Kidnapped girl in Fort Worth found

13,123 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SidetrackAg
88planoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Junkhead said:

88planoAg said:

The perp is scum, no doubt. But he has no record as a pedo, in fact those dropped charges were stemming from an altercation with a prostitute who has ghosted. Really weird all around.
Well that seals it. NOT GUILTY!
Of course not. otoh it is quite an escalation from getting into a fight with a 30 year old prostitute to snatching a girl in broad daylight while she is with her mom. Just weird, is all.
BostonAg74
Is it out of the question to think that he is a guy who is desperate for money and is approached by someone who wants a girl of a specific age and is willing to pay for it?
gomerschlep
AG
This was in my neighborhood, and the parents of this child and I have mutual friends. It was pretty impressive to see how the whole neighborhood and even the city totally mobilized. A rare good example of the benefits of social media and technology in our society. I'm reasonably sure the perp did not know the family and this was pretty random.
GarryowenAg
AG
Do all of you mofos live in FW?
Old Tom Morris
Weird twist on this one. Someone at the hotel called in suspecting the guy, Forest Hill cops actually visit him and inspect the room, don't find her (or see the car), and left. The 2nd tip and visit that results in finding her happens a few hours later.

Tells me someone else is involved and had her at the time, unless the cops are really that incompetent (which they could be).

And an Amber Alert didn't go out because FW police couldnt get their fax machine to work
PoohAh97
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

And an Amber Alert didn't go out because FW police couldnt get their fax machine to work
Just wanted everybody to read this part again and despair.
babyshark
Old Tom Morris said:

Where did you read this? Seems to be fake news...

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article230614084.html

An Amber Alert went out to reporters and on social media Saturday night after an 8-year-old girl was abducted as she walked with her mother in a Fort Worth neighborhood. But no cellphone notification was sent because authorities did not have enough vehicle information, according to police and government policies on the program.
Post removed:
by user
ac04
Old Tom Morris said:

Weird twist on this one. Someone at the hotel called in suspecting the guy, Forest Hill cops actually visit him and inspect the room, don't find her (or see the car), and left. The 2nd tip and visit that results in finding her happens a few hours later.

Tells me someone else is involved and had her at the time, unless the cops are really that incompetent (which they could be).

this is a lot of very interesting stuff that never happened
GarryowenAg
AG
ac04 said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Actually I heard a lot of the same story this morning on the radio. Unless you have more concrete proof, I'm going to believe this scenario.
Old Tom Morris
ac04 said:

Old Tom Morris said:

That is straight from what KDFW was reporting last night on the 10pm news

Here's the snippet regarding visiting his room and not finding her:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/police-checked-kidnapping-suspects-room-hours-before-arrest-1

And here's a story from WFAA about the fax machine issue holding up the Amber Alert which kept radio stations from receiving/broadcasting it

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/fax-error-hindered-emergency-alert-in-salem-sabatka-kidnapping-fort-worth-police-say/287-d720fccf-3b44-44ce-a47b-33b318f7590c
ac04
well i'll be damned

aglaohfour
AG
So really it's the radio stations' fault for only using fax? So weird. But the reason it didn't go out on phones is that JCIC (?) was waiting until 6am to broadcast it, which is also weird.
gomerschlep
AG
It kind of illustrates how obsolete traditional media sources have become. I knew all about this in no time just because of twitter and Facebook. Who the hell listens to terrestrial radio or watches network TV local news anymore?
Builder93
AG
This just goes to show that old fashioned vigilante mob justice was right all along and they managed to do it without Facebook!
Gradaggie05
AG
"The mother attempted to get in the car, but was tossed out..."

The guy's damn lucky it wasn't Harris county or he'd be staring at one count of "mom littering".
Stat Monitor Repairman
Something still sounds off about all this.
texan12
"I went ahead and started looking at parks and then just kind of (was) told this one motel and we went there."

Who "kind of told" this dude to check out this specific motel? That seems like an odd explanation considering the cops had gone to that motel twice in search of the girl.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The story is pretty wild though ain't it?

Gonna keep an eye on this for some trickle truth over the next few weeks.
AnyOtherName
AG
The Prisoner.. good movie if you haven't seen it. I want to know more to the story.

The Shank Ag
SpiDer09 said:

Do all of you mofos live in FW?

Well it is one of the best towns in Texas. Less pretentious than Dallas. Less humid and congested than Houston. Less weird than Austin. Less in the middle of nowhere than anywhere in West Texas. Just the right touch of country and class.
BostonAg74
Quote:

Well it is one of the best towns in Texas. Less pretentious than Dallas. Less humid and congested than Houston. Less weird than Austin. Less in the middle of nowhere than anywhere in West Texas. Just the right touch of country and class.
So, the word you would say best describes Fort Worth is "less"
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Sometimes less is more
swimmerbabe11
gomerschlep said:

This was in my neighborhood, and the parents of this child and I have mutual friends. It was pretty impressive to see how the whole neighborhood and even the city totally mobilized. A rare good example of the benefits of social media and technology in our society. I'm reasonably sure the perp did not know the family and this was pretty random.

My best friend lives on the same block and said the same. It's amazing that they found her so quick.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thats what is so crazy about this story in my mind.

Girl is kidnapped while mom tries to get in the car after her.

The cops apparently were close in proximity to finding her ... twice.

Then some neighborhood good samaritans somehow get some information on where she's likely been taken and they end up finding her.

Has there been anything come out regarding whether the mother or the girl had any preexisting connection at all with the kidnapper?

I can envision a scenario where the mother wouldn't want to admit to it if there was, but the fact that kidnapper just stayed in the neighborhood in an obvious location doesn't make sense.

It may be exactly what it looks like, but i kind of hope theres some other motive other than some psycho snatching girls off the street Jame Gumb style.

Maybe we've been conditioned by tv crime dramas to think these types of criminals are smarter than they actually are and there is always a twist.

Hell, I don't know.
BostonAg74
I still say that if you assume that the guy who kidnapped her was not the perv, but was working for the perv, it answers a few questions. The behavior of the cops is still a head scratcher, though.
aglaohfour
AG
He didn't stay in the neighborhood. Forest Hill is a ****hole and it's own municipality, about a 15 minute drive from Ryan Place. The kidnapper wasn't living locally, apparently from east Texas.

I feel pretty sure that FWPD will make it known if it comes to light that there was a connection with the kidnapper for exactly the reason you mentioned - they don't want citizens worrying about stranger abductions. But they've stated at least twice so far that there was no connection.
ursusguy
AG
Yeah, y'all need to spend some time in Forest Hill and check out the available motels. That will explain some things.

Odd note, last three times I have been I Forest Hill, I have had to call the cops.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Forest Hill cop fired today because of this case
aTm2004
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

He took her to a motel. Unfortunately, I think we can guess what this sick ****'s motive was. While it is wonderful that she was saved, I have a sick feeling in my stomach regarding what she may have gone through. I pray that they found her before he actually did what I'm thinking he was intending.
I'd be 100% OK with him going full Gary Plauche on this guy. Put me on a jury and he'd be home before happy hour.
BostonAg74
I had not read that the kidnapper now faced additional charges until it was mentioned in the article about the cop

6 counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child
SidetrackAg
AG
Nm
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.