iPhone 7 or 8?

6,413 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tandy miller
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

i thought you were always broke? seems like there is a bevy of free or cheap options out there.

It's pretty easy for a woman to get a couple hundred bucks for a few minutes of doing nothing.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
PrincessButtercup
AG

Whatever. I start an awesome job on Monday as the lead writer for an agency.
aTm2004
AG
Send me a copy...I also read the articles.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
aTm2004
AG
But seriously, congratulations!
ArticPenguin:

PrincessButtercup
AG
Haha thank you! Ya jerk.
The "wireless" charging feature is just a novelty. If you ever used one for Galaxy series, you'll notice that you'll hardly use it.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen knows what he's talking about
PrincessButtercup
AG
I believe it. My only thought is the difference price wise is about $7/mo so is it worth it to have the most updated model for long term functionality or does the difference between the fusion and bionic not mean much.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I was just looking for a reason to say Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
PrincessButtercup
AG
I'm so happy you had the opportunity.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Currently have a 7 plus 128 GB. I will definitely get the X when it is released in October.
Get Off My Lawn
Wait until the 8 comes out and then get a cheaper 7.
PrincessButtercup
AG
That is smart.
Goose06
AG
If your boss expects you to be reachable at all times via cell phone they should provide the phone and the plan. I've never worked anywhere that did not provide both dating back to 2007 and I've worked 5 places.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Every boss expects to be able to get a hold of their employee. To say otherwise is just nonsense. No one with a job in 2017 can go without a phone for 2 weeks.
Goose06
AG
And every job I've had the company paid for both a phone and laptop so I could be available at any time. Go a week without a phone and tell your boss you are saving up to buy an iPhone after your previous phone broke.
Ragoo
AG
Goose06 said:

And every job I've had the company paid for both a phone and laptop so I could be available at any time. Go a week without a phone and tell your boss you are saving up to buy an iPhone after your previous phone broke.
mine does not pay for the device. I suspect they don't want to own a bunch of assets that inherently break or the operator wants to upgrade every couple of years. They should increase compensation though for those required to maintain a company phone.
I Play With Guns
S
If you're that important and they need to contact you, they will pay for your phone. Simple as that!
rhoswen
AG
#1 said:

The "wireless" charging feature is just a novelty. If you ever used one for Galaxy series, you'll notice that you'll hardly use it.

I use mine every night.
Lonestar06
Wait until the 8 comes out and get the 7 cheaper like was said above. First gens suck anyway.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Lonestar06 said:

Wait until the 8 comes out and get the 7 cheaper like was said above. First gens suck anyway.

Technically the 8 is the second gen 7.
JCRiley09
AG
4th generation iPhone 6
Sniffing Accountant
AG
I liked my Galaxy S5 and my Lg G6, especially for the screen and cameras (LG especially), but the battery life sucked and they both came with a ton of bloat ware that couldn't be uninstalled, Samsung being the worst. Aside from the boot loop the Lg got caught in once, it was almost Nokia tier indestructible.

The LG and Samsung both had better cameras and much better screens than my iPhone 7, but it's not too big of a deal. Unless the camera is ridiculously better and the whole AR ends up being dope af, I say just get an iPhone 7.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I think I'm gonna go with the 7 after the 8 comes out. Hopefully drives the price down some.
Tanya 93
rhoswen said:

#1 said:

I use mine every night.

Me too.
ac04
i have two 7s and i love them. no plans to move to 8.
Dr.Rumack
Wait for the XIII version. Flip phone until then.
aTm2004
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

I think I'm gonna go with the 7 after the 8 comes out. Hopefully drives the price down some.
Don't forget, even if your phone is having problems, you'll probably be able to get something for it when you get a new phone. My wife got $150 from Apple for her 4 with a lock button that didn't work when she upgraded to the 6. It may also be worth it to see if you can get your phone fixed, and if so, the cost may be worth if if you're able to sell it on TA, Craigslist, etc for a few hundred.
ArticPenguin:

bam02
AG
Tanya 93 said:

rhoswen said:

#1 said:

I use mine every night.

Me too.

Me three.
PrincessButtercup
AG
aTm2004 said:

PrincessButtercup said:

Don't forget, even if your phone is having problems, you'll probably be able to get something for it when you get a new phone. My wife got $150 from Apple for her 4 with a lock button that didn't work when she upgraded to the 6. It may also be worth it to see if you can get your phone fixed, and if so, the cost may be worth if if you're able to sell it on TA, Craigslist, etc for a few hundred.

Yeah they said online that with the problems I have, I should get $175. Which works for me.
The Fife
Pixel XL
tandy miller
AG
I sold a new 64gb iPhong 6 to a friend for $200 friday..
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.