Grown women who call their bf/spouse "daddy"

8,405 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
Leeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bruce Almighty said:

What's wrong with mom and dad?
I don't know, what is wrong with your mom and dad ?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Leeman said:

Bruce Almighty said:

What's wrong with mom and dad?
I don't know, what is wrong with your mom and dad ?

Embarrassed of their children
austinag1997
AG
Responding to an above post. I dont see a problem with it, obviously.
Captain Pablo
AG
austinag1997 said:

Responding to an above post. I dont see a problem with it, obviously.

But why would you think others have a problem with it?
austinag1997
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Flashdiaz said:

almost as bad as grown people referring to the parents as Mom and Dad in a social setting.

but the cringiest is people who say they are going on dates with their kids.
How should grown people refer to their parents?

Captain Pablo
AG
Flashdiaz said:

almost as bad as grown people referring to the parents as Mom and Dad in a social setting.

What are grown people supposed to call their parents?
rlb28
AG
NoahAg said:

Not as weird as parents who call their children "mami" or "poppi." That seems to be a Mexican thing.
or boo
hph6203
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Flashdiaz said:

The only interpretation of that post that I can come up with that makes any sense is a person referring to their kids mom/dad as mom/dad rather than their name to anyone other than their kid.

Like Karen and Doug are at a party and they have a kid together, Doug's talking to Jeff and saying they have to leave early so Karen can get up early tomorrow to take little Tommy to go see the doctor, but instead of saying Karen has to take Tommy to the doctor he says Mom has to take Tommy to the doctor.

That's being real generous with the grammar though.
Claude!
My grandparents used to address each other as Mom and Dad. "Well, Mom - where shall we eat for dinner?" "Dad, wake up and get out of your chair - it's time for bed."
Al Bula
AG
Claude! said:

Daddy sang bass
Mama sang tenor
between the sheets
Captain Pablo
AG
hph6203 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Flashdiaz said:

The only interpretation of that post that I can come up with that makes any sense is a person referring to their kids mom/dad as mom/dad rather than their name to anyone other than their kid.

Like Karen and Doug are at a party and they have a kid together, Doug's talking to Jeff and saying they have to leave early so Karen can get up early tomorrow to take little Tommy to go see the doctor, but instead of saying Karen has to take Tommy to the doctor he says Mom has to take Tommy to the doctor.

That's being real generous with the grammar though.

Claude!
Ocean Of Funk said:

Claude! said:

Daddy sang bass
Mama sang tenor
between the sheets
Just so long as you and little brother don't join right in there. That'd be wrong on multiple levels.
Bondag
AG
Eliminatus said:

Still not as bad as kissing your kids on the lips. I will pivot your post OP and address this like I do every chance I get now. It is wrong and bad and gross and needs to be stopped.
What is wrong with that?

Anchorhold
Yes. It's very weird to refer to an S/O as "daddy".

It is also weird to kiss children on the lips.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Claude! said:

My grandparents used to address each other as Mom and Dad. "Well, Mom - where shall we eat for dinner?" "Dad, wake up and get out of your chair - it's time for bed."

I think this is an older generation thing as my parents did that and so did my wife's parents. "Mom, we're going to baseball practice" or Dad, I'm going to the grocery store" was pretty common in my house as a kid. My wife and I don't do that though.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Claude! said:

I think this is an older generation thing as my parents did that and so did my wife's parents. "Mom, we're going to baseball practice" or Dad, I'm going to the grocery store" was pretty common in my house as a kid. My wife and I don't do that though.

My wife and I do it. We aren't that old.
AgsMyDude
AG
Claude! said:

This one is more common that you think.
Claude!
AgsMyDude said:

Claude! said:

This one is more common that you think.

Nah, my grandparents were one of a kind.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Flashdiaz said:

How should grown people refer to their parents?

Maybe they're referring to the slight, but notable difference of "mom" vs. "my mom". If I'm talking to a neighbor and I say, "I went to see mom the other day", that sounds far weirder than saying, "I went to see MY mom the other day". That's the only thing I can think of.
Drawkcab
AggieBand2004 said:

I dated a woman who called me daddy in the bedroom.
To put it simply, she didn't get another opportunity. It turned out to be much more awkward than I would have expected

Sorry about the bad sex. Must have been or she would have gotten another opportunity no matter what she called you and you know it.
Burrus86
AG
I don't understand the hate for older, rich men, particularly an Aggie such as myself, dating hot, young females who call me "daddy." The young ladies can continue to do so until I get tired of them and move on to the next one.
ag88man
AG
I feel like this belongs here.

CoachtobeNamed$$$
Burrus86 said:

I don't understand the hate for older, rich men, particularly an Aggie such as myself, dating hot, young females who call me "daddy." The young ladies can continue to do so until I get tired of them and move on to the next one.
They're hating because most older guys either don't have game or live a sexless life with old ball 'n chain who gave up sex 10 years ago. The younger guys hate because you're banging their wives hottest friend whom they fantasize about as they rub one out.
Anchorhold
To be clear, the OP's question was if it was weird, not if it was wrong.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yes. Yes it does.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.