Are you friends with co workers ?

4,838 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Drawkcab
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

hedge - i'm your buddy at work dammit. drinks friday are on me!

you are running for governor m-****er! we gotta get this **** started.
That's brilliant!!!

The Governors Mansion comes rent free. The bitter olds on here will have a collective aneurysm over Hedge living in a mansion on their dime.
hedge owns the gb....
Builder93
AG
All I know is that I'd rather be friends with the people on the GB than with the greatest people on Earth.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
hedge said:

I don't think I could perform my job if I was awkward, I'm a natural people's person but I'm highly introverted. I need to re-charge pretty much every day after dealing with clients all day
Charpie
AG
To answer the OP, yeah, I'm friends with co-workers. I'm still friends with people from my very first job all the way to my current one. It's pretty cool
BoydCrowder13
I add a few close friends at every job I've had. I'm pretty outgoing at work and have always enjoying forging friendships with coworkers. Makes going to work much more enjoyable and the teams operate even better.
jokershady
AG
Friendly with them and keep it professional....I see you enough during the day don't want to hang out with you more outside of work.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Old RV Ag said:

Corn Pop said:

hedge said:

I don't think I could perform my job if I was awkward, I'm a natural people's person but I'm highly introverted. I need to re-charge pretty much every day after dealing with clients all day

Exactly the same. My wife says I have an on switch. Extremely social, life of the party but it certainly isn't my natural state.
Likely, the switch is labeled C2H5OH

Even more likely, she is saying your deek looks like a light switch.
infinity ag
Some more than others but most of them I don't trust. They could be leaking conversations to the boss or someone else. Some bait you so they can get sound bites.

Ag with kids
AG
My last job I worked at for 17 years. I had a number of people I was work friends with but only a couple that I'd consider closer than that...but that's because we worked on a number of air shows together so we hung out a bunch during those times.

Of course, that job was a big aero company like the others I'd worked at with thousands of employees.

Now, I work for a small research center based out of TAMUCC. I literally know every single person I work with - and can tell you who is at work when I arrive based on their cars in the parking lot.

We're all a lot more close knit than my other companies. I'm actually pretty good friends with my boss and he's been over numerous times hanging out (I've got the pool and the boat).
Cromagnum
AG
Can you tell a coworker the same thing you can tell a friend without getting fired? If not, your coworker is not your friend.
ac04
friends with a very select few. work me is much different than real me, can't have too many people knowing the difference.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
ac04 said:

friends with a very select few. work me is much different than real me, can't have too many people knowing the difference.

I like to be myself at work, so when co-workers or my boss hear stories about me through the grapevine instead of being surprised or shocked they'll either already know, or be like, yeah, that sounds about right.
Drawkcab
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

I'm friends with my co-workers, we usually will all go out to the bar about once a week, and go on hunting and fishing trips together (that the company pays for).

Start having everyone pay for themselves and see how many of your "friends" show up.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.