Love Field Parking Garage Clearance

11,352 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ac04
TX_Aggie37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flying out of Love Field tomorrow and have never taken my newish truck there. 2018 F250, stock 20" wheels and no lift or anything. Anybody ever take their pickup into the garage at Love Field? Any clearance issues? Thanks in advance.
histag10
AG
Im pretty sure that standard trucks fit into parking garages. Its when you start compensating for your ***** with a lift kit and oversized tires that you finally cant easily fit into an opening and its no longer like driving a hotdog down a hallway
TX_Aggie37
AG
Good thing I don't need to compensate for anything then.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Your truck needs category one Yankee White clearance or it's not getting anywhere close to the Love Field garage. Sorry bro.
chipotle
Get you some truck nuts to weigh it down a little bit.
EastTexAg09
lolpoors that don't fly private
DadAG10
Don't park on the lower levels.
Tree Hugger
AG
I've taken my GMC with stock 20" wheels there numerous times, pretty sure it has 7' clearance so no big deal.
Tree Hugger
AG
I see F250s in there all of the time, your antenna may hit, but no big deal otherwise
130Ag82
AG
You want to park in the new C garage. Way more room between vehicles than the old A & B garages. As you drive into the airport, you want the far right lane for entry Into C.
C has plenty of clearance from getting car hit by doors, but I don't know about clearance height for trucks.
Good luck!
hillcountryag86
AG
Off topic but I have a 2017 F-250, stock wheels, no lift. Football weekend and pulled into University Central Garage. As I reached the entrance, the garage safety alarms went off. It looked like the beam was going right through the top of my windshield.

I looked back and it seemed like a 1000 cars were lined up on Houston Street waiting to turn into the garage. Almost no way I could back up. And there would be a mob after me.

I got out of the truck and tried to eyeball if I could make it. Seemed 50/50 to me. So, with alarms blaring and angry people behind me, I just thought I'm going and if I peel the roof off my truck, oh well. Made it but don't see how.
Claude!
Because I'm such a wonderful person, I called the airport and asked what the clearance on the garages is. Per the nice lady I spoke to, Garages A and B have an entrance clearance of 8'6" and Garage C has an entrance clearance of 8'2". Parking Concepts, who apparently manages the garages at the field, gave me the 8'2" number for entrance clearance, but said that floors above that had a 6'5" clearance. Based on that, you may be pushing it for the second floor and above.
powerbelly
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Flying out of Love Field tomorrow and have never taken my newish truck there. 2018 F250, stock 20" wheels and no lift or anything. Anybody ever take their pickup into the garage at Love Field? Any clearance issues? Thanks in advance.
Why not just uber to the airport and not worry about it.
Tatem
histag10 said:

Im pretty sure that standard trucks fit into parking garages. Its when you start compensating for your ***** with a lift kit and oversized tires that you finally cant easily fit into an opening and its no longer like driving a hotdog down a hallway

/histag
Ferg
I used to worry about that on my pickup, so I took a tape measure and stood in the flatbed behind that cab where I can see the highest point and there is enough space to run it down to get a good height measurement.
Matsui
AG
You are fine for sure
Scoopen Skwert
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Off topic but I have a 2017 F-250, stock wheels, no lift. Football weekend and pulled into University Central Garage. As I reached the entrance, the garage safety alarms went off. It looked like the beam was going right through the top of my windshield.

I looked back and it seemed like a 1000 cars were lined up on Houston Street waiting to turn into the garage. Almost no way I could back up. And there would be a mob after me.

I got out of the truck and tried to eyeball if I could make it. Seemed 50/50 to me. So, with alarms blaring and angry people behind me, I just thought I'm going and if I peel the roof off my truck, oh well. Made it but don't see how.

Letting air out of the tires slowly and deliberately might have been entertaining. Ensure you didn't damage your truck and made people wait a little longer.
ac04
it won't fit, that's why everyone who drives a truck or suv flies in/out of DFW only
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.