Best fast food spicy chicken sandwich...

13,130 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag 11
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shife said:

All these are crap. The hot chicken fast food joints in Nashville all have these suggestions beat.
When you eat hot chicken in Nashville, you do it in sandwich format?

LOL
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
chipotle
Going to popeyes today. Will give a thorough/unbiased review this afternoon.
80s Guy
It's chicken. Does it really matter? /slicer
Slicer97
AG
It does not.
concac
AG
Slicer97 said:

It does not.
If a food opinion is not from FIDO98, does it really matter?

It does not.
chipotle
Arrived at Popeyes at 12:08pm. Place was packed with obese people(75% of the folks there) and what was worse was that the cattle were hungry and angry. Guess they didn't realize it was lunch time and figured what the hell, 2 people working a store is good.

Later later that day, a 3rd employee walked in(12:42pm) with a couple giant popeyes bags with pre packaged bags of food PROBABLY FROM ANOTHER POPEYES. Anyway, two minutes later and I got my order. Just got the sandwich because I didn't want to complicate things enough already and wanted to properly represent the 25% non-obese.

The sandwich:

• Bun was nothing special. Like your mom
  • The breast filet was pretty hefty with thicker breading than chic-fil-a.
  • The breast I don't think was spicy. I think it was just mild.
  • They add a spicy mayo sauce on it which was still pretty good.
  • Better quality pickle than chic-fil-a (lgbtq community rejoice)
  • No lettuce or tomato like wendy's which is ok.

This was an amazing FASTFOOD spicy chicken sandwich. I'd choo-choo choose this over Wendy's easily.

BenFiasco14
AG
Quote:

Later later that day, a 3rd employee walked in(12:42pm) with a couple giant popeyes bags with pre packaged bags of food PROBABLY FROM ANOTHER POPEYES. Anyway, two minutes later and I got my order.
So it took almost 40 minutes to get your chicken sandwich? Yep, sounds like a Popeyes...
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
chipotle
BenFiasco14 said:

Quote:

Later later that day, a 3rd employee walked in(12:42pm) with a couple giant popeyes bags with pre packaged bags of food PROBABLY FROM ANOTHER POPEYES. Anyway, two minutes later and I got my order.
So it took almost 40 minutes to get your chicken sandwich? Yep, sounds like a Popeyes...

I had time to spare during lunch and was destined to try this sandwich. Truthfully I love to see situations like these to see people in their finest moments in having to endure delayed fast food. You would think these people are being denied life saving medication. The scoffs. The eye rolling. The pain in the managers eyes. It was a site to behold.
4stringAg
AG
Bojangles has a great spicy chicken biscuit and I'm sure they make a sandwich variety. Do they have Bojangles in Texas?
Scotty Flamingo
nai06 said:

Freddy's has a decent spicy chicken sandwich
Recently discovered the spicy chicken sandwich from Freddy's. Highly recommend.
halibut sinclair
BJ's Brewhouse has a Nashville hot chicken sandwich that's pretty good.
SECNetworkAg
CFA is solid for 6 days a week

not the best, but its great for how readily available it is
CaddoAggie96
AG
That's just too much pickle for a chicken sammich.
In saying that I haven't tried one yet.
But my cousins chubby Kid likes the Popeyes one best.
Baby Billy
AG
Chick Fil a spicy chicken is always more crispy than regular.

The chicken on the CFA biscuit always disappoints, but is ultimately satisfying
OldArmyAggie94
AG
I had a Popeyes sandwich today. There were a lot of people in there..staff was way overwhelmed..

Bad:
Soggy bun
Too much dang mayo

Good:
Pickles
Extra breading on chicken filet
Spices

Not sure I would go back for the sandwich...would rather have 3pc than the sandwich.

My rankings:
Chick-fil-A
No other
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Popeyes 'spicy' chicken sandwich is bull*****

I don't need crappy spicy mayo to make my meal spicy. Make the chicken itself spicy. Hate mayo.

Lazy effort for lazy customers.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
4stringAg said:

Bojangles has a great spicy chicken biscuit and I'm sure they make a sandwich variety. Do they have Bojangles in Texas?

Bojangles got cyber bullied into deleting their chicken biscuit post on Twitter after they tried to insert themselves into the Popeye's vs. CFA debate and got absolutely roasted for it. LMAO.
CharlieBrown17
AG
JAG03 said:

For a dollar the spicy chicken at McDonald's isn't bad.

McGangBang
Boat Shoes
AG
Good luck if you're looking to try the Popeyes sandwich in DFW.

https://www.guidelive.com/food-and-drink/2019/08/21/popeyes-fried-chicken-sandwich-shortage-dallas-impossible-to-find
TyHolden
AG
chipotle said:

Arrived at Popeyes at 12:08pm. Place was packed with obese people(75% of the folks there) and what was worse was that the cattle were hungry and angry. Guess they didn't realize it was lunch time and figured what the hell, 2 people working a store is good.

Later later that day, a 3rd employee walked in(12:42pm) with a couple giant popeyes bags with pre packaged bags of food PROBABLY FROM ANOTHER POPEYES. Anyway, two minutes later and I got my order. Just got the sandwich because I didn't want to complicate things enough already and wanted to properly represent the 25% non-obese.

The sandwich:

This was an amazing FASTFOOD spicy chicken sandwich. I'd choo-choo choose this over Wendy's easily.

solid review
TX AG 88
AG
chipotle said:

The sandwich:

I went there today to try the hype. chipotle's review is pretty good, and has formatting and everything, so I'll copy it as mostly accurate. I would change "amazing" in the last line to "pretty darn good." I haven't had Wendy's sandwich, so I can't echo that thought. In its place, I'd have to compare to CFA. It's a good sandwich, even "pretty darn good" but not as good as CFA's. The thicker chicken breast and the better pickles don't offset the superior bun and seasoning (overall taste) of the CFA sandwich.
TyHolden
AG
Wendy's was good when it was the only game in town but it needs to up its game to compete.

McDonalds is downright disgraceful.
Laser Wolf
ORAggieFan said:

I hate CFA for removing the spicy chicken biscuit.

This was a thing?!
TRUMP 2020! KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
CNN is very fake news.
I Stand with Sul Ross.
#NotAnotherDime
BLM is a lie.
bushytailed
AG
Laser Wolf said:

ORAggieFan said:

I hate CFA for removing the spicy chicken biscuit.

This was a thing?!
It's still a thing in Aggieland.
TyHolden
AG
Spicy chicken biscuit with a little jelly was instant hangover cure...
Baby Billy
AG
aggiedata
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

Okay, are those gigantic, mutant pickles.....or is that sandwich just really small?

The pickles are half the size of the bun!

Oh, and I just found out that CFA now has mac & cheese as a side. When the hell did this happen????
chipotle
Both. The sandwich isn't much bigger than the cfa sandwich. But those were mutant cucumbers. Still very good to my surprise.
rwv2055
AG
It's not a dollar anymore. 1.29
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why doesn't CFA have spicy nuggets?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Why doesn't CFA have spicy nuggets?
Their spicy chicken tenders are pretty good. It's also what they now put on their spicy chicken biscuit during breakfast.
infinity ag
DSAg44 said:

1. CFA
2. Popeyes

Anything else?

I love CFA's Spicy chicken, I get that every time I go there. And the CFA sauce is amazing.
chipotle
I was good and the wife got me a CFA spicy chicken sandwich last week. If you have the means I highly recommend getting a wife that brings you cfa sandwiches.

The sandwich:

• Bun was nothing special. Always damp for some reason.
  • The breast filet was a few steps above a processed filet from McDs, Sonic, DQ, etc.
  • The breast was white people spicy. Yeah I said it.
  • The CFA pickle slice is always sad and pathetic. This is a restaurant ***k you to it's patrons.

I still won't get this sandwich over a 12 count and polynesian sauce. It's still good though. 100 pts Gryffindor.

Mr_mo8268
AG
Tried to go and see what all the fuss was about at Popeye's yesterday afternoon. Line wrapped around and spilling on to street. Get up to order and they are out of the spicy sandwich till at least Tuesday. Wild...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.