"If you don't want to 1-1 work meetings/lunches with women, it is discrimination"

11,737 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by diehard03
Ryan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

(Real answer - just be professional. It's not that hard.)

What's not that hard, pervert?

*Points at crotch.*

Secret to my successfully avoiding accusations really.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Ryan34 said:

I meet with all my employees 1 on 1 at least every month, including females. But I'm not ugly so no issues thus far.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how professional you are. The bad employees always try to find an angle. I've been accused of discrimination many times by employees who received corrective action. At one point I was accused of racism by a white lady. I got to the point where I always either had a witness or left the door open where my assistant could hear everything.
Ryan34
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Ryan34 said:

I meet with all my employees 1 on 1 at least every month, including females. But I'm not ugly so no issues thus far.

Tell that to people that have had their careers and lives ruined by false accusations.

I know that unfortunately does happen. Before I ever meet with someone, I tell them what we'll discuss and whether they'd be more comfortable with door open or closed. But a lot then to be virtual now too.
Ryan34
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Ryan34 said:

Sometimes it doesn't matter how professional you are. The bad employees always try to find an angle. I've been accused of discrimination many times by employees who received corrective action. At one point I was accused of racism by a white lady. I got to the point where I always either had a witness or left the door open where my assistant could hear everything.

I saw your reply on the first page, and I'm really sorry that happened to you. Some people just suck.
Stat Monitor Repairman
You want to be a professional. Act like a professional.

Don't even sniff the the direction of a co-worker. Don't even think about it.

You got to burn the devil's hand, theres a sexually oriented business in every town. Use it.

You on per diem, that's what its there for.

Stop trying to be cheap ass, staying up late scamming on coworkers.

I ain't saying go crazy with it either. Deal with the situation then get back to the hotel, lay up and be fresh for in the morning. Ain't no need to make things awkward with Brenda or whoever. Thats your best bet in almost every scenario. Trust me.

You'll come back on here and thank me later.
jokershady
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

I've been on the receiving end of a false sexual harassment complaint from a woman who worked for me and received corrective action. I was treated like a guilty mofo every step of the way and had no recourse but to tell them I was a big 'mo as the only means of saving my job.

I don't blame these men. It's a simple case of somebody went off and ruined it for everybody else.
im confused….what's a big 'mo?
Beer Baron
AG
HOMO HE'S A BIG HOMOSEXUAL.
Irish 2.0
jokershady said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I've been on the receiving end of a false sexual harassment complaint from a woman who worked for me and received corrective action. I was treated like a guilty mofo every step of the way and had no recourse but to tell them I was a big 'mo as the only means of saving my job.

I don't blame these men. It's a simple case of somebody went off and ruined it for everybody else.

He's a dude that likes other dudes
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

AliasMan02
AG
Wait... WHAT?!
Irish 2.0
TexasRebel
AG
jokershady
AG
I did not realize 'mo was short for that…..I've been away from the general board for too long….
LupinusTexensis
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

You want to be a professional. Act like a professional.

Don't even sniff the the direction of a co-worker. Don't even think about it.

You got to burn the devil's hand, theres a sexually oriented business in every town. Use it.

You on per diem, that's what its there for.

Stop trying to be cheap ass, staying up late scamming on coworkers.

I ain't saying go crazy with it either. Deal with the situation then get back to the hotel, lay up and be fresh for in the morning. Ain't no need to make things awkward with Brenda or whoever. Thats your best bet in almost every scenario. Trust me.

You'll come back on here and thank me later.

Are you the sales guy that got way too excited to learn that prostitution is legal in NZ and slipped out of dinner a little early???
Decay
AG
jokershady said:

I did not realize 'mo was short for that…..I've been away from the general board for too long….
Don't feel bad, it made me realize that they literally put a gay joke in the Simpsons for YEARS and I never noticed.
Stat Monitor Repairman
You still mad about it?
AliasMan02
AG
Wait wait what of it's a 2-on-1 dinner?
AgEng06
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

Best part of this thread.... so far.

That and TR trying to find a way to get a job with LT's company.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Are you the sales guy that got way too excited to learn that prostitution is legal in NZ and slipped out of dinner a little early???

If you know of a better way to get your kiwis tickled behind a dumpster I'd love to hear it.
Ryan the Temp
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Wait wait what of it's a 2-on-1 dinner?
Everyone loves a good spit roast, amirite?
TexasRebel
AG
Decay said:

jokershady said:

Don't feel bad, it made me realize that they literally put a gay joke in the Simpsons for YEARS and I never noticed.

The Flaming Homer/Mo?

How did anyone miss that.
TexasRebel
AG
AgEng06 said:

That and TR trying to find a way to get a job with LT's company.

How can they afford not to hire me?
Madmarttigan
AG
This thread turned amazing
aglaohfour
AG
I worked in the corporate world for 13 years before becoming self employed. I can't think of a job I've ever had where some man, at some point, didn't try something inappropriate (usually while traveling). For the most part I feel like they were just idiots who didn't actually know they were making me uncomfortable. There were a couple of exceptions; men who wouldn't back off when asked nicely or even directly told to pack sand and that sucked. But I never reported anyone.

During that time, at least where I worked, it was incredibly rare for women to complain and was almost always a career killer if you did. We were kind of expected to just get on with life. Now I feel like the pendulum has swung way too far the other direction and If I were a man in these times, I wouldn't be alone with a female subordinate, ever. "Alone" in public, okay. In a private office with the door open, sure. But truly alone? Nope. Any woman who has been in the workforce long enough should recognize that this isn't discrimination, it's just common sense.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I don't go to work to make friends and I don't socialize with coworkers outside of work, even if we were on a work trip together. I even go so far as to block them from seeing my social media. I've been accused of being a stand-offish ***** because of it, but it's for my own protection.
Irish 2.0
Ryan the Temp said:

I don't go to work to make friends and I don't socialize with coworkers outside of work, even if we were on a work trip together. I even go so far as to block them from seeing my social media. I've been accused of being a stand-offish ***** because of it, but it's for my own protection.

Can't handle the truth huh?!
Ryan the Temp
AG
Well, I am, but it's not becuase of that.
Stat Monitor Repairman
A big problem I see is that people want to be one of the guys ... until they don't want to be one of the guys.

And you never know when that might be.

So your best bet is to get the work done, tap out and ... live to fight another day.

Ain't nothing unprofessional about that.

Coworkers be mad about it, but what you gonna do?

It's a hard lesson to learn, and it's one that best be learned early on in your career.
deer corn
javajaws said:

It's not discriminatory if you treat men and women equally. So no 1-1 meetings in private with either and you are fine.

This. Every leader needs a secretary/assistant/note taker. Why not just say "I don't do 1:1 meetings and have someone present to take notes for posterity."

I agree though, that women are scandalous and I wouldn't trust any of them in a 1:1 setting.
deer corn
Also, Robert Sweeney looks to me like no women are accusing him of anything except having better accessories.
maroon barchetta
Ryan the Temp said:

I think I have one person at work as a social media friend. And we aren't that close really.

The rest I just decline friend requests and tell them I try to keep work at work and not mix personal life in there.
Ryan34
AG
You people sound miserable to work with.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

Ryan the Temp said:

But were you hammered in Thailand watching ping pings fly across the room?

I don't know what this means.

And I'm scared to ask.
Irish 2.0
Dr. Mephisto said:

LupinusTexensis said:

Ryan the Temp said:

And I'm scared to ask.

The best ping pong players in the world are the women (possibly men) in Thailand…and they don't use paddles.
LupinusTexensis
Irish 2.0 said:

Dr. Mephisto said:

LupinusTexensis said:

Ryan the Temp said:

And I'm scared to ask.

The best ping pong players in the world are the women (possibly men) in Thailand…and they don't use paddles.

The men are prettier than the girls

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.