Trespasser did $6000 damage to our home

8,567 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TxFig
TxFig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NoahAg said:

If you were home why didn't you stop him?
I was sitting on the coach watching college football games. Wife was at the kitchen table cutting up a deer I had shot earlier in the week.

I heard the truck and asked my wife who drove up. She looked out the front, but by the time she looked, the truck was already on the side of the house (sound of the truck did not give us an indication of where it was).

Honestly, I thought it was just a friend dropping by. Or someone pulling into the driveway to turn around (a popular Winery is just around the corner and people often miss the turn). Or someone coming to the front porch to buy honey (beekeepers, we sell honey on the front porch w/ the honor system).

All of which is to say that people driving up during the day is a very common occurrence.

If you watch the video, you can see my wife walking out the front door just as he backs out of the driveway (I was putting on pants... ). I stepped out onto the porch just as he guns it to drive way. We didn't even know he had hit the septic until we followed the tracks his truck had made.

And for the other guy who suggested getting our own security cameras - that is exactly what I've been looking at this week...
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
Old RV Ag
AG
TxFig said:

NoahAg said:

I was sitting on the coach watching college football games. Wife was at the kitchen table cutting up a deer I had shot earlier in the week.

I heard the truck and asked my wife who drove up. She looked out the front, but by the time she looked, the truck was already on the side of the house (sound of the truck did not give us an indication of where it was).

Honestly, I thought it was just a friend dropping by. Or someone pulling into the driveway to turn around (a popular Winery is just around the corner and people often miss the turn). Or someone coming to the front porch to buy honey (beekeepers, we sell honey on the front porch w/ the honor system).

All of which is to say that people driving up during the day is a very common occurrence.

If you watch the video, you can see my wife walking out the front door just as he backs out of the driveway (I was putting on pants... ). I stepped out onto the porch just as he guns it to drive way. We didn't even know he had hit the septic until we followed the tracks his truck had made.

And for the other guy who suggested getting our own security cameras - that is exactly what I've been looking at this week...
You sell honey from the front porch on the honor system and have people driving onto your property as a common, daily, occurrence - but were hoping to empty a magazine into the guy and his truck. Note to self: avoid buying honey from this guy.
concac
AG
TxFig said:

NoahAg said:

Congrats on having a well-trained wife!!!
MemphisAg1
AG
RealTalk said:

TxFig said:

NoahAg said:

babyshark
The coach. She got big cans?
Mort Rainey
TxFig said:

The Wonderer said:

File on your home insurance and hand everything over to them. That's why you pay them.

And they are.... except for the $1000 deductible.

Still sucks that someone had huge steel balls to do this in the middle of the day (while we were home). It's probably good that I didn't have a gun next to the front door - I WOULD have emptied the magazine into that truck. #BeyondFurious

*fart*
combat wombat™
AG
My husband hunts. We eat a lot of venison. But damned if I'm going to cut the deer up. Here can take it to the processor or cut it up himself. But I'll gladly cook it once it's cut up.
agracer
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

RealTalk said:

TxFig said:

NoahAg said:

Not only that but he watches college football on the couch with no pants on!
TxFig
AG
RealTalk said:

TxFig said:

NoahAg said:

Oh, you have no idea. But that would be a whole 'other thread.

But here's a teaser:
  • She wakes up before me and sets coffee on the headboard 10 minutes before it's time for me to get up, so I can sit up and drink coffee before getting all the way out of bed (without scalding my tongue).

And used to do it even when I got up at 4am to go duck hunting....

--
Chris Barnes
TxFig
AG
agracer said:

MemphisAg1 said:

RealTalk said:

TxFig said:

NoahAg said:

Not only that but he watches college football on the couch with no pants on!

Damn straight!
--
Chris Barnes
Old RV Ag
AG
TxFig said:

RealTalk said:

TxFig said:

NoahAg said:

But here's a teaser:
  • She wakes up before me and sets coffee on the headboard 10 minutes before it's time for me to get up, so I can sit up and drink coffee before getting all the way out of bed (without scalding my tongue).

Now, if she can just get you to wear pants it would be good.
TxFig
AG
Old RV Ag said:

TxFig said:

RealTalk said:

TxFig said:

NoahAg said:

But here's a teaser:

Now, if she can just get you to wear pants it would be good.

I gotta have inherited at least one of my dad's habits. Hey - at least I don't go running outside like that.
--
Chris Barnes
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.