iPhone 7 or 8?

6,362 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tandy miller
PrincessButtercup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My iPhone is officially biting the dust. I've had it for 3 years, and it just randomly decided to delete all my pics and messages last night. And turns off when it feels like it. So, I need a new phone.

That being said. the new iPhone 8 comes out in less than 2 weeks. Should I wait for the 8 or get the 7? I don't care about a fancy phone, but the idea of wireless charging is kind of nice since I bend my lightning cables a lot.

This could also be a good time to switch to a different wireless provider since some of you have talked about alternative solutions to the big names. I have Verizon and pay $82/mo for unlimited talk/text and 6gb of data. I'm sure I could be getting a better deal.

Any advice is appreciated.
HBCanine08
AG
Wait until the 8 comes out, go see it in person, compare both in person, and then choose. Also, check out other companies for offers.
normaleagle05
AG
You misspelled Galaxy S.
Geralt of Rivia
S
You misspelled iPhone
agracer
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

My iPhone is officially biting the dust. I've had it for 3 years, and it just randomly decided to delete all my pics and messages last night. And turns off when it feels like it. So, I need a new phone.

That being said. the new iPhone 8 comes out in less than 2 weeks. Should I wait for the 8 or get the 7? I don't care about a fancy phone, but the idea of wireless charging is kind of nice since I bend my lightning cables a lot.

This could also be a good time to switch to a different wireless provider since some of you have talked about alternative solutions to the big names. I have Verizon and pay $82/mo for unlimited talk/text and 6gb of data. I'm sure I could be getting a better deal.

Any advice is appreciated.
why would you do that?

I have 6 phones on Cricket and pay $130/mo for unlimited talk/text and 3GB on each line. It's AT&T's network.
Geralt of Rivia
S
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/iphone-8-vs-iphone-7-3286334

I think that is a comparison of 7 vs 8 (didn't read it myself). In case you wanted to do some research on them
Drawkcab
I tried to meet you for dinner when I was in town in July but you ignored me. **** you. I hope Verizon locks you into a contract and then implements a clause in the fine print to increase their fees 500%.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Drawkcab said:

I tried to meet you for dinner when I was in town in July but you ignored me. **** you. I hope Verizon locks you into a contract and then implements a clause in the fine print to increase their fees 500%.

You never messaged me!

And I don't mean to bend my lightning cables. I'm just not a good owner.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Wade Winston Wilson said:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/iphone-8-vs-iphone-7-3286334

I think that is a comparison of 7 vs 8 (didn't read it myself). In case you wanted to do some research on them

Sweet thanks. Seems like it's mostly just the charging options like I thought. Just not sure if my current phone can last two weeks.
aTm2004
AG
If you're like me and doesn't flip them and only buys a new one when you don't have a choice, get the 8 since it's the newest and will be able to handle future updates without much issue.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Drawkcab
Yeah I didn't. No stars. It was just a blanket GB wide invite posted on my thread.

Maybe if there's a next time!
GAC06
AG
What about iPhone X?
PrincessButtercup
AG
aTm2004 said:

If you're like me and doesn't flip them and only buys a new one when you don't have a choice, get the 8 since it's the newest and will be able to handle future updates without much issue.

Kinda what I think. Just hope my phone can last that long. The X is stupid expensive and I don't like that they are taking away the touchID.

Drawcab, absolutely!
Wizard
Still nothing groundbreaking enough for me to shell out $1K, in my opinion.

I have an iPhone 7. If you have anything less than that, upgrading to 7 is worth it for the camera.
ThatOneAg
PrincessButtercup
AG
The iPhone 8 is $699 so I can go to Cracker Barrel after I buy it.
ThatOneAg
PrincessButtercup said:

Smart choice.
aTm2004
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

You'll bring the average age down to 73.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Post removed:
by user
GAC06
AG
Is it still called being catty when a dude does it?
Slicer97
AG
No, it's called being a loser that don't get to bang what he wants to bang
PrincessButtercup
AG
I just ignore him. It's sad that I can't make a thread asking about a phone without him feeling the need to be rude. I'm not rich but adding $20/mo to my plan for a necessary commodity isn't crazy.
Ragoo
AG
My 5c is toast. I am thinking about just getting the 6s.
Slicer97
AG
Also, Apple and their products suck. Get a Samsung Galaxy or Note and learn to love Android.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I don't know. Where I work uses apple products and it makes syncing so easy. I don't care about phones really so I want something user friendly that works. I had the Note4 and it was huge and had some bugs, so I went back to the iPhone when I got this one a few years ago.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Ragoo said:

My 5c is toast. I am thinking about just getting the 6s.

6s is what I have. It's been great for me. I'd buy another used one if they sold it in the store. I don't trust eBay much for phones anymore.
TyHolden
AG
Doubles as a heater in the winter

Post removed:
by user
The iPhone 8 should be called the iPhone 7 "Glass Back" edition. There's basically no other difference.
PrincessButtercup
AG
#1 said:

The iPhone 8 should be called the iPhone 7 "Glass Back" edition. There's basically no other difference.

Good to know. Wireless charging sounds cool but if my phone dies in the next few days, I don't really have an option.
aggiebq03+
PrincessButtercup said:

#1 said:

Good to know. Wireless charging sounds cool but if my phone dies in the next few days, I don't really have an option.

You could always go [gasp] without a phone for a few weeks. [/gasp]
PrincessButtercup
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

PrincessButtercup said:

#1 said:

Um. Is your boss cool with not having way to contact you? Cause mine certainly wouldn't be.
Ragoo
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

PrincessButtercup said:

#1 said:

hahahahaha

I spent about 5 hours on the phone each day the last week.
Customers, vendor s, service personnel
Stan Crowch
AG
This thread
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.