Best fast food spicy chicken sandwich...

13,061 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag 11
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But wait! There's more.

Haven't had a Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich in a few months and decided it was time. Very disappointing. The difference from what I had a while back and now was night and day.

The sandwich:

• Bun was nothing special. I don't think a fast food place can blow you away with a bun. Ever.
  • The breast filet was almost like a processed filet from McDs, Sonic, DQ, etc. What in the flying f***.
  • The breast was spicy. No sauce required. High 5 Wendy's.
  • No pickle. One of those things where I can go either way.
  • Big piece of lettuce (NOT SHREDDED. AMEN!) and tomato.

I could see the popeyes sandwich de-evolving into this in a few years. And that's sad. This might be one of those things were the menu quality differs from restaurant to restaurant. Either way, avoid Northern San Antonio Wendy's...and san antonio in general.

SJEAg
AG
Thanks for verifying Wendy's has lettuce/tomato...thought I was going senile when it kept being brought up that it doesn't. How can I forget the huge piece of lettuce that often hangs 3 inches outside the bun..
Bird Poo
AG
Mr_mo8268 said:

Tried to go and see what all the fuss was about at Popeye's yesterday afternoon. Line wrapped around and spilling on to street. Get up to order and they are out of the spicy sandwich till at least Tuesday. Wild...
I tried to get one on Friday. They had a sign on the door stating they were sold out. People were still pouring into that store.
aggieforester05
AG
I can't imagine trying to go to a popeyes during a rush. The service is terrible enough when nobody else is there. That spicy chicken is damn good though...when they have it.
proc
AG
At some point I hope Whataburger figures it out and puts out a superior spicy chicken sandwich product. The Buffalo Ranch one is already pretty close.
chipotle
FYI the PDQ Buffalo blue sandwich is pretty good. But I think it's in a different classification.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
chipotle said:

FYI the PDQ Buffalo blue sandwich is pretty good. But I think it's in a different classification.
PDQ Gravy is to die for.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Agreed. It was not me pushing the idea. Sunday errands with the wife.
cav14
I already had popeyes spicy chicken sandwich a few times a few months ago and I thought it was really good if not the best fast food spicy chicken sandwich. But not worth waiting in line an hour for. Guess Texas was lucky to one of the first to try it out before everyone else went crazy for it.
JoeAggie5
I'm going to Popeye's for lunch today. This new sandwich worth it?
MooreTrucker
AG
Shife said:

All these are crap. The hot chicken fast food joints in Nashville all have these suggestions beat.
Prince's FTMFW!
Iowaggie
AG
KFC dipping their toes in a chicken sandwich market?

cisgenderedAggie
Once upon a time...
Mort Rainey
4stringAg said:

Bojangles has a great spicy chicken biscuit and I'm sure they make a sandwich variety. Do they have Bojangles in Texas?
No, I've only heard tales of its greatness. Sucks
chipotle
Stopped by the questionable money laundering looking KFC today (kinda like...or JUST LIKE the one in BCS) and purchased a Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich.

I'll just say right off of the bat that this is a very good chicken sandwich. If there's not a Popeyes or Chic-fil-a around this will do you good. However, I'm putting this below Popeye's and CFA because I prefer their taste than to KFC. Honestly, if you bite into this sandwich you wouldn't know it was from KFC. It had no characteristic flavor to it. Popeyes and CFA does. This was just a very good sandwich.

<----That hot The Warehouse at C.C. Creations chick keeps staring into my soul.

The sandwich:

• Meh bun. I'd go as far as to say it's the same as Chic-fil-as which is a slight notch below popeyes
  • Very Good breast filet. Million times better than Wendy's. Very well breaded
  • Breast wasn't spicy so they added a sauce. "Nashville Hot". It had a lingering kick.
  • There is a mayo sauce that didn't really add/takeaway from the sandwich
  • Better pickle than chic fil a, not as good as popeyes
  • No lettuce or tomato.

1. Popeyes
2a. chic-fil-a
2b. kfc
3. Wendy's

chipotle
Amen

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-official-return-date
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Popeye's will look like Wal-Mart at midnight on Black Friday morning.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I recently discovered the KFC sandwiches. The trick is the finger lickin' sauce. It's basically the exact flavor of the fried chicken. Get that on the side.
Martin Q. Blank
chipotle said:

Amen

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-official-return-date
which sold out just two weeks after its debut

No it didn't. They started selling it last year.
Mucho austin
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

chipotle said:

Amen

which sold out just two weeks after its debut

No it didn't. They started selling it last year.

Yep, this bugs the heck out of me about this whole thing. I had been occasionally eating this sandwich since March of this year. But then OH CRAP A NEW SANDWICH and my chicken sandwich is gone for 3 months due to idiots
Woody2006
AG
There's an awful lot of fat on this thread
Ag 11
AG
I want to try that Popeyes sandwich. Looks good

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.