Altercations (verbal or physical) with celebrities or renowned people?

5,150 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

At the end of the Fall Semester in '98 I was a student worker driving a ford ranger between Netum Steed and the practice fields and I almost ran into Jamar Toombs with the truck. He gave me a wtf look and walked on to practice. I am glad I didn't hit him because I don't know how I would have explained to my boss how I totaled the ranger.

Lie. Your fat ass couldn't fit in a Ranger.
JamesPShelley
Was covering a Peter Frampton concert in Rancho Mirage. Apparently my press credentials didn't meet with Framptons approval as I was, during the first song, taking pictures with my higher-end phone (He hates cellphones at shows). I still have the pictures of him giving me a huge stink-eye as he attempts to reach down fron the stage to snatch my phone, but not before his manager rushes fromn the side and takes it from me. I retrieved it after the show, and with the pics intact... for my phone was locked.

"Peter Frampton's concert at the renowned The Show, the venue at the Agua Caliente Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California, started off on the wrong foot for one unlucky fan when during the opening song, "You Had to Be There", his cell phone was confiscated by Frampton's tour manager. But not before Frampton himself took a grab at the device. Reminiscent of the scene that unfolded only weeks earlier where another unlucky fan had his cell phone confiscated by the musician himself. Tonight's fan sauntered, under the watchful eye of the audience and on that green mile of shame, to his 200 loge seat. The show went on."
average_joker
AG
Wonder how many elevators are in Kenny G's house.
Corn Pop
maroon barchetta said:

We all know who you are talking about.

I don't. Can someone just say?
Ginormus Ag
AG
It was an extended cab. I could barely turn the wheel, thus almost causing the accident.
FIDO*98*
AG
Corn Pop said:

maroon barchetta said:

The guy trying to turn A&M into just another leftist indoctrination institution………John Sharp
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Corn Pop said:

maroon barchetta said:

The guy trying to turn A&M into just another leftist indoctrination institution………John Sharp

I wouldn't know who that is if he was standing on my left big toe. I am going to guess he is an early 60's white dude with gray hair and a maroon sports coat.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

FIDO*98* said:

Corn Pop said:

maroon barchetta said:

I wouldn't know who that is if he was standing on my left big toe. I am going to guess he is an early 60's white dude with gray hair and a maroon sports coat.

And wears aggie ring on the left hand.
AgTrip
Was in New Orleans on a week night having drinks with a few friends and on a balcony. Went in to get a new drink and texting someone and a big body guard asked me not to take pictures of Billy. I had no idea who or what he was talking about but over next to me was a table of about 10 people.

We were later asked to leave the balcony because Billy wanted to use it and we said well tell him to come on out? Who the eff is Billy anyway? It was Billy Currington I was told and I still had no clue who that was. We saw him later walking down bourbon street and no one was even recognizing him. Such a dewsh!
GIF Reactor
AG
AgTrip
That's exactly how I felt. I had no clue who the hell he was nor did I care. There weren't even 20 people in the bar so we closed the tab and left.
EclipseAg
AG
I once got cussed out by ice machine cleanliness fanatic and Chicken Ranch nemesis Marvin Zindler of Channel 13 fame. He threatened to get me fired, but it was all just bluster.

Also, Bum Phillips got really mad at me once for asking a question he didn't like.

Texasclipper
AG
EclipseAg said:

I once got cussed out by ice machine cleanliness fanatic and Chicken Ranch nemesis Marvin Zindler of Channel 13 fame. He threatened to get me fired, but it was all just bluster.

Also, Bum Phillips got really mad at me once for asking a question he didn't like.

What did you do to get MAAAARRRRRVIIIINNNN ZINDLER mad at you?
Sea Speed
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

FIDO*98* said:

Corn Pop said:

maroon barchetta said:

I wear my aggie ring on my left hand.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

RikkiTikkaTagem said:

FIDO*98* said:

Corn Pop said:

maroon barchetta said:

Stikka confirmed!
Unemployed
AG
Sea Speed said:

RikkiTikkaTagem said:

FIDO*98* said:

Corn Pop said:

maroon barchetta said:

Typical Sea Aggie. Just proves you're not a real Aggie.
AliasMan02
AG
Sea Speed said:

RikkiTikkaTagem said:

FIDO*98* said:

Corn Pop said:

maroon barchetta said:

Same
EclipseAg
AG
Texasclipper said:

EclipseAg said:

What did you do to get MAAAARRRRRVIIIINNNN ZINDLER mad at you?
It's a really long story but basically, our company suffered a tragedy and someone called Marvin to offer to donate money so we could buy something we lost.

Marvin was gonna make it his big story of the day.

But we weren't accepting donations because we leased the thing we lost and we were just gonna lease another one. We felt that publicly taking money to "buy" one was just wrong.

I told his producer all of that and she got mad. Then she put Marvin on the phone and he screamed every profanity in the book at me, and threated to have me fired and said I would never work in Houston again.

I realized then that the media never cared about the truth.

We wound up taking the money. Marvin got his story for the day. That's all that mattered.
akaggie05
AG
Almost got T-boned by Nolan Ryan in Dallas about 20 years ago. I was making a left turn and he was in an oncoming lane going very fast in an S-class Mercedes. Misjudged his speed and barely cleared him. Could see him yelling and shaking his fist at me. Said to myself "that HAS to be Nolan Ryan." Then I saw the personalized license plate... "NOLAN"
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
akaggie05 said:

Almost got T-boned by Nolan Ryan
Weird way to frame "I almost caused a traffic accident with Nolan Ryan"
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Joe Weber that played for RC was a lot more cool than the one you described
Sea Speed
AG
I knew some simpleton would try and be funny like this. Congratulations on being the winner.
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
I was at the Chicken with some friends and saw Darren Lewis standing at the bar. Lewis had just finished his senior season as the all-time Southwest Conference rushing leader and was expected to have a successful NFL career. He was a big muscular dude who nobody in their right mind would mess with.

I had had a few beers, so I did not use my best judgment. I walked up to him, smiled, and said "hey, you're a football player, right?"

He replied, "yeah."

I responded, "I know you, you're Johnny Holland!"

To his credit, he just shook his head and said, "Yeah man, I'm Johnny Holland." Johnny Holland had played for the Ags a couple of years before and was playing for the Packers at the time.

That was a real display of self-control on his part. I'm thankful for it.
Pirate04
AG
I don't think KrYsTaL liked me very much growing up, does that count?

But also I had choice words for Chris Davis one time in middle school when I found out I wasn't the only girl he was talking to
maroon barchetta
Pirate04 said:

But also I had choice words for Chris Davis one time in middle school when I found out I wasn't the only girl he was talking to

You grew up with YuP yUp?
Buck Turgidson
I get really triggered by the song "War Pigs" especially when I've been imbibing. After Sabbath played it in concert one time, I screamed "**** you Ozzy!" really loudly during a brief lull. The thing that set me off was them showing photos of US soldiers on the big jumbo screens during the song. Surprisingly Ozzy heard me and said back over the microphone "eh, **** you too". Oh well, I was really there to see Judas Priest and they'd already played.
The Dirty Sock
Pirate04 said:

You have our attention
Lake08
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Martellus Bennet. Basketball at the rec. I didn't know who he was at the time in person. He was just being an *******, and I called him out on hit. He threatened to slap me. I dared him to do it. He said I wasn't worth it (he was right). And then walked back to my team who all had their jaws on the floor and I didn't understand why till one of them told me later.

So you were mouthing off to a 6'9 black man that is built like a rock? Good plan
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Lake08 said:

RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Martellus Bennet. Basketball at the rec. I didn't know who he was at the time in person. He was just being an *******, and I called him out on hit. He threatened to slap me. I dared him to do it. He said I wasn't worth it (he was right). And then walked back to my team who all had their jaws on the floor and I didn't understand why till one of them told me later.

So you were mouthing off to a 6'9 black man that is built like a rock? Good plan

I misspoke. Michael (not near as tall, which is what jogged the memory), not Martellus. Never met Martellus.

But yes, as a 20 year old I would have mouthed off to anybody who threw a ball out of bounds and then told me to "go get the ball you pasty ass *****".
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

I get really triggered by the song "War Pigs" especially when I've been imbibing. After Sabbath played it in concert one time, I screamed "**** you Ozzy!" really loudly during a brief lull. The thing that set me off was them showing photos of US soldiers on the big jumbo screens during the song. Surprisingly Ozzy heard me and said back over the microphone "eh, **** you too". Oh well, I was really there to see Judas Priest and they'd already played.
who likes judas priest more than ozzy/sabbath?
halibut sinclair
I punched Mickey Mantle in the mouth.
Buck Turgidson
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Buck Turgidson said:

who likes judas priest more than ozzy/sabbath?

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.