Gas SIAP

11,635 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by toucan82
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Screw it - it's opening weekend and I'm just gonna sit at home and not burn gas. I'll order DoubleDave's takeout all weekend long and make some teenage schmuck hunt for gas instead.
wangus12
AG
Dallas is in full ****** mode as well. 30 car lines or no gas.
GinaLinetti
AG
UnderoosAg said:

SA has gone full ruhtard with panic. Running gas stations dry in several areas.

This is a ****ing understatement. Traffic is backed up on feeder roads forever right now because of these idiots.
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Please everyone, get on Facebook now and notify all of your friends that they need to fill up all their vehicles. My sources out of Three Rivers, home to a large gasoline refinery, indicate that the state will be completely out of all gasoline by Sunday. That's right I said Sunday!!!! And when it returns, we are looking at $6 a gallon, Y'all!!! This is serious!!!
evan_aggie
AG
Ignac said:

Please everyone, get on Facebook now and notify all of your friends that they need to fill up all their vehicles. My sources out of Three Rivers, home to a large gasoline refinery, indicate that the state will be completely out of all gasoline by Sunday. That's right I said Sunday!!!! And when it returns, we are looking at $6 a gallon, Y'all!!! This is serious!!!

Troll?

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/local/texas-news/railroad-commissioner-theres-no-fuel-crisis-in-texas/287-469658632
RAILROAD COMMISSIONER: THERE'S NO FUEL CRISIS IN TEXAS
As gas prices spike across Texas and fuel runs short at some gas stations officials say there's no shortage of fuel in the state because of Harvey.
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Pssssssss - they are just saying that to keep people calm. Are you that stupid to believe this guy?
Rongagin71
AG
The Petroleum Reserve released a million gallons because "something is going on"...several refineries and perhaps the state's largest pipeline are shut down...but who knows how long, how high, where prices will up?
TyHolden
AG
As long as oil prices keep going up, I'm good. One of my fleet couldn't fill up today though.
gigemags-99
AG
I too had to get gas in San Antonio. The people in line were so pissed when my friends and I did this:

FriendlyAg
Ignac said:

Fill up now so you can go to the lake!!! Cause next week you won't be able to go to work!!!

Mark me down in the category of "we will survive".
FriendlyAg
CherryLodes said:

UnderoosAg said:

SA has gone full ruhtard with panic. Running gas stations dry in several areas.

This is a ****ing understatement. Traffic is backed up on feeder roads forever right now because of these idiots.

Obviously not from San Antonio. You say "feeder".
Ignatius_of_Silesia
God speed FriendlyAg. God speed.
Ignatius_of_Silesia
FriendlyAg said:

Obviously not from San Antonio. You say "feeder".
My wife says this as well. Its one of the many things she does, that really pisses me off.
GinaLinetti
AG
Born in seguin. Damn near a yankee
gambochaman
AG
toucan82 said:

Way to go gambro

VICTORY IS OURS!!
GinaLinetti
AG
Honey. Stop acting like you don't like it
Ignatius_of_Silesia
It moves when you say it. Not sure what she's doing wrong?
superunknown
AG
The Fife
Buc-ee's always has gas. Plus beaver nuggets and clean restrooms to go with it!
Liquid Wrench
In America, first you get the gas....

GinaLinetti
AG
What a fuggin tool
Tomdoss92
AG
Ignac said:

Looks like one of our own has come to save the day. Slick Rick with the save.

http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/energy-chief-rick-perry-taps-emergency-oil-reserve-in-wake-of-harvey

I wonder if anyone might want to tell him that oil is not the issue. We've got plenty of oil. Its like the gas dude.
well you need three things to get gas

1. oil
2. distribution networks
uhh.... i forget the third thing i'm sorry
GinaLinetti
AG
B-1 83
AG
Neighbor is one of the heads of Valero refineries in Corpus. He says there is no shortage for Valero stations, and they never really slowed down. Now that tankers can get into Corpus, all refineries will be at max. Independent stores are the ones in trouble here. They are at the back of the line.
gigemags-99
AG
Interesting. Wonder why the Valero stations would be any different than the others? Valero doesn't own them anymore. They are CST, or I guess Circle K actually now.

Plus there isn't really a shortage. People are just weird, panicky creatures. Supply isn't the issue, but we made distribution an issue.
B-1 83
AG
gigemags-99 said:

Interesting. Wonder why the Valero stations would be any different than the others? Valero doesn't own them anymore. They are CST, or I guess Circle K actually now.

Plus there isn't really a shortage. People are just weird, panicky creatures. Supply isn't the issue, but we made distribution an issue.
They have contracts, not spot purchases.
Vernada
AG
superunknown said:

I wish someone would've flicked a cig at this Moran.
permabull
AG
wangus12
AG
Hope people were calling him out.
aggiederelict
https://www.gasbuddy.com
superunknown
AG
Swarely
superunknown said:

Isn't this the premise of an Always Sunny episode?
superunknown
AG
Yes
GetThoseKeysMilo
The gas "shortage" has been caused by a classic wildebeest panic run. If people filled up like usual and tried to conserve a bit, there would not be much of a problem finding gas. Idiots like this guy filling up trash cans are causing the problem.

Social media herd mentality at it's finest.

Suppliers are still sending gas to DFW. There is a glut of gasoline in America. There is plenty of supply. Supply takes time to get to stations. It only takes a short time of panic-stricken soccer moms and social media morons to empty the gas stations out before the new supply can get there.
AGnBCS
AG
superunknown said:

Hoss Bonaventure
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.