When to tuck shirt in

3,895 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by KidDoc
Mucho austin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whatever you do, don't button the buttons all the way to the top unless you are going to wear a tie
ABATTBQ11
AG
I prefer untucked. It's more comfortable.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Aquin said:

So go into your closet and count the number of Hawaiian print shirts that you have. If you have more than one, you are already fat.
This feels like a personal attack, and it's not wrong.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Shirt is never ever tucked in, unless I'm at the office, on the golf course (and even then, maybe only a 25% of the time), or the rare wedding / funeral.
IIIHorn
Who gives a shirt?
Ogre09
AG
If it has tails it should be tucked. If it has a straight hem it can be untucked.

Don't tuck a tshirt, you look like a dork.

Don't tuck a fishing shirt, it's supposed to be breezy and airy. And don't wear one to dress up.

Polos are a sometimes, depending on what pants/shorts you're wearing and the situation. They're about like jeans, can dress up or down a little.

Always tuck a dress shirt when wearing a suit or tie.
KidDoc
AG
Aquin said:

Ok boys now it is time for us to have a talk. I am 72 and still have a 34" waist because I have always worn a belt and tucked in my shirt.....I am sure it has something to do with a parochial school education.

Look belly fat is damn near impossible to lose. It is also deadly. Belts have notches. They are the early warning sign that you are turning into a slob. When you have to back off a notch you have added 5-10 pounds.

I think this practice of wearing your shirt tails out is the product of our obese society. The fat came first then everyone rationalize how good they looked when that hunk of protoplasm wasn't hanging over your belt. I know some of you are not concerned about fashion. So go into your closet and count the number of Hawaiian print shirts that you have. If you have more than one, you are already fat. I suggest that when you are the size of a sperm whale, a bold Hawaiian print might not be the best selection.

I appreciate that advise from an old fart is not generally well received among the intelligentsia on this board. Make a metal note. When you are 72, add up how many of your friends are already horizontal because of those conditions associated with being over weight.
This is a great post!

And I'm a fat dude but still find this post to be on the spot!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.