What food do you love that everyone thinks is gross?

6,212 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
beanbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Billy Foster said:

Pear and mayo salad (with shredded cheddar cheese on top). My friends and wife didn't believe it was real.
What in the F?
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
I secretly like fruitcake as well and that doesn't make me one.
Billy Foster
AG
brucoh said:

Billy Foster said:

Pear and mayo salad (with shredded cheddar cheese on top). My friends and wife didn't believe it was real.
What in the F?

It's a country thing. Leaf of lettuce with canned pear and blob of mayo in the hole. Some make it with miracle whip. It does sound terrible, but was a staple when I was a kid.
atag
AG
I put Catalina dressing on my tacos...never met anyone else that does this. Love raw oysters, love horseradish too. I also like Vienna sausages and most ppl think that's gross.

Brussel sprouts are good but I also liked em as a kid which is pretty unusual I think.
atag
AG
Billy Foster said:

brucoh said:

Billy Foster said:

What in the F?

It's a country thing. Leaf of lettuce with canned pear and blob of mayo in the hole. Some make it with miracle whip. It does sound terrible, but was a staple when I was a kid.

My hubby ate peaches and mayo as a kid. Blech
who?mikejones
AG
Im from the country and ive never heard of this nasty sounding dish
Hogties
AG
I have tried and gone back for seconds on some odd local foods.

Durian fruit - malaysia
Whale - Norway
Donkey- China
Chicken gizzards - Ozarks
Borscht - Russia
Billy Foster
AG
who?mikejones said:

This came from the same of the family that treated a piece of white bread pulled apart and topped with cream gravy as a side dish.
Tanya 93
Fried tofu
Potcake
AG
Salted peanuts in a Mexican Coke or DP
agz win
AG
Slimed okra on toast
PoohAh97
AG
Billy Foster said:

who?mikejones said:

This came from the same of the family that treated a piece of white bread pulled apart and topped with cream gravy as a side dish.
That's normal though. Everybody does that.

Right?
Billy Foster
AG
PoohAh97 said:

Billy Foster said:

who?mikejones said:

That's normal though. Everybody does that.

Right?

Only on Sundays at Grandma's house.
3 William 56
AG
Big Red
MouthBQ98
AG
I friggin love fried spam sandwiches.
JAG03
AG
Chicken fried salt pork
TennAg
I can't get enough easy cheese. (american flavor only though)
Bruce Almighty
AG
In-N-Out
Cromagnum
AG
Brussels sprouts, especially the recipe we follow that has fish sauce to go on it.
Frisco
AG
this got to page 2 and no one has said it yet??? WTF....

your mom.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Anyone ever tried braunschweiger? My grandparents used to eat that. Tried it a few times when I was little. Wasn't too bad, but now that I know what it is i'll probably never eat it again.
aggieforester05
AG
My almost 4 year old daughter eats dried anchovies like they're the only food left on earth.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wasntme said:

lengua

Nobody thinks lengua is gross though.
Dumpster Fire
Alsups bean burritos. Everyone I know looks as though I eat vomit when I say I love those things.
TexasRebel
AG
Haggis
spud1910
AG
Billy Foster said:

brucoh said:

Billy Foster said:

What in the F?

At our house it was Velveeta instead of cheddar. And a maraschino cherry on top.
T Durden
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Anyone ever tried braunschweiger? My grandparents used to eat that. Tried it a few times when I was little. Wasn't too bad, but now that I know what it is i'll probably never eat it again.

Get a nice French bread. Spread on some braunscwheiger or however you spell it. Then spread on some cream cheese. Add mustard if you like it. Enjoy.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Billy Foster said:

brucoh said:

Billy Foster said:

What in the F?

My mother would sometimes use canned pineapple rings instead of pears, but always with Miracle Whip. I loved it.
et98
AG
spud1910 said:

Billy Foster said:

brucoh said:

Billy Foster said:

What in the F?

At our house it was Velveeta instead of cheddar. And a maraschino cherry on top.
The only people who think this is gross is someone who's never eaten it before or someone who's eaten it and loved it...but didn't realize what it was.. It's delicious and is a very common hors d'oeuvre or pot luck item. You have most likely eaten it (and loved it) but just didn't know what you were eating.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
braunschweiger - Ate it 20 minutes ago. My dog's favorite. Dog & I are German.
et98
AG
I like to add corn to pepperoni pizza. I saw it for the first time in Austria and thought it would be disgusting, but it was fantastic. MOD Pizza is the only place I know of here in the US that has that option.
Kitten With A Whip
I'm a pretty big fan of Spam. Specifically, Spam salad which is basically Spam crumbled with a fork, with mayo, diced hard boiled eggs and sweet relish on bread. Grew up eating these at church functions and funerals. Fried spam sammiches are pretty decent once in a while, as are fried potatoes with diced spam and onions.
HarleySpoon
AG
Poor doo.
Burdizzo
AG
rlb28 said:

Liver

With onions and Heinz 57
rilloaggie
AG
Step 1: make pot of pinto beans. Grandma is old school and just throws ham and beans in a pot, I'm fancy so I add some peppers and onions.

Step 2: throw a healthy sized chunk of cornbread in a bowl and serve beans on top of it.

Step 3: this is where I get weird looks. Grab your spoon and load it up with a heaping spoonful or two of miracle whip. Mix it in and chow down. Deliciousness abounds.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.