Which classes did you fail in college?

11,699 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oldschool87
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Engineering major -

Didn't study once my freshman year. Got a 3.9. All the classes were simply retakes at my HS. A&M recommended I take them over again. What a mistake...Sophomore year - 2.2 GPA. failed out of a class. Slice of humble pie.

However, I'm glad I stayed. A few people in those core classes freshman year will be at my wedding in February. Never would have met them otherwise. All worked out.
cavjock88
AG
craig09 said:

Q dropped Taxonomy of Flowering Plants. Class was tough but lab was excessive and I didn't put enough effort into it.

Yep, that class sucked. Lab was a royal pain. Old mounts to study and fresh samples to key out on the weekly test in lab. Plus any sample from a previous lab test could show up on a subsequent one. Hatch was a piece of work. Ended up failing with a 59.6 that he refused to round up to a 60 and cost me graduating my first semester of fifth year. Got him back the next semester when I went for my second degree in Animal Science. Thanks and RIP Dr. Hesby. You were the best for a whole lot of reasons, other than that help you gave me in this case. HH worked it out so I could substitute ANSC Nutrition for the Taxomony of Flowering Plants. Go figure. Ended up finishing my WFSC degree that semester and ANSC the next along with a few more ANSC graduate degrees. Up yours Hatch.
GCRanger
AG
Stats the first time. Got an A the second time.
Calculus
Military History. In didn't even buy the books. I think I only went 3-4 times. It got in the way of afternoon pool side drinking.

AggieFeedMan01
AG
Got a D in Thermodynamics and had to take it again. It was the first class I had taken that had laptops in front of you. Damn you yahoo crossword puzzles!
Spotted Ag
AG
craig09 said:

Q dropped Taxonomy of Flowering Plants. Class was tough but lab was excessive and I didn't put enough effort into it.
Lab was ABSOLUTELY ridiculous and I took it in the fall when most damn plants aren't flowering so the collection was especially rough.

Natural History of the Vertebrates was an insanely ridiculous lab. Want to know how many of those damn animal scientific names I remember? ZERO!
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
oldschool87
AG
RealTalk said:

Body By Fisher said:

Adorable Mason Reeves said:

Anyone fail a Kinesiology or cush class like "Succeeding in College"?
I got flunked in a weightlifting class and am still pissed about it. The teacher was a skinny little punkass ***** who I could have lifted with one arm.
You ain't no Body by Jake, that's for sure.
You maxed out on the first day... nowhere to go but down...
boy09
AG
PuryearAg98 said:

boy09 said:

I made a B in ENDS 101 with Rodney Hill. That's kinda like failing...
I laughed at this.... and then went back and looked at my transcript. I'll be over in the corner, with my B.
Oh my god.. I don't think i've ever met another one...
BleacherRat
RealTalk said:

Body By Fisher said:

I got flunked in a weightlifting class and am still pissed about it. The teacher was a skinny little punkass ***** who I could have lifted with one arm.
You ain't no Body by Jake, that's for sure.
Oh that's right, you know everything don't you?
Gig 'em!
BleacherRat
RealTalk said:

I made a C in bowling. This is before I knew about the option to take a PE class as pass/fail.
Wow, you made a C?????????

I don't believe you.
Gig 'em!
MouthBQ98
AG
That second engineering physics. I bombed it by drinking waaay to much that semester and skipping way too much class and homework.

My ADD didn't help either.

I finally put in the real effort to learn techniques to study and focus in classes after that debacle.

I was afraid going under 12 hours would kill a scholarship I had so I didn't use any Q drops.
OasisMan
AG
Still have dreams I slept in and missed a final
BaitShack
AG
Philosophy 204 introduction to logic. Passed it the 2nd time.
Wooahhhh
AG
Calc. 3 times in 2 states. They were speaking Chinese.
Post removed:
by user
hph6203
AG

Yes, I failed Succeeding in College. Turns out to succeed in Succeeding in College you have to go to class, but to actually succeed in college? Not so much.

I got a B in bowling though.
histag10
AG
I think the only class I legitimately failed was Math 171.

Got a few Ds though.
Unemployed
AG
histag10 said:

I think the only class I legitimately failed was Math 171.

Got a few Ds though.
Oooooh really?

I know there was a reason I like you.
JayAggie
AG
Economics - the intro ones
Tree Hugger
AG
BaitShack said:

I think it might have been PHIL 240

I took it, but felt like I was supposed to be learning how to do Algebra in Greek.

Only I didn't speak Greek.

It probably didn't help much that I only went to class about half the time and never went to the lab/TA sessions.

That class was dumb.
BaitShack
AG
Tree Hugger said:

BaitShack said:

I think it might have been PHIL 240

I took it, but felt like I was supposed to be learning how to do Algebra in Greek.

Only I didn't speak Greek.

It probably didn't help much that I only went to class about half the time and never went to the lab/TA sessions.

That class was dumb.
Yes, it was PHIL 240.
ForeverAg
AG
Astronomy 306...was an elective and got a D in it. The teacher was a astrophysicist that worked in the big telescopes in Chile for his entire life, then decided he wanted to teach. I was his first year. No one in the class made an A or B that we knew of, probably the hardest class I had in all of college.

Physic 218 - q dropped that sucker the first time, yet had 0 issues with 208
aggie_fan13
AG
Was that with kruscinias ?
zephyr88
AG
Never actually failed it, but after a couple of q-drops, I was finally able to pass Calculus.

It would've helped if our esteemed university could have hired an instructor who could speak English.

p.s. I've used Calculus a total of ZERO times since graduation.
g_werch
AG
Failed ultimate Frisbee.

Apparently, there was a mandatory class after the final and if you didn't show up you failed. BS!
CoppellAg93
AG
Only 2 in my school career ....

1.ME212
2. A Tues/Thur 8:00am Weight-Lifting class because I skipped too many times

Think these were both in the same semester- went on Sco-Pro after that.
ursusguy
AG
Spotted Ag said:

craig09 said:

Lab was ABSOLUTELY ridiculous and I took it in the fall when most damn plants aren't flowering so the collection was especially rough.

Natural History of the Vertebrates was an insanely ridiculous lab. Want to know how many of those damn animal scientific names I remember? ZERO!

BOTN201 I did fine in. The lab was a royal pain, but the lecture was pretty easy. I had Manhart (something like that). The main annoyance was if a plant in a family had any recreational drug use, that was good for half the lecture.
WFSC302 was my only wildlife C. Damned bats and rats killed me....and I don't particularly like birds because of that class.
Math 131 Calculus was my only D for done
Stats sucked, but that was because the instructor was from Iceland with a super heavy accent.
PHIL240 royally sucked

Never actually dropped anything, but got close on Calculus. I use stuff from nearly every class I took at A&M (by design), but not that one
ForeverAg
AG
azulAg said:

Was that with kruscinias ?

Yesssss. He was really nice...but Jesus Noone ever knew what he was talking about. He could have single handily wrote Interstellar and I'm just trying to figure out if the sun is going to burn out or nah.
spud1910
AG
Without the curve, I think I would have failed physics. Maybe a D. With the curve, I got an A.
aggie_fan13
AG
Yea I got a D in his intro astronomy class
Well, okay then
AG
FORTRAN, Fall '79. First semester at A&M. I had a B average on the tests and got a B on the final. But there were 10 labs throughout the semester, which were programs to write with the old punch cards. The instructor cautioned us, on the first day, that if you didn't do all ten programs perfectly (that is, they run without errors), you'd fail the entire class regardless of your test scores. If we didn't like those terms, change to another instructor or drop now.

First nine programs, piece of cake. The last one, at the very end of the semester, problems. Errors. Rewrite, get cards punched, wait in line, run program, errors. I couldn't eliminate the errors, and was either too stubborn or prideful to ask for help. I just kept banging my head against the wall until the deadline. Last run, errors. F in the class.

No complaints. I knew the deal going in. It was actually a good start of a lifetime of education!
Aston04
AG
Here comes my trump card: I almost got a C in AGLS 101 with Dr. Joe..

As a blow off one hour class, they actually took attendance for the class... First week, they said they didn't care which section/day one went to- so I started going to a different section that fit my schedule better... So I guess they basically thought I never went to class after the first week..

After getting pissed when I saw my grade (class was a joke, obviously)- I emailed them and they fixed the grade card...
Old RV Ag
AG
Aston04 said:

Here comes my trump card: I almost got a C in AGLS 101 with Dr. Joe..

As a blow off one hour class, they actually took attendance for the class... First week, they said they didn't care which section/day one went to- so I started going to a different section that fit my schedule better... So I guess they basically thought I never went to class after the first week..

After getting pissed when I saw my grade (class was a joke, obviously)- I emailed them and they fixed the grade card...
Is Dr. Joe short for Dr. Joe Outlaw?
Burdizzo
AG
Joe Townsend.
videoag98
AG
MATH 151

Couldn't understanding a word the professor was saying.
He kept saying Seeta, Seeta, Seeta. About halfway thru the semester,
I finally realized he was saying Theta. Made a D for diploma.
Never used any Q drops.
degreedy
AG
OasisMan said:

Still have dreams I slept in and missed a final
I still get this and have been out 9 years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.