What was your final undergraduate GPA?

7,268 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ursusguy
PoohAh97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quitter
Bluff Rat
AG
2.71 which was probably about the same as my BAC
MooreTrucker
AG
malenurse said:

Beats my 2.54.

My wife graduated Magna Cum Laude.

I graduated Thank the Laude.
I use a similar joke. Mine is "By the Skin of His Teeth" but it's in Latin so it's more impressive.
Texmid
AG
MooreTrucker said:

malenurse said:

Beats my 2.54.

My wife graduated Magna Cum Laude.

I graduated Thank the Laude.
I use a similar joke. Mine is "By the Skin of His Teeth" but it's in Latin so it's more impressive.
I've always said I graduated "Laudy How Cum".
bac
AG
Saw a license plate once that read: 2.0NGO
Larry S Ross
AG
Seems like anything over 2.0 would be wasted effort.
KidDoc
AG
Larry S Ross said:

Good luck getting into medical school with a 2.0!

But I do agree with many other majors after the first job it likely doesn't matter much. Seems like getting good internship type experience as at least as important as the GPA.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bruce Almighty
AG
4.0. I also run a 4.4 forty and bench 350.
Humorous Username
AG
KidDoc said:

Larry S Ross said:

But I do agree with many other majors after the first job it likely doesn't matter much. Seems like getting good internship type experience as at least as important as the GPA.

What do you call a doctor that was last in his medical school graduating class?
Humorous Username
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Mfbarnes breaks cover!
Krazykat
AG
- fiddy.
big ben
AG
3.3 COSC
Dr. Faustus
AG
Humorous Username said:

KidDoc said:

Larry S Ross said:

Doctor.
IrishTxAggie
AG

In major was a 3.5
Core classes...bit of a different story.

Was on scholastic probation until the semester before I graduated.
Bayside Tiger Ag
3.75 in accounting

Didn't matter too much for first job, but it did matter for grad school admissions.
smucket
AG
Not sure but I think around 2.5 in accounting.
Passed the CPA, got into finance.
Now I manage an asset management company with $6 billion in assets.
And I am a guest speaker for the finance dept at the best university in the USA. Ours.

You didn't ask for all that, but I am so proud of where I've been and my recent speaking engagement that I really can't help it.
Rongagin71
AG
A&M was still on the 3-point system when I started and an "A"= 92-100, "B"= 84-92, etc.
But the nicest profs I had were almost all Aggies.
KidDoc
AG
Humorous Username said:

KidDoc said:

Larry S Ross said:

Yes but the hurdle is getting into medical school. In general if you aren't 3.5ish or higher it is not good odds. You can get into the off shore schools but their pass rates for the USMLE at not great.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bayside Tiger Ag
smucket said:

Not sure but I think around 2.5 in accounting.
Passed the CPA, got into finance.
Now I manage an asset management company with $6 billion in assets.
And I am a guest speaker for the finance dept at the best university in the USA. Ours.

You didn't ask for all that, but I am so proud of where I've been and my recent speaking engagement that I really can't help it.

Good bull.

Be sure to tell all those impressionable Ags at Mays how important TexAgs was to your success.
smucket
AG
I do. And I have opened a pipeline between the company I work for and the finance dept. So now more kids can stay in state and be in a prosperous industry. I am blessed and lucky to be able to help out future Ags.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Real answer: 3.2, and that is with me completely bombing the second semester of my sophomore year and being put on academic probation.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Humorous Username said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Mfbarnes breaks cover!
The former strength and conditioning coach for Texas A&M and Dallas Cowboys can bench way more than 350.
Kool
AG
KidDoc said:

3.76 BS in Bio minor Psych. Actually never finished my A&M degree just got into medical school with my 100ish hours and moved on.

3.87 as a PreMed (Zoology) major. Finished in 3 years with 122 hours. Back when I was little, you could go this route and apply to Med school after 3 years. If you got in after 3 years, your Basic Science classes in the first year of Med school were credited and as I did you got your BS after your first year. I absolutely worked my ass off to do this, and lost out on some of the college experience as a result. I wouldn't have done this except that I was getting zero dollars for college and Med school, and I knew it (born the son of a poor Black sharecropper in a figurative sense). When I got accepted, I went. But it would've been fun to have had a 4th year of college with no pressure. My parents gave me SO MUCH, it's just that money wasn't one of those things.
Aggie521
AG
Scholastic probation after Fresh year, transferred to Blinn because it was "cheaper" to finish general studies. Got reaccepted to A&M 3rd year in, finished with 3.0 overall & 3.5 in major in 6 years total and whooo baby I graduated with an edumacation!
AgsMyDude
AG
champagnepapi

Got the GED!
Ag with kids
AG
One of my good friends got into A&M because his mom signed his app for him. He was just going to go into the Army.

His first several years he was on the edge of getting kicked out.

Then he got to his core classes...in Nuclear Engineering. So, now that he wasn't bored, he got a 4.0 to finish it out.

No idea what his final GPA was but he's in charge of a lot of nuke ****
ursusguy
AG
3.8 in major
Wildlife
arb2win
4.00 because I'm smarter than you poors.
Pro Sandy
AG
3.58 chemical engineering
Jack Boyett
AG
2.8 in chem-e. Retiring in a couple weeks at age 43. Did better in real life than school.
AG
3.00 in Economics, and i was damn proud of it!
chjoak
AG
2.8 in Computer Science
Transferred to TAMU after 2 yrs in JUCO. 1st semester was 2.0. Every semester after was 3.0 or better. I also worked 40+ hr/wk while at JUCO and 30+ hrs/wk while in CS.
WaltonAg18
AG
Hopefully around a 2.6 or 2.8 if I really apply myself this last semester. BICH
Too much bonfar as a fish led me to a year at Blinn after failing out of general engineering, and my GPA when I got back at A&M has been at least a 3.0 the past three semesters.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
angel_00
AG
3.8 Accounting
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.