Kidnapped girl in Fort Worth found

13,030 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SidetrackAg
Seven Costanza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
An 8 year old girl and her mother were out walking yesterday around 6:40 p.m. when a car stopped and pulled the girl into the car. The mother attempted to get in the car, but was tossed out (video below). They later found the girl and the kidnapper at a hotel around 2:40 a.m.

Story
Post removed:
by user
agsalaska
AG
Wow. I grew up about 6 blocks from there.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
FriendlyAg
third coast.. said:

Thay dude didn't seem to want to help

Well, if you walked outside and heard that, you'd probably be in a bit of shock. Doesn't happen
Very often.
Post removed:
by user
FriendlyAg
So this guy, just snatched a kid while with their mother, in daylight with no clear motive? Happens to be a fairly nice neighborhood. Nice enough that they have security cameras and the police catch you 7-8 hours later?

..... WHAT? It's almost comical how stupid it sounds.
babyshark
agsalaska said:

Wow. I grew up about 6 blocks from there.

You ok?
agsalaska
AG
Yea. It was 40 years ago.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
riverrataggie
AG
FriendlyAg said:

So this guy, just snatched a kid while with their mother, in daylight with no clear motive? Happens to be a fairly nice neighborhood. Nice enough that they have security cameras and the police catch you 7-8 hours later?

Also equally scary.
aglaohfour
AG
Random abduction is extremely rare, but it could happen anywhere. Ryan Place happens to be a nice neighborhood and a pretty close knit community. Thanks to a huge social media push by Fort Worth residents and FWPD, there were hundreds of people actively looking for her within a couple of hours. It was actually two civilians who were searching and spotted the car at the hotel and alerted police.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This is one of those cases where we'll find out in a couple days that there was actually more to the story.
Potcake
AG
My parents used to live in that house in late 80's - 90's.
Tom Hagen
AG
FriendlyAg said:

They found them in a motel in the middle of the night. What do you think the motive was?
wbt5845
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

This is one of those cases where we'll find out in a couple days that there was actually more to the story.

Yeah, I keep wondering the same thing.
IDAGG
AG
Who knows if there is another angle on this, but I did find this:

Quote:

"As you can see, there is a smile on my face. I'm here to report that Salem has been found safe," he said.

Police have charged Michael Webb, 51, with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony. Webb is not related to the girl, Salem Sabatka, police said.

The article has a mug shot of the perp.
Quote:

The churchgoers saw the posts, found the vehicle and called it in to police. Officers determined in what room the car's owner was staying, breached the door and found Salem, Calzada said.

"They're our heroes tonight, I'll tell you that," he said of the churchgoers.

Jeff King has come forward as one of the heroes and told "Good Morning America" that he knew Salem's dad, so when he learned the girl was missing, he touched base with friends who were already out looking for the youngster. King went to the crime scene where a Fort Worth detective told him he should be checking parks, apartments and hotels, he told the show.

"We got out here and tried to make a difference," he said. "I went ahead and started looking at parks and then just kind of (was) told this one motel and we went there. And on the way back from that motel, this one was right next to us on the access road, so we just pulled in and yeah, that's how it happened. It's kind of crazy."

Quote:

Salem appeared calm and unharmed, according to officers, Calzada said. She was taken to a local hospital and has been reunited with her family.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/19/us/fort-worth-girl-salem-sabatka-abducted/index.html
GarryowenAg
AG
Fort Worth Police Chief was fried this morning.

Interesting turn of events even though they're saying it's unrelated.
Post removed:
by user
Claude!
Probably didn't sufficiently like his gig.
BostonAg74
This guy sounds like an absolute train wreck. How did he make it this far without getting fired?

Star Telegram article
bac
AG
SpiDer09 said:

Fort Worth Police Chief was fried this morning.

Interesting turn of events even though they're saying it's unrelated.
Harsh!
Post removed:
by user
Stat Monitor Repairman
The dude was trying to get a job in Baltimore ... that tells you all you need to know.
Old Tom Morris
Chief running around getting into altercations. He had to back out of the Baltimore job because he lied on his resume about his accomplishments in FW. What a mess.
Shakes the Clown
I'm glad the little girl is ok and they found her, but I wonder what the motive was?
Old Tom Morris
He took her to a motel. Unfortunately, I think we can guess what this sick ****'s motive was. While it is wonderful that she was saved, I have a sick feeling in my stomach regarding what she may have gone through. I pray that they found her before he actually did what I'm thinking he was intending.
agsalaska
AG
Shakes the Clown said:

I'm glad the little girl is ok and they found her, but I wonder what the motive was?

Really
Claude!
Shakes the Clown said:

I'm hoping it was a scavenger hunt gone wrong, but I kind of doubt it.
88planoAg
AG
The perp is scum, no doubt. But he has no record as a pedo, in fact those dropped charges were stemming from an altercation with a prostitute who has ghosted. Really weird all around.
Goose
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

He took her to a motel. Unfortunately, I think we can guess what this sick ****'s motive was. While it is wonderful that she was saved, I have a sick feeling in my stomach regarding what she may have gone through. I pray that they found her before he actually did what I'm thinking he was intending.
Another possibility: They say the guy wasn't related to the little girl...but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't know her or have some relationship with her parents. My guess would be that he knew he might be a suspect and went to a hotel because he figured he couldn't go home.

I could be wrong and the guy could be a total pedo, but the way they described the girl as unhurt and in good spirits or whatever leads me to believe that she wasn't traumatically harmed and also that she may have known the person who took her, ie she wasn't scared out of her mind the whole time from being kidnapped by a total stranger.
aglaohfour
AG
Bond was set at $100k yesterday, he was taken into FBI custody today. Wondering if that indicates he was involved in trafficking of some kind? Or just standard procedure for kidnapping?

Regarding the chief, his termination was a LONG time coming. Timing is just a weird coincidence.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yeah, I was thinking along those same lines, and I think thats what we are gonna find out after the media sells their ads.
Goose
AG
The fact that they questioned him and searched his hotel room 2 hours before she was found is weird to me too.

A Star Telegram article says,
Quote:

The Forest Hill Police Department said on Monday that officers received a tip about two hours before Salem was found to check the hotel. They made contact with Webb and walked through his hotel room, but didn't find the girl, they said.
Maybe I'm just old and jaded these days, but what I hear in that is that when Police went looking for a kidnapped little girl they tracked down this off-kilter psycho sack of crap that they've probably been keeping an eye on ever since he moved to town and poked around to see if he was involved. Imagine that...he was.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yeah, more evidence in my book that we aint been told the whole story.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
third coast.. said:

BostonAg74 said:

This guy sounds like an absolute train wreck. How did he make it this far without getting fired?

Star Telegram article

Do you even art Acevedo, bro?
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH! POTD!
Know Your Enemy
AG
88planoAg said:

The perp is scum, no doubt. But he has no record as a pedo, in fact those dropped charges were stemming from an altercation with a prostitute who has ghosted. Really weird all around.
Well that seals it. NOT GUILTY!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.