White People: what's your go to Mayo brand?

6,657 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jwright4288
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hwy30East said:

Hellmans

The correct answer.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Beer Baron said:

Anyone else grow up white trash and not realize miracle whip and mayonnaise were different things until they got to college and became fancy?
All we ever had growing up was Miracle Whip. Parents called it mayonnaise. I grew up hating "mayonnaise". Got married and my wife taught me the difference. I discovered that I do like mayonnaise, I hated Miracle Whip.
MouthBQ98
AG
I used to like it as a kid but I don't eat the stuff now. Long ago, I replaced it with a bit of mashed spread avocado on sandwiches or burgers. Plus yellow mustard.
TXAG 05
AG
Beer Baron said:

Anyone else grow up white trash and not realize miracle whip and mayonnaise were different things until they got to college and became fancy?

Here. I always just thought it was the other brand of mayo. Hellmans and Miracle Whip is all I ever saw.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Builder93 said:

For the last year, every two months, my wife and I get an Amazon order (from some random person) with this Mayo and a shaker of black pepper. This Mayo is the absolute worst.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Hellman's only. Miracle whip is not to be consumed for any reason ever.
CaddoAggie96
AG
Kraft on everything.

I was told the difference between MWhip and mayo about 6th grade. I came home from my friends house and mom asked if we had a good time. I told her yes we did but the sandwiches were not very good. She then told me that they used mwhip and not mayo.
Made sense.
bam02
AG
Hellman's. The trick to mayonnaise is that you can't have too
much. No such thing!
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

My great grandmother would make us miracle whip and vienny weenie sandwiches for lunch because that's what the rich folk in town ate and she liked to spoil us kids.
Greatness.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Saltine Crackers + Mayo + Peanut Butter is delicious, regardless of the brand.
hsjnlssmith89
AG
Mayonnaise = Boring
Miracle Whip = Taste bud excitement

Seven Costanza
AG
I've never purchased mayo and have only eaten it incidentally when it just happened to be on whatever I ordered.
rwtxag83
AG
TxSquarebody said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

EOT
Spawn of the Devil himself
GAC06
AG
This was a clever post to make the WT poors out themselves
OasisMan
AG
B-1 83
AG
YellAgs said:

duke's

now, when you make a grilled cheese. use mayo instead of butter to toast it. thank me later.
I am intrigued by this grilled cheese prep...... anybody else do it?
OldArmyAggie94
AG
If you grew up in Texas in the 70's and 80's it was Miracle Whip. Never knew there was something different until a girl introduced me to real Hellman's Mayo when I was in my 20's. Now as an adult I have Miracle Whip and Hellman's. Also have bought Dukes.
ptothemo
AG
Count me in the crowd that didn't know that Miracle Whip and mayonnaise were different things until my early or mid teens. We always had MW in the frig, it was just inherently mayo, and pineapple, MW, and grated cheddar cheese salad was a staple.

I won't touch either of them now other than in dishes where there is plenty of other good stuff to cut the mayo or MW.
FIDO*98*
AG
B-1 83 said:

YellAgs said:

duke's

now, when you make a grilled cheese. use mayo instead of butter to toast it. thank me later.

This became a thing so I gave it a shot. Don't bother assuming you are using real butter. It's not turrible by any means, but, not even close to the real deal
Shakes the Clown
FIDO*98* said:

B-1 83 said:

YellAgs said:

duke's

This became a thing so I gave it a shot. Don't bother assuming you are using real butter. It's not turrible by any means, but, not even close to the real deal

I make my grilled cheese with one slice provolone and one sliced Gouda.

Then, I add a small parts pesto.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Shakes the Clown said:

FIDO*98* said:

B-1 83 said:

YellAgs said:

duke's

I make my grilled cheese with one slice provolone and one sliced Gouda.

Then, I add a small parts pesto.
Now you'll trigger the grilled cheese dorks that will say adding pesto makes it a panini.
Just Tired
King moto moto said:

Blue plate for me.

i have no opinion but i will say blue plate is definitely the mayo of the deep south.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Builder93 said:

I would have less of an objection to that if it weren't made with cage free eggs. I like my meat to taste like it was terrified.
FIDO*98*
AG
Miracle Whip was invented for lolpoors who couldn't afford real mayo. That's why it's still so prevalent in the white trash trailer park community. It's also why Kraft Mayo is so disgusting. Look it up if you don't believe me
TequilaMockingbird
*wypipo
Charpie
AG
Make your own. It's easy and cheap
Ogre09
AG
Kraft real mayo
Aggie97
AG
What I find funny is people who say they hate Mayo but will eat a bowl of Ranch Dressing
CoachtobeNamed$$$
BurnetAggie99 said:

Truly miracle sheeeit right there!
La Fours
AG
Yep. My wife is from Mississippi and Blue Plate is the only mayo her whole family will eat.
superunknown
AG
Miracle Whip kicks ass, mayo is gloppy weird congealed abscess leavings
BurnetAggie99
Some of my family members that like Mayo swear by Sir Kensington Classic Mayo. They say it's Better than all other Mayo brands.

Just Tired
BurnetAggie99 said:

Some of my family members that like Mayo swear by Sir Kensington Classic Mayo. They say it's Better than all other Mayo brands.

it does pair well with grey poupon.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Dos Tasadores De TAMU said:

Saltine Crackers + Mayo + Peanut Butter is delicious, regardless of the brand.
GAC06
AG
A socioeconomic scale based on mayonnaise preference, from Fully Enlightened to Trailer Park

Fully Enlightened

-Make your own mayo

-fancy brands

-Hellmans

-generic store brands

-Kraft (perfect for slathering on wonderbread, Kraft singles, and baloney for a processed food sandwich with an ingredient list longer than your diabetes medication)

-Miracle Whip (literally invented for people too poor to afford or appreciate real mayonnaise)

Full Trailer Park
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.