How is Seattle to live in?

9,245 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
BBRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Langenator said:

I do remember a funny story about one of the local Native tribes securing permission to hunt and kill an orca. Part of their heritage, rite of passage, and so on. I'm pretty sure the local enviro-types expected the hunt to be done from kayaks with hand thrown harpoons.

gray whale
Which is sort of crazy, because a .50 cal is going to kill a whale faster than the 20 harpoons or whatever they would have needed in the traditional method. I guess they thought Uncle Rico was leading the hunt.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Post removed:
by user
PeekingDuck
AG
I just read that Orca's aren't whales. Kind of blew my mind.
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
third coast.. said:

Aren't they porpoises?

They're dolphins that have been reporpoised.
LRHF
AG
I love visiting, had fun in my 20's/ 40's. Recently stayed in Spokane and the fires from Antifa were terrible. All that said, would happily live in East WA.
wbt5845
AG
Everyone up there will look at you funny if you call them a killer whale. That's a moniker made up by Sea World to make them seem more terrifying. They are actually the largest ocean dolphin.

They also have almost no interest in humans. I've been out kayaking and had a pod of them pass right under me. But when one of these big f-ers pops up about 100 feet from you, you sure do pucker up.

MGS
PeekingDuck said:

Yep, they're just really big fish.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
MGS said:

PeekingDuck said:

Yep, they're just really big fish.

Mammal !
- Jerry
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Do you watch news?

I was in Texas this past weekend and I had to explain to everyone that what you see on the news is localized to a very small area, an area where the vast majority of us don't live.

I wouldn't want to live in downtown Seattle either, but there are so many fantastic places to live I live in Issaquah in the mountains. I never run across any of the problems you see on the news, the only issue I have where I'm at is the smoke from wildfires down in Oregon.

When I got off the plane in Houston it was basically a punch to the face with heat and humidity. Why would anyone want to live in that hellish environment?
redline248
AG
The awesome texmex
AgLA06
AG
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Do you watch news?

I was in Texas this past weekend and I had to explain to everyone that what you see on the news is localized to a very small area, an area where the vast majority of us don't live.

I wouldn't want to live in downtown Seattle either, but there are so many fantastic places to live I live in Issaquah in the mountains. I never run across any of the problems you see on the news, the only issue I have where I'm at is the smoke from wildfires down in Oregon.

When I got off the plane in Houston it was basically a punch to the face with heat and humidity. Why would anyone want to live in that hellish environment?

Wait. You're argument is...

"They're only rioting and burning down part of our city. It's fine!"

"We can't go outside because of the massive amounts of smoke from wildfires, but it's no big deal."

"Why would anyone live in heat or humidity when they can live in cool, rainy, sunless suicide weather!"

This is what you're going with?!?

Well Super!
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
AgLA06 said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Do you watch news?

"We can't go outside because of the massive amounts of smoke from wildfires, but it's no big deal."

"Why would anyone live in heat or humidity when they can live in cool, rainy, sunless suicide weather!"

Well Super!

Lol, they haven't rioted or burned anything in Seattle for months. Seattle is not the same as Portland.
AgLA06
AG

AgLA06 said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Do you watch news?

Well Super!

Lol, they haven't rioted or burned anything in Seattle for months. Seattle is not the same as Portland.

They haven't rooted or burned anything in Houston and George Floyd's funeral was here. Houston is not the same as Seattle.
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
AgLA06 said:

AgLA06 said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Do you watch news?

Well Super!

They haven't rooted or burned anything in Houston and George Floyd's funeral was here. Houston is not the same as Seattle.

You're right... Houston is hot, humid, flat, ugly and prone to flooding
jm94
AG
My dad's in Houston, but he's moving up here after the new year. He says it's because old and wants to be a burden to me (his words), but regardless of why, that's one more Houston to Seattle transplant.

No one moves from Seattle to Houston.
BanderaAg956
It SUCKS, too expensive, drizzly rain 9 months of the year, stinks of pot and liberals!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
jm94
AG
I'm so very happy you don't like it.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I moved from Seattle to Dallas/Plano.
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
BanderaAg956 said:

It SUCKS, too expensive, drizzly rain 9 months of the year, stinks of pot and liberals!

This post would make sense if made on forum 16.

Btw, your signature is ridiculous. You aren't fighting *****.. this is a meaningless online forum that doesn't affect the real world in any meaningful way.
Daddy-O5
AG
I know several who have made the move from Seattle to Houston and vice versa. If we're being completely objective very few people who are raised in either place likely move to the other without specific cause/reason (work, family, etc.) because of the disparities between the two cities.

That said I've spent lots of time in and around Seattle, it really does suck for lots of reasons already listed. It's too bad, lots of great places in the state once you get out of the city. You could probably say the same thing about Houston as well.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I know several who have made the move from Seattle to Houston and vice versa. If we're being completely objective very few people who are raised in either place likely move to the other without specific cause/reason (work, family, etc.) because of the disparities between the two cities.
This is very accurate. While I was living in Seattle, locals asked how I could have lived in Texas. It's flat, hot, etc. I got back to Texas as soon as I could.
Daddy-O5
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

This is very accurate. While I was living in Seattle, locals asked how I could have lived in Texas. It's flat, hot, etc. I got back to Texas as soon as I could.
Whenever I'm traveling up north (especially the northeast) and people start giving me crap for being a real pansy about the cold weather, I invite them to come spend a week with me in Houston in August. The invite is usually quickly declined.
Post removed:
by user
AgLA06
AG

BanderaAg956 said:

Btw, your signature is ridiculous. You aren't fighting *****.. this is a meaningless online forum that doesn't affect the real world in any meaningful way.

So meaningless you keep coming back with new user names after getting banned.
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
third coast.. said:

The grounds at chateaux ste Michelle are beautiful.

Totally. That whole area in Woodinville is like a mini-Napa or Sonoma with all the wineries.
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
AgLA06 said:

BanderaAg956 said:

So meaningless you keep coming back with new user names after getting banned.

I've only been banned once, thank you very much.

And I am well-aware how meaningless my contributions to this forum are.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Totally. That whole area in Woodinville is like a mini-Napa or Sonoma with all the wineries.

The Red Hook brewery is right across the street from Chateau Ste. Michelle.
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

The Red Hook brewery is right across the street from Chateau Ste. Michelle.

Used to be, it was a great location but they moved into the city near Capitol Hill. Really dumb move on their part.
jickyjack1
jm94 said:

My dad's in Houston, but he's moving up here after the new year. He says it's because old and wants to be a burden to me (his words), but regardless of why, that's one more Houston to Seattle transplant.

Let's try to keep it that way.
jickyjack1
HollyB83
2 requirements
1. No testes / LGBQT
2. Can't bench press over 55 pound
Must meet 1 or 2
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
HollyB83 said:

2 requirements
1. No testes / LGBQT
2. Can't bench press over 55 pound
Must meet 1 or 2

Yea bro... I bet you bench 500

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.