Clute, Texas kids bear crawl until they get blisters

7,722 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Eliminatus
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I say coach went overboard. Others say kids are soft. What say you?

Bear crawl
King moto moto
AG
Uneducated Coach thinks blister = success.

Makes sense to me
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Cromagnum
AG
"Private Pyle has dishonored himself and dishonored his platoon I have tried to help Private Pyle I have failed I have failed because YOU have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation So from now on whenever Private Pyle f*** s up I will not punish him I will punish all of YOU And the way I see it ladies you owe me for ONE JELLY DOUGHNUT NOW GET DOWN ON YOUR FACES."
Cromagnum
AG
DP
Ginormus Ag
AG
I need to see a picture of Jazzmin Smith before I can decide how I feel about this.
MouthBQ98
AG
Soft device clutching hands of the weak an pampered. You know how I know they're doing it wrong? When you do it right, that doesn't happen.

But yeah, the coach needs to be smarter about it than that. Make them do burpees and flutter kicks.
EastSideAg2002
The blistered hands field is over there!
wbt5845
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Soft device clutching hands of the weak an pampered. You know how I know they're doing it wrong? When you do it right, that doesn't happen.

But yeah, the coach needs to be smarter about it than that. Make them do burpees and flutter kicks.
I do a ton of bear crawls and have never had blister issues, cause I do them right. Article says they were doing them on a track. if it was cinder, that might have been kinda rough.
Big Tuna
My sons coach has the boys do bear crawls when they eff up and they are 9. But nothing that would cause blisters.
Talon2DSO
AG
Pvssies
chipotle
That's how we do it in Clute!
Ag 11
AG
She's dumb. If she would've bear crawled them on the field instead of the track we wouldn't even be talking about this.
Slicer97
AG
This country is weak and soft.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Happened once during football practice. One player had an adverse reaction to the grass. His hands looked like he was wearing Mickey Mouse gloves and was totally unrelated to drills ran during practice. Took a month to heal. Was a starting line men. Had never happened since. In other words, do not use physical activity as a punishment.
Ags4DaWin
brs4688 said:

Happened once during football practice. One player had an adverse reaction to the grass. His hands looked like he was wearing Mickey Mouse gloves and was totally unrelated to drills ran during practice. Took a month to heal. Was a starting line men. Had never happened since. In other words, do not use physical activity as a punishment.

1) If touching grass is enough to render you incapacitated for months then maybe God doesn't want you to live.
2) Ur part of the problem. Stop being part of the problem and grow some balls.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
If they only had stress cards.
80s Guy
brs4688 said:

If dude was allergic to grass, please make sure he never breeds. We damn sure don't need that defective genotype replicating.
Al Bula
AG
you know how clute got its name?

When the Spanish conquistadors explored the area, one took a dump in a bucket and the sound the turds made was "clute clute clute."

True story.
Liquid Wrench
It's a hard old world and them kids need to toughen up if they ever wanna make it out of Clute and move across the road into Lake Jackson.
Builder93
AG
Well, I tell you one thing, they won't be doin' whatever they were doin' wrong before!
alvtimes
blisters arent injuries
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
The horror! Blisters! No!!!!
joerobert_pete06
AG
I once was forced to doing push-ups on concrete, with a kid I was fighting with, in 100 deg heat. Our hands burnt up and blistered for a week. At the time, it hurt like hell but neither of us wanted to puss out it

I see no fault by the coach
Motot
AG
Article doesn't state what they did, so it's hard to tell if the punishment was just. I would guess it was well earned.
chimpanzee
We had to do box jumps on a high concrete ledge to failure, I'll see your blisters and raise you shin splints and contusions.

The coach sounds like an a**hole. They're supposed to be a**holes, that's the job of a coach.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Her name is Jazzmin. What do you expect???

That's the school's fault for hiring her because obviously her parents are idiots, so she will be one, too!!!
rlb28
AG
sbtxag13 said:

Article doesn't state what they did, so it's hard to tell if the punishment was just. I would guess it was well earned.
Three girls were continually late from athletics to their next class. The classroom teacher talked to the coach, who decided to punish the whole class.
AggieKatie2
AG
Biggest hands ever on a female 12 year old.
Ragoo
AG
Why did the coach punish students for being late to a different teachers class?
AggieKatie2
AG
I'd have to know exactly how many bear crawls they did.
rlb28
AG
Ragoo said:

They were coming from her athletics class and being late to the next class. The classroom teacher at the next class asked the coach about it (maybe the coach was letting them out too late) and the coach evidently saw fit to discipline everyone.
Ragoo
AG
rlb28 said:

Ragoo said:

They were coming from her athletics class and being late to the next class. The classroom teacher at the next class asked the coach about it (maybe the coach was letting them out too late) and the coach evidently saw fit to discipline everyone.
of the coach was letting them out late that is on the coach. If the coach is letting them out on time and the kids are late that is on the kids. In any case, non coach teacher should have handled kids being late to their class directly instead of indirectly through the coach.
AggieKatie2
AG
It said some were late and some skipped completely. As a class....i'm eh on class punishment, if it was a team, then I'm okay with it depending on how many bear crawls they had to do.
rlb28
AG
The story has been out for awhile, but the reason I posted was because one of my customers had a kid in the class. She showed me the pictures of all 37 kids. Some were small blisters others had large patches of skin missing and others were bloody and nasty.

Again, I think the teacher went overboard, but shouldn't be fired.

Funny post I saw on FB: the coach must be a dumba**. How are the kids gonna dribble, shoot and pass with large scabs on their palms.
Kanyes psychiatrist
Kids are soft. That says punish them by running snakes or up downs or lunges.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.