Trespasser did $6000 damage to our home

8,580 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TxFig
TxFig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

On Friday, November 29, at 1:15pm in the middle of the afternoon, this truck drove into our yard and over the septic tank, crushing the tank. It is going to cost us over $6000 to repair this damage. The address of this is
5105 Wallis Rd
Bryan, TX
between Coulter Field and Messina Hoff winery.

If you can help us identify this truck, we would appreciate it. We know that it is a fairly late-model "dually" full size pick-up. Solid black with a custom front grill.

The "non-youtube" version of the video is at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MU_cclvv2MbCpKHCHN1ZPytZ4it6Xpyz/view

A still shot of the truck (zoomed in) is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFkLoc0s1o6h3uz_YrWl_76GXKY--1at/view
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
Old RV Ag
AG
Outdoor board is what you need
The Wonderer
AG
File on your home insurance and hand everything over to them. That's why you pay them.
Athanasius
AG
Thanks for telling me where you live and when you aren't at home.

Handy.
Rexter
Looks like a late model Ford, all black with gold on the fender flares.
Nechasin
AG
Didn't watch the movies, but if you have a license plate the outdoor board can help you
TxFig
AG
The Wonderer said:

File on your home insurance and hand everything over to them. That's why you pay them.

And they are.... except for the $1000 deductible.

Still sucks that someone had huge steel balls to do this in the middle of the day (while we were home). It's probably good that I didn't have a gun next to the front door - I WOULD have emptied the magazine into that truck. #BeyondFurious
--
Chris Barnes
TxFig
AG
Nechasin said:

Didn't watch the movies, but if you have a license plate the outdoor board can help you

No plate. Could not get close enough.
--
Chris Barnes
TxFig
AG
Athanasius said:

Thanks for telling me where you live and when you aren't at home.

Handy.

I was home.

--
Chris Barnes
TxFig
AG
Old RV Ag said:

I'm on the outdoor board ... but how is this "outdoor related"? Criminal activity seems more "general" to me.
--
Chris Barnes
george1992
TxFig said:

I WOULD have emptied the magazine into that truck. #BeyondFurious
Looks like a black truck. Hope that helps. Glad to know you would have given them the death penalty for mistakenly going to the wrong house. I mean the way the cut those donuts all through your yard and stuff, they should have been shot and then their truck burned with them still in it.
jkag89
That board has the reputation of being particularly adept at obtaining such info.
DE4D
AG
TxFig said:

Old RV Ag said:

I'm on the outdoor board ... but how is this "outdoor related"? Criminal activity seems more "general" to me.

The OB for sure. Did they drive straight to the location of the septic? That seems suspicious in and of itself. Anyone you know that would have a reason to target you for being a *****
agdaddy04
AG
You don't spend much time on the outdoor board if you don't realize they live for that stuff.
concac
AG
jkag89 said:

That board has the reputation of being particularly adept at obtaining such info.
They'll come to the same conclusion - it's a black truck. No mistake about it.
Old RV Ag
AG
TxFig said:

Old RV Ag said:

If you are on the Outdoor board often enough, you'd know they do this tracking down people like this all the time. You'd might even find that someone recognized something on the truck and knows who it is even without plate number.
hairloom
TxFig said:

Old RV Ag said:

This is the general board, not the outdoor board.
The Wonderer
AG
TxFig said:

The Wonderer said:

Still sucks that someone had huge steel balls to do this in the middle of the day (while we were home). It's probably good that I didn't have a gun next to the front door - I WOULD have emptied the magazine into that truck. #BeyondFurious

And this would have been dumb and most likely landed you in jail.
Old RV Ag
AG
The Wonderer said:

TxFig said:

The Wonderer said:

And this would have been dumb and most likely landed you in jail.
He's not sure what board he's on so look what you're dealing with.
Rexter
sw@n said:

TxFig said:

Old RV Ag said:

The OB for sure. Did they drive straight to the location of the septic? That seems suspicious in and of itself. Anyone you know that would have a reason to target you for being a *****

My first thought was they figured nobody was home and were driving around to the back of the house when they hit the septic tank. It looks like they almost got stuck. You can see the front end rise as they back up. I bet they were gonna kick in the back door.
Picard
AG
Or they're in the septic repair business and were looking for more business to fund the holidays....

DE4D
AG
Picard said:

Or they're in the septic repair business and were looking for more business to fund the holidays....

Like when funeral homes leave their sprinklers on during overnight freezes.
normaleagle05
AG
Rexter said:

sw@n said:

TxFig said:

Old RV Ag said:

My first thought was they figured nobody was home and were driving around to the back of the house when they hit the septic tank. It looks like they almost got stuck. You can see the front end rise as they back up. I bet they were gonna kick in the back door.

As someone that's had this happen, this is what was about to happen. Even if you hadn't been home it'd have been cheaper in treasure and mind to replace the septic through your insurance.

Since you were home, thank God he fell in the septic and left. I hope you/the OB/the cops/much deeper septic system catch the guy and burn him at the stake/drown him in other people's *****

Your house probably looks like an easy target. Get a remote entry gate and otherwise harden entry to the property.

ETA: I Streetviewed your house. Very similar situation to my house that got kicked in middle of the day. Not on a common day off like Friday after Thanksgiving so we were at work. And your neighbor has a full view of your place it seems. We were out of sight of the neighbors.
Dad
AG
I would get cameras. You can get an Arlo 3 4-camera system for around $750 or so. It will catch everything and upload it to the internet before they would ever get in your house. It definitely would have picked up a license plate. I have some of my cameras very visible just so criminals know and hopefully pick a different house.

Also, we once had a crime occur near my business and the police came to my office and asked my permission to go through our videos and I let them. They didn't find what they were looking for but ended up finding it at another businesses camera. I wonder if the police or any businesses have a better video of that truck around that same time in that area. It would probably take a police officer investigating in order for people to cooperate but I had no issue trying to help the cops catch a criminal.
TxAg20
AG
TxFig said:

Old RV Ag said:

This is completely outdoors. Your topic title should be something along the lines of "Trespassing Pickups are Outdoors".
The Fife
Stole your thread title and started a thread on the outdoors board because they know stuff!
BostonAg74
Just a thought: If these guys were truly intent on kicking in your back door, chances are they succeeded somewhere nearby after failing at your place. You might check to see if the police had any reports nearby on that date. I'm not sure how much additional info that will provide, if any, but it could provide another piece to the puzzle (perhaps another camera).
Doc Hayworth
Does the neighbor across the street have security cameras?
bmc13
AG
time to build a moat
babyshark
And crap in it
NoahAg
If you were home why didn't you stop him?
sawthemoffxx
Don't people locate septic well behind their improvements for reasons such as this?
JoeAggie5
Call Septic repair companies, if guy shows up in that truck to do a walk through / quote, then you've found your man.
Tomdoss92
AG
TxFig
AG
george1992 said:

TxFig said:

I WOULD have emptied the magazine into that truck. #BeyondFurious
Looks like a black truck. Hope that helps. Glad to know you would have given them the death penalty for mistakenly going to the wrong house. I mean the way the cut those donuts all through your yard and stuff, they should have been shot and then their truck burned with them still in it.
Moron dip**** - "going to the wrong house" doesn't involve leaving the driveway and heading to the back yard.

But if you don't like it - you're welcome to try it yourself.
--
Chris Barnes
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.