Tell me about Denver

6,570 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Thunder18
GunRangeGal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm moving there in January!
IrishTxAggie
AG
It gets cold.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Hope you enjoy Denver!

Read about the Denver airport conspiracy theories.
riverrataggie
AG
It's in Colorado
I Play With Guns
S
The locals will hate you bc you're ruining their city
Traffic sucks balls
Cherry creek is the ritzy area and has good shopping
Cherry Cricket will be the best burger of your life
People smell like weed
Whole Foods doesn't sell alcohol
Geralt of Rivia
S
Say hi to my brother and SIL. They moved back there a month ago
Dwide Schrude
AG
Very open "weed culture" that I personally find trashy.
jetch17
AG
Weed and beer
Lungblood
Austin of the west.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Edibles.
fta09
AG
Lots of places are super dog friendly. I like it when I visit and if I were to move from Texas, I wouldn't mind living there.
Hamburger Dan
Sounds great to live in such a beautiful place like Denver. Major League sports, mountains, fishing, sking, good restaurants, breweries. I can't imaging hating on a place just for weed. In case you haven't noticed, it's been around for quite awhile. Other states will legalize it soon enough, because they can make money from it.
The Fife
The dinosaur sucks!
LupinusTexensis
People don't believe in leash laws and let their dogs get all up in your grill
Traffic on 70 is horrible from weekend warriors
Weather is great
Food isn't as good as major Texas cities
Breweries all over the place
Native coloradoans smoke cigarettes like crazy
The transplants smoke weed like crazy
bmc13
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
bmc13 said:

+1
MonkeyKnifeFighter
AliasMan02
AG
Hamburger Dan said:

Sounds great to live in such a beautiful place like Denver. Major League sports, mountains, fishing, sking, good restaurants, breweries. I can't imaging hating on a place just for weed. In case you haven't noticed, it's been around for quite awhile. Other states will legalize it soon enough, because they can make money from it.

If you haven't been there, the people are not talking about weed being the problem. It's the trash element it brings out around the dealers. At least right after the law passed, last I was there, the weed shops were like having a Dollar General or off brand 7-11 on every corner. Dirty, trashy, with broke ass clientele hanging around.

It may have thinned out by now, but that's how I saw it a few years back.
Bunk Moreland
The sunshine state.
Dwide Schrude
AG
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Other than that it's a pretty cool city. I'd live there given the chance.
03_Aggie
Bunk Moreland said:

The sunshine state.

With the bomb ass hemp beat?
62strat
AG
I Play With Guns said:

The locals will hate you bc you're ruining their city
Traffic sucks balls
Cherry creek is the ritzy area and has good shopping
Cherry Cricket will be the best burger of your life
People smell like weed
Whole Foods doesn't sell alcohol
traffic is a breeze compared to Houston.

Liquor laws have changed, grocery stores have wine/beer now (not 3.2).... well it's being Phased in over the next few years. Costco near me just started selling it.

Oh also, locals is now like 20% of population. Don't worry about them.

Been here 5 years and can't imagine leaving. Well, maybe when I'm old and retired, for 2-3 months during winter we may go south.

It was 70 degrees yesterday. Weather is quite the roller coaster.
62strat
AG
Dwide Schrude said:

I have yet to see it in public (it's not legal to smoke in public), and the shops just blend in with everything else.

It's not even legal to sell in the county I live in. It's not sold statewide. Edibles are the big seller, which is way less trashy than cigarette smokers, which isn't allowed inside anywhere in the state.

What exactly is your experience? Sounds like you haven't a clue and are just regurgitating others' uninformed opinions.
Dwide Schrude
AG
62strat said:

Dwide Schrude said:

I have yet to see it in public (it's not legal to smoke in public), and the shops just blend in with everything else.

It's not even legal to sell in the county I live in. It's not sold statewide. Edibles are the big seller, which is way less trashy than cigarette smokers, which isn't allowed inside anywhere in the state.

What exactly is your experience? Sounds like you haven't a clue and are just regurgitating others' uninformed opinions.

I definitely saw and smelled people that smoked in public when I was there. It's not the weed, it's the stoner/lazy attitude types places with lax laws seem to attract. I just don't care for it. This coming from someone that smoked some bag in my high school / early college days.

So I think I have at least one clue.
La Fours
AG
Let me know when you are moved and settled. My cousin, class of 03, lives there. I'll introduce y'all.
Beer Baron
AG
I go through times where I really want to move there. Then I see on the news where they're having a blizzard in may or September.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
He played Gilligan.
Dr.Rumack
Dwide Schrude said:

smoked some bag in my high school / early college days.

That explains a lot...
Post removed:
by user
rwtxag83
AG
Great place to live, especially for folks who like outdoor activities. I noticed young professionals seem to define themselves by their favorite one; I'm a snow shoer, I'm a mountain biker, i'm a cross country skier, etc.

There are a lot of great places to eat. People generally friendly, just not as much as TX.

Great launch point for travel to mountain towns for skiing, camping, hiking etc., and seeing interesting stuff.

Out fricking standing museum of natural history. We love that place.

Very active artsy fartsy scene.

I hear folks say the MJ laws have brought out a dirtbag element, but that isn't that visible on a daily basis if you live in a nice area.

One thing we really liked is there are lots of hot springs in the mountains. We really miss that here. Great to experience if you have never tried that.
Greater love hath no man than this....
Agmechanic
AG
State income tax
a gmechanic 01@gma i l (no spaces)
Girlhowdy
AG
Buy lots of chapstick.
dan87
AG
We just got back from a weekend trip. I'd move there tomorrow if it wasn't for the astronomical cost of living. I was told that a studio apartment to rent in an okay part of town cost $1,500/month...can't imagine the cost to buy.

Outside of that, I don't think you can make a great case against the city. It's got everything you'd want.
OCEN99
AG
I spent a good chunk of March and April in Denver this year. There was a good solid week of my time there where it smelled like I was living in a Dave Matthews concert.
Ragoo
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Hamburger Dan said:

If you haven't been there, the people are not talking about weed being the problem. It's the trash element it brings out around the dealers. At least right after the law passed, last I was there, the weed shops were like having a Dollar General or off brand 7-11 on every corner. Dirty, trashy, with broke ass clientele hanging around.

It may have thinned out by now, but that's how I saw it a few years back.
last time I was there the shuttle driver said the number of homeless increased dramaticallly.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.