold
Sea Speed said:

She picked me up from the airport ha. First time we met was outside the terminal at Boston Logan.

So you did tip your Uber driver. Did she give you five stars for the ride?
Sea Speed
AG
No but she gave me three kids.
infinity ag
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

My last 1st date showed up to the date with no panties on. I'd like to see that become the norm for 1st dates.

Why do some women do this? Disgusting. And all that dust that gets into their privates. Luckily I don't think this is mainstream.
CaddoAggie96
AG
I think for my next first date in 30 years might be drinks and appetizers at one of my favorite places followed by a live music venue. If things are going well but the music and surroundings aren't helping I will have a backup spot with music or just walking around. Then just go from there.
frenchtoast
If I ever find myself single again, I'll probably just do random hookups for bjs. Dating sounds like too much work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.