Something You've Done No One Else Here Has Done

57,864 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Max Power
LPHA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rolf was the best of us
maroon barchetta
LPHA said:

Rolf was the best of us

He is a gentleman and a scholar.
bone.
AG
- surf off of a volcanic beach in Taiwan

- camp at toe of rock glacier near Ouray, CO

- handle/study manatee bones
nai06
AG
Charpie said:

That was a good sock.

As was Wrong thread Ryan
And A Williams Pear

Sports Alicia was also a favorite of mine
strbrst777
Saw john F. Kennedy 10 minutes or less before he was killed at Dallas. I was watching the motorcade pass. I was standing on the corner of Pacific and N. Central.
Larry S Ross
AG
You know I'm old but this is a great topic. Makes you think of good things in your life. I will add a couple to my sang a duet w Lynn Anderson answer.

I had to be rescued from a flooded Santa Elena canyon raft trip because we got caught in flood waters.

I hit a golf ball off the roof of shell Oil building in downtown Houston.
I sat in Ken Lay's desk at the Enron buildyafter they went out of business.

I saw up close Richard Nixon when he opened up his the damn at Lake Amistad in Del Rio.
No one will remember this guy but I had lunch with the actor that played the bartender on the Fess Parker tv show Daniel Boone in the 60s.

Edit. I had to look it up. Dal McKinnon played Cincinatus on the Daniel Boone tv series.
Good Day.
rlb28
AG
Witnessed an execution
scd88
AG
MooreTrucker said:

scd88 said:

Also got married to the the same girl twice in a span of three weeks.
How exactly does this work?

Catholic wedding in her small Illinois town on August 12th; followed a larger Indian wedding in Houston on September 3rd.

Signed,

Moore Hall Trucker Class of '88
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Touched Richard Nixon
Whaler
AG

Went out with actress Robyn Bernard (known mostly for her role as Terry O'Connor on General Hospital)…
Drawkcab
Beat Super C on the NES with 1 life.
HossAg
AG
Hit Master rank in Apex Legends.
scd88
AG
rlb28 said:

Witnessed an execution

This is an interesting one. Damn.
wbt5845
AG
strbrst777 said:

Saw john F. Kennedy 10 minutes or less before he was killed at Dallas. I was watching the motorcade pass. I was standing on the corner of Pacific and N. Central.
You've mentioned this before. I think it was less than 10 minutes.

I knew the Catholic priest, Fr. Huber, from Holy Trinity who said Last Rites for Kennedy. He saw him driving past his church on the way downtown. When they heard the news flash, he knew his parish covered Parkland so he grabbed his kit and drove up.

Here's an interview with him.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/sites/default/files/archives/JFKOH/Huber%2C%20Oscar%20L/JFKOH-OLH-01/JFKOH-OLH-01-TR.pdf
wbt5845
AG
Whaler said:

Went out with actress Robyn Bernard (known mostly for her role as Terry O'Connor on General Hospital)…
Username does NOT check out

rlb28
AG
scd88 said:

rlb28 said:

Witnessed an execution

This is an interesting one. Damn.
April 15th 1988- San Antonio, Texas

In the early morning hours of April 15th 1988, Leopoldo Narvaiz Jr barged into the trailer home of his ex- girlfriend, Shannon Mann, aged 17, and killed her along with her sisters, Jennifer, 19; Martha, 15; and brother, Ernest Jr., 11.

Shannon Mann had known Leopoldo for about 3 years and the two had been romantically involved. Shannon broke up with Leopoldo 2 months prior to the murders.

High on cocaine and after downing 3 6-packs of beer in the early hours of April 15th 1988, Narvaiz barged into the trailer home and murdered the family with butcher knives before fleeing the premises. The victims had over 100 stab wounds combined, and several of the knives had broken off in the victims bodies.

Unbeknownst to Leopoldo, after he left the trailer that night Shannon crawled to the phone and called 9-1-1 reporting the murders and identified Leopoldo Narvaiz as the attacker. She told the dispatcher "My boyfriend just beat us up, He's killed my little sister. Please hurry. Please hurry."

When Leopoldo was arrested he still didn't know that Shannon had identified him and he told police during his interview that he wasn't the one who had committed the murders, that two unknown men had demanded that he take them to Shannon's house and that they were the killers.

Leopoldo Narvaiz was charged with the crimes and sentenced to death. A week after Narvaiz's conviction, the distraught father of the 4 murder victims got himself arrested on a theft charge so he could get inside the Bexar County Jail in hopes of killing Narvaiz; unknown to Ernest Mann Sr., however, the convicted killer had been transferred to death row 24 hours earlier.

Leopoldo Narvaiz was Executed by lethal injection in Texas on June 26, 1998.
MooreTrucker
AG
scd88 said:

MooreTrucker said:

scd88 said:

Also got married to the the same girl twice in a span of three weeks.
How exactly does this work?

Catholic wedding in her small Illinois town on August 12th; followed a larger Indian wedding in Houston on September 3rd.

Signed,

Moore Hall Trucker Class of '88

BMF!!!
war hymn aggie
AG
unassisted triple play when I was in Little League.
HossAg
AG
war hymn aggie said:

unassisted triple play when I was in Little League.

CoachtobeNamed$$$
spud1910 said:

tk for tu juan said:

120 km/h is not fast for the autobahn
Yeah, but that was mph. Over 190 km/h. And too fast in a Ford Fiesta.
I'm impressed. That's crazy in a Fiesta. I hit 157mph/252kph on 130 heading toward Lockhart, but that was in a CLS63 AMG. Months later at a convenience store a DPS Trooper asked me how fast I had ever driven it. Told him the truth. He just smiled and said, "That's moving! Nice car."
maroon barchetta
Wow. Dad's plan to kill him in prison was just off on the timing a little bit.
maroon barchetta
Drawkcab said:

Beat Super C on the NES with 1 life.

Playing Konami Quarterback, ran a qb sneak every play but ran it around in trying to be Bucky.

Ran for over 1,000yds one game, scoring on pretty much every carry. Returned a number of picks for td's.

Won 297-0 by missing a long field goal as time expired.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
maroon barchetta said:

Even so, someone in there for theft is very unlikely to come into contact with someone being held for capital murder, even if they are in the same jail at the same time.
randy828
AG
Blacque Jacque Shallaque said:

Ate a steak that was cooked for me by Chuck Norris.
That must have been one tough steak!

I forgot to mention, I had beers with Henry Thomas at the old Texas Hall of Fame.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
maroon barchetta
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

maroon barchetta said:

Even so, someone in there for theft is very unlikely to come into contact with someone being held for capital murder, even if they are in the same jail at the same time.

If someone stabbed my kids over 100 times until they died I, too, would not be thinking clearly or planning effectively.

He did try to save the tax payers millions of dollars so he could be considered to have sound fiscal policy.
wbt5845
AG
rlb28 said:

A week after Narvaiz's conviction, the distraught father of the 4 murder victims got himself arrested on a theft charge so he could get inside the Bexar County Jail in hopes of killing Narvaiz;.

MooreTrucker
AG
randy828 said:

Blacque Jacque Shallaque said:

Ate a steak that was cooked for me by Chuck Norris.
That must have been one tough steak!
Nah, one roundhouse kick tenderized it better than pounding it with a meat hammer.
Sea Speed
AG
I read up on Gary plauche yesterday. I love that he got probation.
Sea Speed
AG
I was tattood in the traditional polynesian manner using hand carved boars tusk lashed to sticks and tapped in. This was done on a beach in Samoa.
Carlo4
AG
Ag with kids said:

Duncan Idaho said:

RealTalk said:

BenFiasco14 said:

I met Justice Clarence Thomas once. Anyone else met him?

Did he offer you a can of Coke?
wasn't it Pepsi?

Won't you gentlemen have a Pepsi?

Doctor
spud1910
AG
JimboFFisher said:

spud1910 said:

tk for tu juan said:

120 km/h is not fast for the autobahn
Yeah, but that was mph. Over 190 km/h. And too fast in a Ford Fiesta.
I'm impressed. That's crazy in a Fiesta. I hit 157mph/252kph on 130 heading toward Lockhart, but that was in a CLS63 AMG. Months later at a convenience store a DPS Trooper asked me how fast I had ever driven it. Told him the truth. He just smiled and said, "That's moving! Nice car."
Yeah, it didn't take long to realize the Fiesta was not designed for that kind of speed.
wangus12
AG
- Delivered a baby in the back of an ambulance.
- Been shot at in the back of an ambulance
- Climbed above 20k feet (also farthest land point away from the center of the earth)
- Been dropped 100m offshore by an Irish fishing boat and had to swim the rest of the way in when I was hiking the west coast of Ireland
chico
AG
wangus12 said:

- Climbed above 20k feet (also farthest land point away from the center of the earth)
- Been dropped 100m offshore by an Irish fishing boat and had to swim the rest of the way in when I was hiking the west coast of Ireland
damn cold water in Ireland. What did you do to get thrown off the boat?
07ag
AG
Kyle Field national anthem flyover

WARNING: LOUD

https://ts.la/eric59704
maroon barchetta
chico said:

wangus12 said:

damn cold water in Ireland. What did you do to get thrown off the boat?

Told them his name was Slicer97

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.