I knew I was an old when...

8,050 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChemEAg08
Drawkcab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blindey said:

When my youngest grows out of stuff and we just donate it.

That's a weird way to refer to adoption.
rooftop18403
I had to get a second vitamin specific to joint health.
Broba Fett
When I realized it's better to go to the bars at 7 or 8 and be home by 10-11.
Ag 11
AG
When I found a gray ball hair.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
the first time my knees could feel a storm coming.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
When my doc told me I had the beetus.
Hello there
Bruce Almighty said:

When A&M wore throwback uniforms from when I was a student.
Here.
62strat
AG
Broba Fett said:

When I realized it's better to go to the bars at 7 or 8 and be home by 10-11.
Hah..

Yeh I'm home by 7 or 8 now. And it's not from a 'bar'!
Duncan Idaho
2 things both music related.

1) I walked out of a Floyd's barbershop mid hair cut because they turned up the music and refused to lower it back down to a more reasonable level. I mean what the ****? I am getting a haircut not trying to hit the club at 10AM

2)one day I decided "**** it. I got enough music. I don't need to hear anything new."
Direct Enter Enter
When I discovered that I had logged flight time in one of the display aircraft at an air museum.
rooftop18403
Duncan Idaho said:

2)one day I decided "**** it. I got enough music. I don't need to hear anything new."
The greatest music of anyone's life will be something from the time they were 14 - 24.
Bondag
AG
rooftop18403 said:

I realized the first thing I did when getting to a hotel was find our ice bucket and go fill it up.
aTm2004
AG
When "30 years ago" was a year I remember.
PoohAh97
AG
When one of the New Kids On The Block played a convincing WWII soldier.
Duckhook
AG
First time a girl at Spring Break said "Sir, can you watch our stuff for a minute?"

I said "sure", and then took all of their stuff and went home.
Bohica64
When the best way to tell what day of the week it is, is by my pill container. God help me if I forget to take a day of meds, throws my whole week off.
Sinuso
AG
One of my A&M roomate's son got married.
FriscoKid
AG
Duckhook said:

First time a girl at Spring Break said "Sir, can you watch our stuff for a minute?"

I said "sure", and then took all of their stuff and went home.

Yep. I went back for a game and just felt like I had just graduated. I got called sir and it felt like someone kicked me in the nuts.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
Krazykat
AG
When I went to Wurstfest and left at 6pm because all the young punks were showing up and i didn't want to go postal and end up in prison.... again.
John Francis Donaghy
Wrangler said:

When I went to Wurstfest and left at 6pm because all the young punks were showing up and i didn't want to go postal and end up in prison.... again.

You went to prison for delivering letters?
agnerd
AG
I started sympathizing with the antagonist of the movie. I was kind of rooting for Thanos to kill off half the people in the world because there are too many idiots running around.
aTm2004
AG
Aside from my above comment, the real "you're old" feeling hit me in Oxford, MS on November 3, 2017. My buddy and I were going to go to Starkville to watch the Ags play (when we were ranked #4 but got done dry) and decided to fly in a day earlier and stay the night in Oxford. Well, we toured campus and drove around Oxford, then decided to go grab some dinner and head out to the bars. The bars is where it really hit me. The people there were really immature and acting like idiots...which should be expected for 21 year olds. More so than I've seen in recent trips to NG. We went into this one bar that was down in a basement when out of nowhere, "COPS!" was yelled and everybody ran out through whatever exit they could find. When it was all over, the once shoulder-to-shoulder packed bar was empty. Bartenders included, there were 6 people left in the bar. The plus was the bartenders had some drinks made that were left when everybody rushed out, so they gave them to us for free.

I've also recently been thinking about things I did with my buddies in HS and having it feel like it was yesterday but then realize it was 20 years ago. It's a really weird feeling.
ValleyRatAg
AG
who?mikejones said:

When the athletes on college football and baseball teams started looking like kids and retired pro athletes looked like my friends instead of grown men
fixed it for me
Celee04
AG
realizing that I've now known my best friends from college the same number of years as I had been alive at the point that I met them.
Ag_07
AG
When shows like Full House, King of Queens, and Friends began playing on Nick at Nite
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ag_07 said:

When shows like Full House, King of Queens, and Friends began playing on Nick at Nite
When humor on shows that are now appearing on Nick At Nite was "edgy" and "controversial" when first aired but by current standards seems mundane and almost sanitized.
superunknown
AG
Ag_07 said:

They just added The Office.
HBCanine08
AG
When hangovers weren't gone by noon on Saturday
HBCanine08
AG
saltgap said:

When the Playmate of the month was born when I was in high school
When you still read Playboy
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Yes but I swear it's only for the pictures. I don't even look at the articles.
JayAggie
AG
When I started yelling at people from my front lawn to slow down in the neighborhood.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Were you at The Library? There was some serious talent in that place, the couple times that I've been there. And a lot of fake IDs.
lotsofhp
AG
JayAggie said:

When I started yelling at people from my front lawn to slow down in the neighborhood.
What is with people flying down residential roads? That infuriates me.
ChemEAg08
AG
lotsofhp said:

JayAggie said:

What is with people flying down residential roads? That infuriates me.

And ignoring stop signs
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.