Tell me about Denver

6,571 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Thunder18
GunRangeGal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When we decided on the move date we didn't have jobs lined up... it was quite the leap of faith that we'd figure it out by the time we moved. The stars aligned and the hubs landed the exact job he wanted, and I get to continue my pet care business!
Ragoo
AG
Awesome! Congrats!
BQ2001
AG
What kind of pet care business? We are in Littleton and have pretty regular need for boarding but the place we go to keeps getting more expensive.
62strat
AG
GunRangeGal said:

When we decided on the move date we didn't have jobs lined up... it was quite the leap of faith that we'd figure it out by the time we moved. The stars aligned and the hubs landed the exact job he wanted, and I get to continue my pet care business!
We moved here with no jobs. We told ourselves, if we wait to get jobs lined up it will never happen. You know how to make it happen? Put your houston house on the market, and when it sells you pack your **** in a moving truck and find an apt. in Denver!

Moving here with no jobs was a really good idea. We had 4-6 weeks of going anywhere we wanted, exploring, etc. We were both employed by week 6.

I bet this growth lasts at least another 5 years. I work for a GC, and we have 2-3 years worth of work lined up in the warehouse industry. And if amazon announces Denver as HQ2??? It'll be a decade of growth.
GunRangeGal
AG
That's awesome! Glad to know we're not the only ones crazy enough to just make it happen!
GunRangeGal
AG
I go to people's houses and care for their animals while they are out of town/working. I've worked out all the kinks of Insurance, scheduling, billing, etc in College Station, knowing I can grow it much faster and larger in Denver than I can in CS. I'll be focusing my growth in the downtown area until I can hire some quality people and expand.
dah4439
AG
We just moved here in May from Houston and absolutely love it! Give me a shout if you have any questions. I'll also be your first customer for the dog care once you get set up!

Darby '98

Darby&aggienetwork.com
Green2Maroon
AG
I'm planning to move to Denver in April if I don't get a job there before then. Currently living in Montana.

People have mentioned the very high vehicle registration fees- I happen to have 2 cars as a part-time Uber driver. 2010 Prius for most of the time/year and 2005 Tacoma for winter roads, mountains etc. How much can I expect to bleed in this case?

I'm otherwise really excited to get down there.
Thunder18
AG
The Fife said:

The dinosaur sucks!

Great reference

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.