"If you don't want to 1-1 work meetings/lunches with women, it is discrimination"

11,754 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by diehard03
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LupinusTexensis said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Dr. Mephisto said:

LupinusTexensis said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I've been on the receiving end of a false sexual harassment complaint from a woman who worked for me and received corrective action. I was treated like a guilty mofo every step of the way and had no recourse but to tell them I was a big 'mo as the only means of saving my job.

I don't blame these men. It's a simple case of somebody went off and ruined it for everybody else.

But were you hammered in Thailand watching ping pings fly across the room?

I don't know what this means.

And I'm scared to ask.

The best ping pong players in the world are the women (possibly men) in Thailand…and they don't use paddles.

The men are prettier than the girls

I'm aware. Been to Patpong a few times with some distributors. Not somewhere I'd take the wife and kids though….if I had a wife and kids.
Decay
AG
TexasRebel said:

Decay said:

jokershady said:

I did not realize 'mo was short for that…..I've been away from the general board for too long….
Don't feel bad, it made me realize that they literally put a gay joke in the Simpsons for YEARS and I never noticed.

The Flaming Homer/Mo?

How did anyone miss that.

I was like 8 when I first saw an episode with the Flaming Moe in it. Just one of those jokes that went over my head and never landed I guess.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

I've been on the receiving end of a false sexual harassment complaint from a woman who worked for me and received corrective action. I was treated like a guilty mofo every step of the way and had no recourse but to tell them I was a big 'mo as the only means of saving my job.

I don't blame these men. It's a simple case of somebody went off and ruined it for everybody else.

You asked her if she wanted to watch you play your bone, didn't you
LupinusTexensis
Irish 2.0 said:

LupinusTexensis said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Dr. Mephisto said:

LupinusTexensis said:

Ryan the Temp said:

But were you hammered in Thailand watching ping pings fly across the room?

I don't know what this means.

And I'm scared to ask.

The best ping pong players in the world are the women (possibly men) in Thailand…and they don't use paddles.

The men are prettier than the girls

I'm aware. Been to Patpong a few times with some distributors. Not somewhere I'd take the wife and kids though….if I had a wife and kids.

Yes another reason to not become someone's wife
713nervy
AG
Men are trash. This ****ing thread.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Now we talkin' about Patpong

We talkin' about gay jokes

And we talking about a general fart stench of hostility towards women … in general.

Now had this thread been a conversation at lupe tortillas.

That ain't a good situation for anybody on the premises.

If you in some kind of leadership position you on the hook 'because you should have stopped it' ….
'You should have been the one to say something'

Then it gets put on your ass.

If you trying to eat and relax at the end the day you don't want that kind of responsibility.

You cant be on the clock 24/7 supervising people.

That's the real reason why it doesn't work.

People got to draw boundaries,

And I think that's what you are seeing day to day.

That s the problem you got at BigCorp

Thats the problem you got in the military and .gov

Thats the problem you got working at any large organization.

And I;m sure people at small and medium companies are like wtf we talking about. These people are crazy and suck.

So if you think what is being said on here is off the wall, then consider yourself lucky you've never had to deal with it.
maroon barchetta
713nervy said:

Some beta shares a virtue signaling attention hooring social media post berating men who won't have 1-on-1 meetings with female employees.

He projects that it's because they can't be trusted.

He doesn't touch in the fact that there are women who will "me too" anybody they can for a promotion or a settlement or to get someone fired as some sort of feminist power trip.

And you go straight to bagging on men.

Calm down, sweetie. You're hysterical.
jokershady
AG
713nervy said:

Women are trash. This ****ing sandwich.
Ryan the Temp
AG
maroon barchetta said:

713nervy said:

Some beta shares a virtue signaling attention hooring social media post berating men who won't have 1-on-1 meetings with female employees.

He projects that it's because they can't be trusted.

He doesn't touch in the fact that there are women who will "me too" anybody they can for a promotion or a settlement or to get someone fired as some sort of feminist power trip.

And you go straight to bagging on men.

Calm down, sweetie. You're hysterical.
Yep. The attitude that only men are trash and must be responsible for this stuff all the time and people never make stuff up is the reason I was a hair's breath away from getting fired just so my employer could "play it safe" and make it go away. That's an experience that changes your entire perspective and approach to the workplace.

And you know what else? Sometimes women are trash. My first supervisor at a certain government agency sexually harrassed me all the time. The things she said and did were so vulgar typing them here would probably land me a ban. I never reported it because of attitudes like this - certainly a woman would NEVER be trashy and do that, right? I doubted anyone would have believed me, so I looked for a new job when she started trying to get me fired for refusing her advances.
Ags4DaWin
Ryan34 said:

I meet with all my employees 1 on 1 at least every month, including females. But I'm not ugly so no issues thus far.

(Real answer - just be professional. It's not that hard.)

Ummm as has been posted on here with anecdotal evidence false accusations happen.

To give you some perspective on the mind set of some women:

DNA evidence shows between 20 and 25% of all kids born have the wrong father's name on the certificate. there are a significant percentage of women who don't think twice about lying about something life changing and ruining a man's life.

Then there was that A&M athlete that got accused of rape and almost thrown out because of a chick who got mad that she didn't rate more than a tinder one nighter.....

Then take Johnny Depp...sure the guy is a ******....but Amber was the one beating him. She admitted to it on tape....and then she has the balls to say "Tell them I hit you. Who are they going to believe? Are they gonna believe that a man is getting hit?"

And then you get a glimpse of what goes through their minds.

Statistically 75-85% of women would not do such a thing.

But take that 20-25% and then take a woman who got a bad annual review and thinks she can get back at you for it without suffering any consequences whatsoever for lying(which thanks to today's society she probably won't)....and well 20-25% is too big of a risk.

Never alone after hours.

Never behind a closed door without a witness in the room.

It's just not smart.

Because as a society we are no longer "beyond a reasonable doubt"

Companies demand that we "believe all women" and "me too"
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

DNA evidence shows between 20 and 25% of all kids born have the wrong father's name on the certificate.
Ags4DaWin
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

DNA evidence shows between 20 and 25% of all kids born have the wrong father's name on the certificate.

https://genealogy.stackexchange.com/questions/9839/do-we-have-more-female-than-male-ancestors#:~:text=%22Citing%20recent%20DNA%20research%2C%20Dr,40%20percent%20of%20men%20did.%22

You have 2 times as many female ancestors as male ancestors. This is due to 2 reasons: 1) some men historically had more than 1 wife- this explains a large part of that number but not all. 2) a large group of men had kids with women and the kids were then raised by other men (not the biological father).

There is argument about the number of misattributed Paternity. Of all paternity tests between 30-35%% come back negative. Which skews good sample data as people who are less likely to "know" who the father is are more likely to have these tests. Also skewing the data is the fact that a man in a relationship he thought was monogamous is also less likely to have a paternity test done. That being said the latter situation happens less frequently than the former.

What we are seeing though is that there are plenty of stories of kids doing ancestry testing for fun to discover that dad is not dad or that granddad is not grandad somewhere down the line as they get hits for relatives- cousins, half brothers, etc thay are nowhere on the family tree. There is a reason for the milk man/post man/door to door salesman trope.

Studies show in some countries misattributed Paternity is as low as 2%. Most of these studies rely on self reported data among women who will state whether or not they had multiple sexual partners at the time of conception and then get their figures from that. However women also underreport number of sexual partners as well as the incidence of cheating on self reported studies which rely on the honesty of the people surveyed.....so the reliability of those is questionable as well.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.....my 20-25% was probably high for todays numbers..... Although with how rampant baby mama situations are today who knows?

I can see the number possibly being lower- 7-15% would probably be a more reasonably conservative estimate.

However that being the case.....that is still a significant portion of the population who has no qualms over making a selfish decision for their own benefit that will have far reaching negative implications for another person's entire life.

Which is the realm where false harrassment claims falls into.

That being said- Men (and women) who use their positions of power to sexually harass coworkers or subordinates are awful human beings and deserve to have the book thrown at them.

However as has been said on here, the pendulum has definitely shifted whereas women felt like they had to WRONGFULLY put up with that behavior in the past, we are now at a place where the burden of proving innocence is on the accused.

For example, the pseudo courts at universities that have been set up where the burden of proof is on the guy to prove his innocence or get kicked out of school.

The case of the Duke LaCrosse players, the Rolling Stone Fake Rape story of "Jackie", etc.....all examples of false accusations.

The point I was making is that the vast majority of women would never make a false accusations of sexual harrassment to hurt their boss or a coworker.

But there is a smaller percentage who have no issue with it. And while that percentage is small in comparison to the percentage who would never do such a horrible thing, it's a larger percentage of women than most people realize or like to admit.

And most men are too dense to be able to spot which women are the kind who would. So even if the number of women who would ruin a guy's life just out of spite mirrors the absolute lowest possibility of that 2% paternity fraud nuber, would you ever needlessly put yourself In a situation where there is a 2% chance your career is ruined?

It's best not to take risks because all it takes is one false accusation to **** up your career in today's climate.

Just ask Johnny Depp.
Irish 2.0
713nervy said:

And women are money grubbing hoars…Can thank the false accusations in the me too movement for this reaction.
SockDePot
There is a female in our office that has put in multiple "complaints on behalf" of other females.

The females actually involved in the situation dismiss them with HR, then she says it's because they're afraid to say anything. She even told another female that she does it so there are HR events in the file, so if the company ever tries to terminate her, there are documented issues in her file for a lawsuit.

Been going on for years, it has worked out pretty well for her
Decay
AG
Also this should be something that women celebrate. If they are worried about predatory men, then it's going to eliminate those situations if this becomes the norm.

The only reason to fight this is either they truly can handle themselves and want the same competitive opportunities to network and work people skills, or they're grifters. And I'm not going to apologize to the second group. I feel legitimately bad for the first group as they have done everything the right way but we all know bad actors ruin things for everyone.
Stat Monitor Repairman
100% true.

France has banned paternity testing for this very reason. You've got to get a judge to order it and there's got to be a special reason for it.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
713nervy said:

Women create the world in which they wish to live and then shriek in horror at the world they created.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I'm tired of this thread being used as a means to trash women.
Irish 2.0

All most posters are doing is stating what the reaction was to the action.

#BelieveAllWomen and #MeToo was an action that created the reaction of not wanting to be alone with a female colleague. You can be one of the nicest, most sincere people that has never said or done a bad thing to a colleague, but an accusation is enough to torpedo not just a career, but a life. Why create a situation that would create such an opportunity?

He said, she said. Unfortunately we as a society have accepted guilty until proven innocent when it involves something sexual, so people have gone to the extreme to not allow an opportunity to present itself.
John Vorster
713nervy said:

Meanwhile why cant I find a good man I just want bf
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

All most posters are doing is stating what the reaction was to the action.

#BelieveAllWomen and #MeToo was an action that created the reaction of not wanting to be alone with a female colleague. You can be one of the nicest, most sincere people that has never said or done a bad thing to a colleague, but an accusation is enough to torpedo not just a career, but a life. Why create a situation that would create such an opportunity?

He said, she said. Unfortunately we as a society have accepted guilty until proven innocent when it involves something sexual, so people have gone to the extreme to not allow an opportunity to present itself
Spot on. Protect your family and yourself at all costs bros. We live in post due process/justice era. The current generation will ruin your life for using politically incorrect (yet grammatically correct) pronouns and then brag about it on the internet.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Any kind of sexual harassment allegation in the workplace is a career killer. Thats been my observation.

I've seen people with an alcohol problems go to rehab then come back to work and everybody is supportive.

I've seen people be negligent and make mistakes that cost 7-figures to fix.

I've even seen people with serious ethical violations redeem themselves and work their way back up.

But if you ever accused of sexual harassment at work, you done. Don't ever come back.
jokershady
AG
truth. hell take it a step further just with dating....

my kids (3 all boys) are too young to be dating but my wife and i have already agreed that when that time comes there's going to be a long discussion about consent and it'll basically boil down to getting a text message or something in writing from the female before you do anything....

and if they don't like it then tough....way too risky now especially with teens and making decisions they later regret and making it the guys fault it happened....
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

my kids (3 all boys) are too young to be dating but my wife and i have already agreed that when that time comes there's going to be a long discussion about consent and it'll basically boil down to getting a text message or something in writing from the female before you do anything....
you know there's a school of thought that says to wait until marriage.

Its interesting that these ancient nuggets of wisdom have become imminently practicable in this godless time.
maroon barchetta

Hey White Knight, the single ladies here aren't interested in you.
Stat Monitor Repairman
It's not about sex. It's about women feeling safe in the workplace. And its about women's fundamental right to use sex both as a sword, and as a shield.

So if pointing that out is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG

It's not about sex. It's about women feeling safe in the workplace. And its about women's fundamental right to use sex both as a sword, and as a shield.

So if pointing that out is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Well good news, youre wrong.
agracer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I would do the same. Women have no one to blame but the women that have falsely accused men for years of indiscretions that never happened. Guilty until proven innocent is the way things seem to go these days when it comes to anything sexual in nature at the workplace. So, don't allow any opportunities for it to be created.

Is it fair; probably not. It might lead to women being looked over and not afforded similar opportunities to work projects with the leaders. Is it smart; ABSO-****ING-LUTELY!
. Don't forget spiteful ex-wives lying in child custody hearings to use children as a weapon against their former husbands….
Stat Monitor Repairman
I've seen this happen more than any other thing.

It's SOP in a solid percentage of divorce cases and should terrify anyone with kids and a flakey soon to be x-wife.

If that's you … protect yourself.
el bee
AG
i have not been on the GB in months and whooooo this thread is problematic
Stat Monitor Repairman
I'm shocked that it's still going with the amount of filth being spewed on here.
jokershady
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Quote:

Its interesting that these ancient nuggets of wisdom have become imminently practicable in this godless time.
Oh I 100% agree with that and we'll be preaching that in our house.

But still those nuggets around consent are still going to be given.
Irish 2.0
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Quote:

I ain't taking the car home until I see how it performs out of the garage.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG

I'm shocked that it's still going with the amount of filth being spewed on here.
People are saying things I dont agree with, they must be stopped! Are you real?

Theyre not going to f you, bro. "Women should use their sexuality in the workplace as a sword". What the **** are you even saying.
Stat Monitor Repairman

True.

You drive off the lot with one of these jobs and it's real expensive to get out of.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.