Most Iconic Brand in Texas

8,767 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PigInABlanket
Laser Wolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In-n-Out Burger
TRUMP 2020! KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
CNN is very fake news.
I Stand with Sul Ross.
#NotAnotherDime
BLM is a lie.
Post removed:
by user
Ag with kids
AG
1939 said:

King Ranch is not a brand it's a place, same goes for the loser who said the Astrodome.

Others mentioned Exxon, Frito-Lay, and AT&T, while those are major corporations I don't think anyone associates them with Texas culture.

For me it's a tie between Whataburger and Shiner.
Excuse me...

I just posted a pic of one of their brands....
Old RV Ag
AG
Ag with kids said:

1939 said:

King Ranch is not a brand it's a place, same goes for the loser who said the Astrodome.

Others mentioned Exxon, Frito-Lay, and AT&T, while those are major corporations I don't think anyone associates them with Texas culture.

Excuse me...

One brand, lame.

Ag with kids
AG
Old RV Ag said:

Ag with kids said:

1939 said:

Excuse me...

One brand, lame.

Like anyone outside of Texas has heard of ANY ranch besides the King ranch.

Hell....most people in Texas couldn't name more than one ranch besides the King ranch...

Iconic.

Texas.

Brand.
Slicer97
AG
I dunno. XIT is pretty famous. Even amongst city slickers.
Old RV Ag
AG
Waggoner.

As for one's in Texas who could name King Ranch they would likely associate it with a purse Hondo housewives with beehive hairdos carry. As for the Ford truck, GMC has the Denali - the mountain in Alaska which most people wouldn't know either like King Ranch.
Ag with kids
AG
Slicer97 said:

I dunno. XIT is pretty famous. Even amongst city slickers.
City slickers aren't real people...
Furlock Bones
AG
i missed out on the vote. but, i just need to add that Pluckers sucks donkey peen.

hope this helps.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Whataburger kills Shake Shack. I've never understood the hype for SS. Always lines around the block in NYC for that place, for pretty standard burgers and crinkle-cut fries you can get frozen at any grocery store.

The shakes are pretty good though. Nothing special, but pretty good.
Old RV Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Whataburger kills Shake Shack. I've never understood the hype for SS. Always lines around the block in NYC for that place, for pretty standard burgers and crinkle-cut fries you can get frozen at any grocery store.

The shakes are pretty good though. Nothing special, but pretty good.
Shake Shack has learned to play on the stupidity of people. Everyone of their locations in NYC has too few seats for the number of customers they run through. So, everyone is fighting, scanning, planning, scheming etc. on how to secure a seat. Gives everyone the impression it is the popular, cool place where you have to be.
AG
Ag with kids said:

1939 said:

Excuse me...

Sorry but I don't think when they are talking about brands in this sense they mean literal cattle brands. The king Ranch is not a brand in the same way that Whataburger or Shiner beer is. Furthermore the King Ranch cattle brand is actually called the "Running W" so that doesn't even make any sense.

If we are going to start including places then you might as well add Big Bend, Garner state park, Gruene Hall, etc to the list.
Ag with kids
AG
1939 said:

Ag with kids said:

1939 said:

Excuse me...

Sorry but I don't think when they are talking about brands in this sense they mean literal cattle brands. The king Ranch is not a brand in the same way that Whataburger or Shiner beer is. Furthermore the King Ranch cattle brand is actually called the "Running W" so that doesn't even make any sense.

If we are going to start including places then you might as well add Big Bend, Garner state park, Gruene Hall, etc to the list.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
MGS said:

Old RV Ag said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Shakes the Clown said:

BaitShack said:

Dr. Pepper

Very hard to find outside of Texas, try again

What? It's as easy to find as Coke in any major grocery store.

Yea, Dr Pepper is pretty much everywhere
You see it in small corner stores in London everywhere.
That's only because Dr. Pepper used to be owned by the Brits.

It's "Dr Pepper" you ****ing casuals
fooz
Unemployed
AG
fooz said:

Shouldn't it be Illinois?
TXAG 05
AG
1939 said:

Ag with kids said:

1939 said:

Excuse me...

You do realize that King Ranch has a whole line of clothing, leather goods, etc?
80s Guy
Cstrickland05 said:

1939 said:

Ag with kids said:

1939 said:

Excuse me...

You do realize that King Ranch has a whole line of clothing, leather goods, etc?

And are huge in the cattle and horse business as well as farming?
AG
80s Guy said:

Cstrickland05 said:

1939 said:

Ag with kids said:

1939 said:

Excuse me...

And are huge in the cattle and horse business as well as farming?

The leather goods is not what makes the King Ranch iconic.

Being huge in Agriculture is not the same as companies that sell branded consumer products.

If this was a list of the most iconic Texas ranches it would be at the top of the list for sure.

GAC06
AG
Do you think people would buy King Ranch branded products if there was no ranch? Why does Ford market a King Ranch truck?
tk for tu juan
IIIHorn
Old RV Ag said:

My favorite, not depicted, is the U Lazy U.
Oryx
picking whataburger over Bucees
Bruce Almighty
AG
Oryx said:

It's a gas station.
Oryx
Bruce Almighty said:

Oryx said:

It's a gas station.
It's a fast food chain.
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Does anyone besides bucees sell DP icees?

Lots of gas stations do.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You can get gas at Whataburgers? News to me.
Oryx
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You can get gas at Whataburgers? News to me.

Just order the fajita tacos
BBRex
AG
Anybody who doesn't appreciate Buc-ee's never had to travel in Texas before 2005 or so.
Ag with kids
AG
Oryx said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Oryx said:

It's a gas station.
It's a fast food chain.
It's an At Home with awesome bathrooms, great food and cheap gas.
PigInABlanket
AG
Old RV Ag said:

Waggoner.

As for one's in Texas who could name King Ranch they would likely associate it with a purse Hondo housewives with beehive hairdos carry. As for the Ford truck, GMC has the Denali - the mountain in Alaska which most people wouldn't know either like King Ranch.
I've never heard of this "Denali". That Mount McKinley is majestic AF, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.